"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Shit.........

No worries, we have Arsenal-Fk Crvena Zvezda (aka Red Star Belgrade) to look forward to!

I know......how the mighty have fallen.....

Indeed. For a prestiguous club like Red Star Belgrade to be slumming it against European no marks Arsenal is rather demeaning.

You are a sarcastic sod,Wiz ;)

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Shit.........

No worries, we have Arsenal-Fk Crvena Zvezda (aka Red Star Belgrade) to look forward to!

I know......how the mighty have fallen.....

Indeed. For a prestiguous club like Red Star Belgrade to be slumming it against European no marks Arsenal is rather demeaning.

You are a sarcastic sod,Wiz ;)

Don't shoot the messenger son. In European terms Arsenal are a minnow.

One CL final defeat ever? That puts you in the same category as such European powerhouses as Fiorentina, Panathanaikos, Club Bruges, Malmo and Leeds.

You're not even at Villa's level FFS!
    Truth betold Red Star Belgrade has a mighty history. They used to be one of the best teams in Europe at some point.
    jobo wrote: »
    Truth betold Red Star Belgrade has a mighty history. They used to be one of the best teams in Europe at some point.

The best team in 1991.

Arsenal aren't even the best team in North London any more.

Of the two it should be Red Star thinking 'How far we have fallen' tonight.
    I cant argue with any of this,we are officially shit in everything but the FA Cup..i'm kind of numb to it all now tbh.
    I cant argue with any of this,we are officially shit in everything but the FA Cup..i'm kind of numb to it all now tbh.

Chin up old man. In Arsene we trust, ten more glorious years and all that.

Oh don't ....I would rather sleep with Kara Milovy than see that !!

Well maybe...

Oh don't ....I would rather sleep with Kara Milovy than see that !!

Well maybe...

Oh Barry007, you never fail to make me laugh. Things can only get better for you sooner or later? Lol!

I hate to say it mate, But? That was a hell of a result for Spurs last night!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It could be worse chaps. You could support your local teams, and suffer along with the rest of us. ;)
    NicNac wrote: »
    It could be worse chaps. You could support your local teams, and suffer along with the rest of us. ;)

Started supporting Liverpool as a glory hunting kid (well my old man was born there but they move to Brum when he was 1 so there is a tentative link) in 1987. That's worked out well for me hasn't it?

Stafford Rangers are a joke so supporting your local team was never on the cards and the nearest top flight teams were Villa, the Manchester and the Liverpool teams. Of the 5, in the 80s there was really only one choice.

Shame someone couldn't have tipped me off that Fergie was a genius and Liverpool were about to be utter shite for a quarter of a century and I could have gone for Utd!

It's one thing being a glory hunter when you're too young to know better but once you have chosen a club you're stuck with them for all eternity.

These people you see who support about 15 teams or wear half and half shirts are a joke frankly.

My mate told me that he once saw a half and half Liverpool/Utd shirt! I like to think fans of both sides joined in unison in kicking the wearer to death as people like that are a cancer in football.

That would be Luton or MK Dons for me atm...Luton are doing ok but the Dons are naff.

RogueAgent wrote: »
    Oh Barry007, you never fail to make me laugh. Things can only get better for you sooner or later? Lol!

I hate to say it mate, But? That was a hell of a result for Spurs last night!

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have supported Man United since I was a brat through the dismal 70's and early 80's thanks to my Grandfather, a period when Looserpool were winning the majority of things.

Started supporting Liverpool as a glory hunting kid (well my old man was born there but they move to Brum when he was 1 so there is a tentative link) in 1987. That's worked out well for me hasn't it?

Stafford Rangers are a joke so supporting your local team was never on the cards and the nearest top flight teams were Villa, the Manchester and the Liverpool teams. Of the 5, in the 80s there was really only one choice.

Shame someone couldn't have tipped me off that Fergie was a genius and Liverpool were about to be utter shite for a quarter of a century and I could have gone for Utd!

It's one thing being a glory hunter when you're too young to know better but once you have chosen a club you're stuck with them for all eternity.

These people you see who support about 15 teams or wear half and half shirts are a joke frankly.

My mate told me that he once saw a half and half Liverpool/Utd shirt! I like to think fans of both sides joined in unison in kicking the wearer to death as people like that are a cancer in football.

Wow! And you blame others for being glory hunters? I thought you were from Liverpool?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117

Wow! And you blame others for being glory hunters? I thought you were from Liverpool?

