"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Sp*rs has got a goal against RM! What a crazy world we live in...

Plenty of time !!

Not that im watching any matches,its on that crappy BT Sport channel/s
    Stunned Leicester have sacked yet another Manager! What kind of madness is this club run by?! After the way they treated Ranieri, I sincerely hope they go down now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,325
    barryt007 wrote: »

Plenty of time !!

Me neither I don't have Bt sport only SKY and SKY broadband, I pay too much as it is on streaming services
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,279

Plenty of time !!

Don't know what's worse, really. Not a fan of either! And it's 1-1 from Ronaldo, a footballer I really don't like...

Liverpool with 4 goals before halftime. Surely they can secure a win?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    'Bordering on embarrassing' - not my words. The words of Jon Champion. And remarkably he wasn't talking about our defence.

Still, with Karius on the pitch I'll settle for a point from here.

Plenty of time !!

Don't know what's worse, really. Not a fan of either! And it's 1-1 from Ronaldo, a footballer I really don't like...

The guy acts like scoring penalties is the biggest achievement in the world...
    'Bordering on embarrassing' - not my words. The words of Jon Champion. And remarkably he wasn't talking about our defence.

Wiz ,for God's sake enjoy yourself this once with your team haha !!

Wiz ,for God's sake enjoy yourself this once with your team haha !!

Agree! I'm enjoying the match, and I don't even support Liverpool! Salah's been sharp, by the way.
    jobo wrote: »

Plenty of time !!

The guy acts like scoring penalties is the biggest achievement in the world...

Of course it was a penalty too...
    Ronaldo is at least an player with a lot of passion and a healthy work ethic, I wish our national team had more players with his dedication. And his skills would be welcome too.
    0-7 for Liverpool! Enjoying the game, @TheWizardOfIce?

Wow really..?

I think @TheWizardOfIce has passed out in shock ..he might be ok in a while .

Wow really..?

I think @TheWizardOfIce has passed out in shock ..he might be ok in a while .

Ox scored a goal too!

Let's not get too excited shall we. We're European royalty and we should be hammering pub teams like this as a matter of course. Let's see what Spurs do to us on Sunday before we consider that we might have turned a corner.

Let's not get too excited shall we. We're European royalty and we should be hammering pub teams like this as a matter of course. Let's see what Spurs do to us on Sunday before we consider that we might have turned a corner.

Well, Sp*rs are their best away at the moment, so anything can happen!
    Liverpool's biggest away win in Europe. Good to see.

Man u's effort against us last saturday was Pathetic. Coutinho, 100 Percent penalty.

Bring on Spurs this week. At least they play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 1,575
    corner. [/quote]

How would you rate Salah as a signing for us so far this season ?
    Fair play to Spurs last night getting a result in Madrid. No easy feat indeed!
    Yes I would say fair play too but I hate them too much so I wont.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 7,500
    Lets not get too carried away. Teams like Valencia, Betis and Levante have all taken points at the Bernabeu this season. Betis even won. The only team Real Madrid have beaten at home this season in official matches, is Espanyol.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 9,117
    001 wrote: »

Difficult to gauge. He doesn't seem to do a lot in games then all of a sudden pops up with a tap in at the far post. But by the standards of our usual car crash recruitment you have say he's an unqualified success.
    001 wrote: »

Difficult to gauge. He doesn't seem to do a lot in games then all of a sudden pops up with a tap in at the far post. But by the standards of our usual car crash recruitment you have say he's an unqualified success.

Much like Cristiano Ronaldo actually...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Anderlecht - PSG tonight.

I should be anticipating a trashing, but sometimes fans have a sense of hope based on absolutely nothing.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Fair play to Spurs last night getting a result in Madrid. No easy feat indeed!

And Chelsea beating Atletico Madrid away, English teams could be making ground up on the Spanish

Lol! That's like me with Ipswich Barry007!
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,279

Hahah! Agree!
    Watching Benfica-United tonight. Not much to write about so far. Seems like the other matches have been more entertaining. No surprise, though.

Hahah! Agree!
    Watching Benfica-United tonight. Not much to write about so far. Seems like the other matches have been more entertaining. No surprise, though.

United need to up the tempo not impressing themselves enough
    Yeah. Not the best game so far. Will be interesting to see if tempo and chances will come as the match progresses.
    Yeah. Not the best game so far. Will be interesting to see if tempo and chances will come as the match progresses.

Rashford looks lively though United in the final third the players not in tune at moment