"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    West Brom are solid will be tough for Leicester to win this I think
    Indeed...a very positive start from the Baggies,i also didnt know that they have never lost to Leicester at the new stadium in 7 games.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Yeah me neither the Omens not good for Leicester
    Cracking free-kick ftrom Nasser Chadli,brilliant...1-0 WBA !
    Corker
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Certainly was some interesting results over the weekend. Pleased we bagged a very late draw against Hull on Saturday. Talk about dominating a game. Thought here we go when they went 1 up and down to 10 men. Then BOOM! Olivera with a 96th minute equaliser!! The sofa nearly went through the wall into my neighbours house! Lol! Next up? The grudge match, part 1! Ipswich Town in the old farm derby!

Congrats! Close between the top ten, so this can become a good season for Norwich!

Certainly is, It is like a soap opera! Lol!
    Certainly is, It is like a soap opera! Lol!
    Football can be like that!

1-1. Think Pulis is more happy with that result. West Brom within top ten as well.
    Peter Schmeichel defending his son :))
    From the looks of it (and according to pundit Erik Thorsvedt), he didn't see the ball. Couldn't explain the step in the other direction, but that wall didn't help.
    It was a great free kick to be honest
    WC PLAYOFFS :

SWEDEN V ITALY

DENMARK V REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

CROATIA V GREECE

NORTHERN IRELAND V SWITZERLAND

A great draw for both Irish teams !!

To be played 9-11 November.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    WC PLAYOFFS :

SWEDEN V ITALY

CROATIA V GREECE

That really is a decent drawer for both Irish teams! Good luck to them both! It would be fantastic for both of them to make it?
    WC PLAYOFFS :

SWEDEN V ITALY

CROATIA V GREECE

That really is a decent drawer for both Irish teams! Good luck to them both! It would be fantastic for both of them to make it?

Agreed...a sea of green and white all over Russia haha !
    Denmark-Republic of Ireland and Sweden-Italy will be a must-watch for me. Difficult game for those involved – most of all Sweden. Bendtner has been sharp lately, and might get a start. Fellow RBK-man Mike Jensen will be a terrier on the midfield if he plays. Most of all, the Danes have looked decent under Åge Hareide's management, so it will be no easy match for the Irish.
    I don't believe this....

Leicester City have sacked Craig Shakespeare.

That club needs a kick up the arse.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I don't believe this....

Hardly a shock. The real bummer is Roy Hodgson has already been snapped up.

Has a fall from grace ever been so swift? Champions to probably being managed by Big Sam in barely a year.
    That is Sweden not getting to the WC either, as a Dutchman I kind of enjoy that draw. I cannot see Sweden getting past Italy. And Denmark should achieve their goal of reaching the main tournament also.

And I wager Croatia & Switzerland also going to Russia next year.
    I don't believe this....

Is it confirmed? If true, then this only shows the club's lack of faith in their managers. Also, where on the table would you expect Leicester City to be? Top ten should be a goal for the club, and it's still early in the season. Sam Allardyce or Harry Redknapp next?
    I don't believe this....

Hardly a shock. The real bummer is Roy Hodgson has already been snapped up.

Has a fall from grace ever been so swift? Champions to probably being managed by Big Sam in barely a year.

I'm shocked that they have the bare-faced cheek to do exactly to Shakespeare as they did to Ranieri.

• edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I don't believe this....

Is it confirmed? If true, then this only shows the club's lack of faith in their managers. Also, where on the table would you expect Leicester City to be? Top ten should be a goal for the club, and it's still early in the season. Sam Allardyce or Harry Redknapp next?

Its confirmed.
    I got a message from SKY and BBC Sport.

79c64bb5-3f04-4dd5-bb02-8e92234a6685.png

Claudio Ranieri guided Leicester City to the Premier League title in the 2015-16 season, despite the club being written off as 5,000-1 no-hopers by bookmakers at the start of that season.

However, the next season did not go well for the Foxes with Ranieri sacked on 23 February, 2017 with the club 17th in the table.

Assistant manager Craig Shakespeare took control for the rest of that season and guided them to a 12th-placed finish before getting the job on a permanent basis.

He signed a three-year deal on 8 June but has been sacked just over four months later
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 17,295
    Its confirmed.
    I got a message from SKY and BBC Sport.

Christ...
    I don't believe this....

Leicester board are not very realistic, they have been slowly selling there best players they are a mid table side at best
    The Thai's are not renowned for their patience,i'm a long time witness to how they behave behind their 'welcoming innocent smiles'.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Memo to Jurgen - if you want to safeguard your job stop picking Karius.

Because anything but a win today and our season will be on the brink.
    Memo to Jurgen - if you want to safeguard your job stop picking Karius.

Because anything but a win today and our season will be on the brink.

Why does he pick him for the CL ? Its madness !!
    Will watch the Liverpool-game tonight (the other option was RM-Sp*rs – two teams I rather watch as little as possible!). How good are Maribor?
    Will watch the Liverpool-game tonight (the other option was RM-Sp*rs – two teams I rather watch as little as possible!). How good are Maribor?

Well said...i always try to avoid the 'filth' as well.

Still though, would love for Pochettino to manage Arsenal. Can Sol Campbell inspire him, maybe?

...Not too good it seems. Liverpool running the show at the moment.

...and it's 0-2.

Still though, would love for Pochettino to manage Arsenal. Can Sol Campbell inspire him, maybe?

...Not too good it seems. Liverpool running the show at the moment.

A top ,manager,but i cant really see it happening...
    A top ,manager,but i cant really see it happening...
    You're probably right there. Think Arsenal needs either a Pochettino-type or Allegri-type in the future.

0-3!