There's a difference between being a glory hunter when you're a kid and being one when you're over the age of 15. All these fans in Asia swapping their Real/Barca/PSG/Chelsea/City shirts from season to season are quite depressing.

If I was a glory hunter I would've dumped Liverpool 27 years ago because there's been precious little glory since I've been supporting them.

Anyway a bit rich coming from someone who would support Accrington Stanley as long as The Messiah Pep was managing them.
    At school for me every lad supported Leicester or Derby. Both as good and as bad as each other.
    But, I live in Leicestershire and the chap next door where I grew up went to every home game in his van with his kids in the back. I just climbed on board.

Glory is a rare old thing for yo-yo clubs, so I have grabbed that one shining moment in 2015-16 season, and that will go with me to my grave because I can't see another like it any time soon.
    They wont get relegated,Leicester,but I cant see much else happening this season,maybe an FA Cup run ?

They are in the Q.Finals of the League Cup though,so who knows ?

There's a difference between being a glory hunter when you're a kid and being one when you're over the age of 15. All these fans in Asia swapping their Real/Barca/PSG/Chelsea/City shirts from season to season are quite depressing.

If I was a glory hunter I would've dumped Liverpool 27 years ago because there's been precious little glory since I've been supporting them.

Anyway a bit rich coming from someone who would support Accrington Stanley as long as The Messiah Pep was managing them.

That is a completely ridiculous claim! I have supported Barcelona since I was seven. I don't support City or any other team in England, and I have no intention of doing so.

That is a completely ridiculous claim! I have supported Barcelona since I was seven. I don't support City or any other team in England, and I have no intention of doing so.

So what would you do if Jose managed Barca?

I think Barry would rather come home to find Kara in his bed and gagging for it.
    I'd personally give up anything if I could come home and find Kara in bed gagging for it.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 7,505

So what would you do if Jose managed Barca?

I think Barry would rather come home to find Kara in his bed and gagging for it.

Luckily that will never happen! (Although he was practically begging for the job back in the day when Pep was appointet, which explains much of the grudge he has against the team and Pep himself...)

I would have to keep my head high, support the team and live witj the humiliation of having a whiny, arrogant little kid as head coach, hoping we would soon get tid of him. Much like I have been doing with our current president since 2010...
    I'd personally give up anything if I could come home and find Kara in bed gagging for it.

England to win the World Cup or find Kara in bed? That's a very tough one.
    I think the girl I am currently dating is more of a catch than Kara, to be honest... ;)

And I like Kara a great deal!
    I think the girl I am currently dating is more of a catch than Kara, to be honest... ;)

Your just showing off.

Let's see the evidence of this so called girlfriend of yours (could she possibly poke her little finger in the corner of her mouth and pout a little when you take the pic).

We will be the judge.

Your just showing off.

Let's see the evidence of this so called girlfriend of yours (could she possibly poke her little finger in the corner of her mouth and pout a little when you take the pic).

We will be the judge.

You like birds who do impressions of Dr Evil do you? It takes all sorts I suppose.

Your just showing off.

We will be the judge.

You like birds who do impressions of Dr Evil do you? It takes all sorts I suppose.

No, I meant this...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ_qtOvpyup6kJ1WBnVycJ-cEOIaSXK6BrKBMbRHr-zQxm9nBk
    No, not that, this...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-jKPokA-vQ0bsxoDgv65SLvsjIFPkHysyZ3dIBVFMHYzae1DO
    No, sorry, that's what you said.....THIS
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8LQH6QmFaiJQgpEPLigYfD3nl5ghyJlxh1fpJ1JFCOXJsGJIZ
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,335
    This thread never fail to entertain!
    Crunching time for Rosenborg soon. They will need at least a point, probably a win against Zenit to have a chance of qualifying from the group.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,335
    Crunching time for Rosenborg soon. They will need at least a point, probably a win against Zenit to have a chance of qualifying from the group.

Several players out injured/sick. Midfielder Konradsen starting as right back, and defender Rasmussen in central midfield. Will be interesting!

Making a double-feature this evening, with Rosenborg-Zenit St. Petersburg and Arsenal-Red Star Belgrade. Never mind the CL, EL is where the fun is!
    If Unsworth gets the Everton job then they are going down faster than they already are...that club is in a mess.
    Why would they sell Lukaku and sign 3 number 10's ??

Pathetic.

Evra doing a Cantona.