"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

HAHAHA! This is brilliant! Thank you Slaven!

Love it !!!

That second half was playing for their manager...and the scum are out...lovely.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,357
    barryt007 wrote: »
    HAHAHA! This is brilliant! Thank you Slaven!

Love it !!!

That second half was playing for their manager...and the scum are out...lovely.

Slaven Bilić looked like a happy man in the post-match interview. Well deserved win!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    A return to the PL next season would be a dream! But? We are only 25% of the way through the season so I will remain calm for now. Lol!

Hahah! Probably for the best yes, but by the looks of it Norwich are picking up points. Five wins and three draws in the last ten? That's impressive!

Yep our league form recently has been exceptional! Hoping we continue in the same manor against Derby at home this weekend?!!!
    Come on Hammers hang on !!!!!!!!...beat the scum !!!

Lol! Nice to see you being thoughtful Barry007!
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    A return to the PL next season would be a dream! But? We are only 25% of the way through the season so I will remain calm for now. Lol!

Hahah! Probably for the best yes, but by the looks of it Norwich are picking up points. Five wins and three draws in the last ten? That's impressive!

Yep our league form recently has been exceptional! Hoping we continue in the same manor against Derby at home this weekend?!!!

Yes...they modelled the sculpture 'The Thinker' on me he he ;)

f90cf816e8cc5544e30a3bf120c78728--the-thinker-famous-art.jpg

That is why you are a genius!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Puel?

Only Hodgson rates higher on the underwhelmingometer.

A step up from Shakespeare I suppose and did reasonably at Southampton.

Actually given I'm lumbered with Kevin Keegan in posh glasses but with less defensive nous I'm about 2 games away from biting your hand off for someone as middle of the road as Claude.
    Puel?

Actually given I'm lumbered with Kevin Keegan in posh glasses but with less defensive nous I'm about 2 games away from biting your hand off for someone as middle of the road as Claude.

You should get Graeme Souness back to kick em all up the arse...that's the type of character we need at Arsenal,a Sean Dyche character.

Puel?

We'll probably end up with Claude Balls.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    DUPE

That is why you are a genius!

How kind !
    Yes I am actually .....

EDIT : ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST AS PEDRO CAIXINHA SACKED BY GLASGOW RANGERS.

Hadn't noticed Derby was all the way up to 9th. They must be in good form, as well!
    EDIT : ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST AS PEDRO CAIXINHA SACKED BY GLASGOW RANGERS.

Another one?! This is truly getting ridiculous.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The first thing managers must look at when perusing a new contract is the severance pay stipulations.
    The first thing managers must look at when perusing a new contract is the severance pay stipulations.

Indeed...a football 'pre-nuptial' agreement !!

Indeed...a football 'pre-nuptial' agreement !!

That's why I wouldn't get too stressed about it as the golden handshakes their are to get rid of you can be mind numbing!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,570
    Carabao Cup draw for the quarter finals...

Chelsea vs Bournemouth @ Stamford Bridge
    Arsenal vs West Ham @ Emirates Stadium
    Leicester City vs Manchester City @ King Power Stadium
    Bristol City vs Manchester United @ Ashton Gate

C98PAQjXcAQoqy5?format=jpg

I forget who is sponsoring the league cup
    I just call it the Cacao cup now. Close enough.

Looking at that Arsenal fixture, I don't think it will be an easy one. Fear that Carroll might put one or two in the net behind the Arsenal defense.
    The London Derby is an interesting one, depends which West Ham or Arsenal for that matter turns up. United arguably got the easiest draw though away fixtures can't be taken for granted.
    What were the odds on all 4 big teams avoiding each other? Especially after that delayed drawer too!! Hmmmmmmm?!!!!
    What were the odds on all 4 big teams avoiding each other? Especially after that delayed drawer too!! Hmmmmmmm?!!!!

If the four sides you allude too make the semi finals it will certainly raise the profile of the abracadabra cup

If the four sides you allude too make the semi finals it will certainly raise the profile of the abracadabra cup

Lol! The whole competition is quite farcical!

Lol! The whole competition is quite farcical!

It is it never occurred to me the top teams were avoiding each other, it's a bit suspect lol
    I just call it the Cacao cup now. Close enough.

Looking at that Arsenal fixture, I don't think it will be an easy one. Fear that Carroll might put one or two in the net behind the Arsenal defense.

The Caribbean Queen cup.(No More Love On The Run) :)
    Well if you were to believe the pundits and sports writers Spurs are going to beat United at Old Trafford today.
    United have started the game well.
    United have started the game well.

Just woke up for the game working nights, United need to win nothing else will be acceptable.
    Mata needs to come on Mkhitaryan is anonymous
    Two teams blocking each other so far. Will be an interesting second half.
    Two teams blocking each other so far. Will be an interesting second half.

Yeah as a United fan I expect more when at home, Spurs are a very good side though United had too many wayward passes. Rashford looks lively that's one positive, the ball is just not sticking with Lukaku he has been poor. Lukaku will probably score three second half now lol
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,570
    Get In!!!!!!!! Martial this is stress

Edited: Man United 1 - 0 Spurs hard fought win by United.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Neve really in doubt. All well and good putting 4 past Lovren and Minger but Spurs just lack the arsehole when it really matters.