"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The hand of God looks happy
    There will be more goals in this game.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    There will be more goals in this game.

Looks like it could be a good game this one
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Ok I've seen enough. The c-bomb can f-bomb off. Get Marco Silva in. Bloke has been more impressive in 6 months and no money to spend than this gormless prick in 2 years.

Southampton won't sell VVD? FIND SOMEONE ELSE THEN YOU F-BOMBING CRETIN.

To go into a season with a defence this appalling would be like a pilot doing the pre flight checks and realising two of the engines are out then just setting off down the runway anyway.

Couldn't even care less if we somehow dig out a result from here as if we miraculously avoid a raping this week we'll get one next week.

Get your lederhosen and piss off. You can even share a cab with Koeman down the dole office - our penny pinching board who are just as culpable for this still born season should be happy to save a few quid.
    Oh dear decent finish by Alli though all too easy
    jobo wrote: »
    How long before TheWiz pops up with his usual cumshot of how "Jose is the only one who knows how to win at football"??

Good teams and good managers sometimes play utter gash and lose.

Fergie did it, Cloughie did and, as we're talking of cumshots, your own personal fluffer Pep has and will again.

City were top this time last season and looking unbeatable so everyone getting a lit bit too excited prematurely. Admittedly they look a lot better this time round, but it's amazing how good a manager you look with yet another cheeky 200m spend in the summer.

Dyche, Silva and Rafa putting the so called 'superstar' managers to shame frankly.

That is a fair point of course. It is just ironic you would say that as you have been hailing Mourinho for spending just as many hundreds of millions...

On a squad that needed it having fallen into shocking disrepair under not only Moyes and LVG but Fergie as well, whose greatest title win could well be that last one with a squad that was barely fit for purpose.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Sure but Mourinho won the CL with Porto and Inter. Both of course with excellent players but they weren't exactly the very best squads either. Surely that's quite an achievement.

Good point.

All Pep has achieved is winning stuff when lucking out with the best squad of players probably in history. People say Jose buys success which is true to an extent, although certainly not with Porto, but Pep gets it handed to him on a silver platter.

I'd be very interested to see either of them at a Burnley and told 'Work with what you have.'

Claiming that Pep got it handed on a silver platter at Barcelona shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Barcelona during that period in time. The team he inherited was a mess with total lack of discipline. To change matters required a total reconstruction of the club from within as well as shipping of star players like Ronaldinho and Deco. That requires a lot competence as well as courage.
    Kane is world class no doubt about it glad he is English
    shows a fundamental lack of understanding

Oi!! Who do you think I am Jurgen Klopp?

One has to wonder why Mou had to play for a draw against Liverpool, right?

Agree entirely. Embarrassing amount of respect to give a pub team.

"Pub team" or "European royalty"? I guess Liverpool is a perfect metaphor and encapsulation of the British Empire.
    Watching this game was brutal. Not that I care about Liverpool FC, but it's clear that top four will be a very difficult task for any team – if not from Manchester, or called Sp*rs...

"Pub team" or "European royalty"? I guess Liverpool is a perfect metaphor and encapsulation of the British Empire.

Liverpool as an institution are European royalty.

The team that's on the pitch at the moment is a pub team.

And the guy driving us headlong into oblivion is a German. What metaphor is that?
    Had a stiff drink yet @TheWizardOfIce ?

I turned over at half time,that was seriously bad.
    You could have beaten the 'Scum' for every other club...every team's supporters hate them !!!
    A pub team that easily beats Arsenal... Man, hope Wenger brings out his inner Mourinho (hah!), and just parks the bus when they face Sp*rs. Feel a bit sick just thinking about that game.

Oh God, it's in November already!
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 12,506
    GET IN!!!!!!! My Canaries beat the Tractor scum in the old farm derby today!!!! So proud of the lads over this incredible run of results considering our lack of forward options going forward.

Next up? It's Arsenal in the cup Barry007! Do be gentle as we are not expected to win anyway? Be a great test for us dependant upon what strength team you obviously field?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    GET IN!!!!!!! My Canaries beat the Tractor scum in the old farm derby today!!!! So proud of the lads over this incredible run of results considering our lack of forward options going forward.

Next up? It's Arsenal in the cup Barry007! Do be gentle as we are not expected to win anyway? Be a great test for us dependant upon what strength team you obviously field?

That's the big thing...which Arsenal is put out.

Wilshire,Walcott and Giroud for sure.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

And the guy driving us headlong into oblivion is a German. What metaphor is that?

Trying hard to figure out how/why Klopp can’t get this defense figured out. It is amateur hour back there.
    barryt007 wrote: »

That's the big thing...which Arsenal is put out.

Wilshire,Walcott and Giroud for sure.

To be honest it is a win win for either way? I just hope either way we do not pick up any injuries?
    Congrats, @RogueAgent! Daniel Farke must have done a good job with this Norwich team! :-)

@barryt007 is most likely spot-on with the Arsenal starters next week. Walcott and Giroud on the bench this afternoon, and Wilshere only played during the second half. Wilshere did a good job, by the way.

Also no surprise if some of the young guys starts. They have done their part of the job in the EL so far, and should be included in the squad.
    Congrats, @RogueAgent! Daniel Farke must have done a good job with this Norwich team! :-)

@barryt007 is most likely spot-on with the Arsenal starters next week. Walcott and Giroud on the bench this afternoon, and Wilshere only played during the second half. Wilshere did a good job, by the way.

