"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Hope the Gunners can summon up a performance today and take points of the blue half
    Hope the Gunners can summon up a performance today and take points of the blue half

I seriously doubt it. I hope Arsenal take points, but can't see it happening.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117
    001 wrote: »
    Don't rise to the bait chaps. I mean seriously NFL? There's not even a debate to be had.

And 'European' football? It's actually the global game and here's only one country that doesn't get it.

Hey Wiz, is Mohamed Salah nearly as good or as good as Coutinho ? as i told you when they signed him, which you very much doubted my opinion at the time.

Which is fine, as you are clueless when it comes to Football.... :)

No he's not.

Ask Barca if they want to give us 130m for him and you'll have your answer.

And bear in mind even Klavan and Minger would be embarrassed to be a part of West Ham's defence let's not get too excited about a tap in and a decent finish albeit with about 5 hours to take a touch and pick his spot.

By our dire transfer business he's looking decent but he's hardly running games single handedly.

Everyone ecstatic because we've won 4 in a row against Huddersfield, Maribor (twice) and West Ham. When we start beating the top teams instead of getting destroyed by them I might start thinking we've turned a corner but if even woeful West Ham are scoring against us still nothing has been addressed defensively and better teams will exploit it.

This season playing for Liverpool, Salah is a better player than Coutinho, EASILY.........

Barcelona's offer means jack shit when it comes to answers.....

Oh we're only counting this season are we? Nice of you to tell me the rules. Given Cout has barely played then I'll agree Salah has been better but then so has Glen Murray of Brighton.

Salah is just two goals short of matching top scorer Philippe Coutinho's tally for the whole of last season.

Coutinho is a dead man walking for Liverpool. He has lost the desire to play for us.
    All day he thinks of going to Barca.

And Michael Ricketts had 6 months looking world class - what's your point? The bloke has had a good run of games but basing judgement of a player's ability on 10 good games is a rather childish evaluation.

How many chances has Salah spunked up the wall by the way? He's decent enough but he's no Kane or Augero.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,530

Me neither though one can hope

Ghastly looking trophy Aguero got there

A surprising Arsenal lineup too, with no Lacazette. A gamble by Wenger.

Lacazette I have noticed not starting for a few Arsenal games I have watched this season

Lacazette I have noticed not starting for a few Arsenal games I have watched this season

Yes. Don't know the reason why – at least in a game like this. Chances both ways so far!

Yes. Don't know the reason why – at least in a game like this. Chances both ways so far!

Decent start by Arsenal though there is a sense of inevitablity City will score
    Whoops...

De Bruyne is on fire
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 17,335
    Well, we know how the rest of the match will be then..
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,530
    I always pick the wrong time to go to the shop, come on Arsenal

Edited: United team news playing two up top which is encouraging
    Note to Arsenal players, play to the whistle
    Goal by Lacazette, but what kind of refereeing is THAT on City's third? Thanks for nothing!!
    It looked onside need to watch it again
    Well not what I was expecting at the bridge, entertaining first half Fellini and Martial could be the players to win it from the bench for United
    The wheels coming off Jose's parked bus but no fear Fellaini on so everything is under control.
    Credit to Chelsea taught United a lesson, Uniteds deficiency's were for all to see in that second half. We need a world class number 10, Mkyt's form is also a concern and relying on two acceptional 20/21 year old is a concern as at that age consistency will be a issue. Every time Fellaini is in front of our back four I have a heart attack
    Watching the Man City-Arsenal highlights, it's clear it's an offside. But not surprised. There's so many similar situations almost every gameweek.
    Watching the Man City-Arsenal highlights, it's clear it's an offside. But not surprised. There's so many similar situations almost every gameweek.

The sooner the FA bring in replays for offsides the better.
    And Michael Ricketts had 6 months looking world class - what's your point? The bloke has had a good run of games but basing judgement of a player's ability on 10 good games is a rather childish evaluation.

How many chances has Salah spunked up the wall by the way? He's decent enough but he's no Kane or Augero. [/quote]

2015–16 15 goals for roma
    2016–17 19 goals for roma
    National team Total 56 Apps 32 goals
    If you can't see the point now you'll never see the point.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Get in!
    Blue is the colour. :D

How many chances has Salah spunked up the wall by the way? He's decent enough but he's no Kane or Augero.

2015–16 15 goals for roma
    2016–17 19 goals for roma
    National team Total 56 Apps 32 goals
    If you can't see the point now you'll never see the point.

[/quote]

It's a bizarre record for Salah. He really does miss a hatful of good chances, and still scores loads.

The sooner the FA bring in replays for offsides the better.

It sure wouldn't be a problem.

–––––
    Rosenborg, despite losing against Aalesund tonight, are now champions for the 25th time. Lord Bendtner scored a penalty, making him the current top scorer with 18 goals in total.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117
    vzok wrote: »
    It's a bizarre record for Salah. He really does miss a hatful of good chances, and still scores loads.

Wait till he loses his pace and see how he does. He's been better than I thought to be fair but 99% of his goals are when we catch teams on the break and most of the time someone else does the hard work to create the chance. Don't get me wrong he's been decent (and for a club that has the worst transfer business in world football he looks like a snip in the current market) but in terms of tekkers, picking a pass and pulling something out of the hat to win a game he's not in the same league as Cout.

Wait till he loses his pace and see how he does. He's been better than I thought to be fair but 99% of his goals are when we catch teams on the break and most of the time someone else does the hard work to create the chance. Don't get me wrong he's been decent (and for a club that has the worst transfer business in world football he looks like a snip in the current market) but in terms of tekkers, picking a pass and pulling something out of the hat to win a game he's not in the same league as Cout.

'Only scores on the break after someone else does the hard work'?

Not anything special when it comes to 'picking a pass and pulling something out of the hat to win a game?

By today's standards, that is World Player of the Year characteristics right there!

idiot_emoji_shutterstock.jpg?x=1200&y=794
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    What on earth is going on?!!! 2 down to the bottom club at half time! Sort it out boys and FAST!!!!

Oh, that's not good. Tettey playing these days?

Tettey has an injury, but recovering, our attacking options have been decimated for some time now which is why we are barely scoring any goals. Hopefully the international break will give us time to regroup.
    Here we go again :

WEST HAM HAVE SACKED MANAGER SLAVAN BILIC .
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Here we go again :

Yep! Just came up on Sky News! Crazy days yet again indeed!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Here we go again :

Yep! Just came up on Sky News! Crazy days yet again indeed!

Hardly. He's been on the brink for a year and they are utter shite.

The guy looked broken on Saturday after the match. Crazy would be to continue with him when you've got hundreds of millions at stake.