Also no surprise if some of the young guys starts. They have done their part of the job in the EL so far, and should be included in the squad.

Exactly .....we need our young Gooners to come through...and well done to Super Jackie Wilshire with a great cameo and an assist today !

Your both most probably right, in all honestly the Arsenal 2nd 11 could most likely do the job? But that's the thing with football? It can be damned unpredictable! The great thing is that Norwich will be under no pressure, will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out?
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,295
    Exactly .....we need our young Gooners to come through...and well done to Super Jackie Wilshire with a great cameo and an assist today !

Hopefully he'll be a central part this season. So incredibly strange to see him in a Bournemouth-kit last season.
    Your both most probably right, in all honestly the Arsenal 2nd 11 could most likely do the job? But that's the thing with football? It can be damned unpredictable! The great thing is that Norwich will be under no pressure, will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out?

Just hope Arsenal doesn't take this game to easy. It's not like they're going to win the title, so they better go all in. Norwich will surely make the most out of this game.
    TripAces wrote: »

Trying hard to figure out how/why Klopp can’t get this defense figured out. It is amateur hour back there.

Klopp was a defender, he should have some clue.

edited October 2017 Posts: 9,117
    I think the time has come to ask serious questions about Klopp.

The dismal transfer business is one thing, and probably not entirely his fault, but his inability to set up a defence is getting out of hand.

We are getting worse not better. Every manager knows how to set up against us so we find it hard to break them down and then you just wait to be gifted chances. He has absolutely no plan B and tactically he's as inflexible as Wenger.

It's fashionable to laugh at Jose for parking the bus and getting a result but his CV and clean sheets speak for themselves.

I couldn't give a toss about us being good going forward any more. Next game just park the bus, stop the rot and get a 0-0; just to prove that you know how to organise a defence. Because its not rocket science - people like Big Sam, Pulis and Dyche seem to manage it.

It's staggering that a guy can take home wages at the top of his profession without the faintest idea of how to do one fundamental aspect of the job. Imagine an F1 engineer who could build an amazing chassis with a revolutionary areodynamics setup but forgot to put the wheels on. Or a professional composer who was hired to write the musical score for a multimillion dollar film franchise and just copied and pasted his score from the previous film (little bit of satire for you there).

Our defence is worse now than under Brendan and Klopp's jokey schtick stopped being funny several months ago.

The season is already over anyway as there is zero chance of us finishing above the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Spurs so time to concentrate on getting things right for next season. Let Cout go and come up with a clear and cohesive strategy how you are going to use the money to get the defence sorted and start implementing it in the Xmas window and the summer. If you can't do that then go.
    I think the time has come to ask serious questions about Klopp.

The dismal transfer business is one thing, and probably not entirely his fault, but his inability to set up a defence is getting out of hand.

We are getting worse not better. Every manager knows how to set up against us so we find it hard to break them down and then you just wait to be gifted chances. He has absolutely no plan B and tactically he's as inflexible as Wenger.

It's fashionable to laugh at Jose for parking the bus and getting a result but his CV and clean sheets speak for themselves.

I couldn't give a toss about us being good going forward any more. Next game just park the bus, stop the rot and get a 0-0; just to prove that you know how to organise a defence. Because its not rocket science - people like Big Sam, Pulis and Dyche seem to manage it.

It's staggering that a guy can take home wages at the top of his profession without the faintest idea of how to do one fundament aspect of the job. Imagine an F1 engineer who could build an amazing chassis with a revolutionary areodynamics setup but forgot to put the wheels on. Or a professional composer who was hired to write the musical score for a multimillion dollar film franchise and just copied and pasted his score from the previous film (little bit of satire for you there).

Our defence is worse now than under Brendan and Klopp's jokey schtick stopped being funny several months ago.

The season is already over anyway as there is zero chance of us finishing above the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Spurs so time to concentrate on getting things right for next season. Let Cout go and come up with a clear and cohesive strategy how you are going to use the money to get the defence sorted and start implementing it in the Xmas window and the summer. If you can't do that then go.

Change a few bits, and you're talking about Arsenal. If Wenger and Klopp knew how to set up their teams for clean sheets, the table could at least been a little bit more interesting.

Speaking of clean sheets: Rosenborg got a 0-3-win away against Brann tonight, getting closer to the league title. Not the best game, but winning 0-3 away after playing away against Zenit Saint Petersburg Thursday, is a good result.
    The funny thing is that with Dortmund, Klopp´s attacking weapon was their main source of defence at the same time. Klopp´s Dortmund was able to gang up on the opposition all over the pitch without the ball, and could almost decide in which area they wanted to win the ball back. It was the art of "gegenpressing", and made them both defensively solid as well as lethal on the break. It is strange that he is so far off from replicating this in Liverpool, even after so many months at the helm.
    DJ Lovren and the Mig, You're FIRED...............
    001 wrote: »
    DJ Lovren and the Mig, You're FIRED...............

Don't stop there

Hopefully he'll be a central part this season. So incredibly strange to see him in a Bournemouth-kit last season.

Just hope Arsenal doesn't take this game to easy. It's not like they're going to win the title, so they better go all in. Norwich will surely make the most out of this game.

Absolutely! You don't get to test yourself against a top Premier League club every weekend outside the top division! Tomorrow night should be quite a giggle! You going tomorrow night Barry007? I wish I had the option!