"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    001 wrote: »
    Why the hate for Liverpool supporter's ? Show a bit of Respect.
    We have the best supporter's in the World.

This guy is priceless.

He's already been proven wrong over his 5-0 delusion v Hoffenheim and his lack of basic football knowledge is laughable.

If we're talking about respect how about you send some Matic's way @001 . He's got more league medals in three years than Liverpool have in 27. Maybe if our comatose board had nipped in to get him instead of pretending to chase Keita and Van Dyke for double the money we might look in slightly better shape now?

On sunday he looked like the glue to hold midfield together that, along with them having the best manager and probably best keeper in the league, see Utd installed as favourites in my eyes.
    It's going to be a close season i think,which is Great.

Yeah going to be quite a close tussle between the Manchester clubs for the title and us and Everton for 6th.
    I hope it's OUR year but it's too soon to say, Einstein. :)

Not really. Can tell you already that the most we might win is the ludicrous Carabao Cup. Going to be nowhere near the big trophies. If you want to lay £50 on it I'm happy to accommodate you.

To everyone else on here @001 doesnt represent real Liverpool fans. Everyone I know lives in the real world and has nothing much but pessimism for the season after the dismal business we have done in the window. 4th and CL last 16 will be a fantastic season. Anything more and Jurgen has worked miracles.

Ok you asked for this, Grasshopper.

Use this as your desktop wallpaper instead of the Mig.

rory_kinnear_epa.jpg

Even I have to concede that's pretty funny!!

The Loris Karius of Bond himself.
    Since Matic joined Man Utd I am also kicking Arsenal's butt thinking what he could have brought to our pathetic 'holding midfield combo' ...
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 7,500
    I know José has a lot of fanboys on here, but I do not consider him to be the best manager in the PL. Pep, Conte, and possibly even Pocchetino, are better in my view. They are capable of building a team over time, and not simply exit in disgrace after a trademark disasterous third season leaving a dressing room in chaos and disarray behind. I also have a feeling that José's winning formula of creating a squad driven by anger and resentment, 'us against "them" ', coppled with cynicism and notorius and, arguably completely unecesesarry, mind games, has grown a bit stale.

Chelsea has for some reason chosen to quietly sit and watch their squad get weaker this summer, much to Contes frustration, so I guess their title hopes are diminishing. It's therefore likely, as widely presumed, that the Manchester clubs will fight it out, with City being the likelier bet in my opinion. Tottenham will keep up for quite some time, but I guess their squad is just not strong enough to hold until round 38. Sadly for all the Liverpool and Arsenal fans here, I still can't see anyone nicking Chelseas 4th place.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Since Matic joined Man Utd I am also kicking Arsenal's butt thinking what he could have brought to our pathetic 'holding midfield combo' ...

That midfield sure is a problem, isn't it? I feel like there's so little needed for this team to do so much better. A good CM and a just as good CB, and there would be a chance at the title. It's not like Arsenal doesn't have the money to bring that in.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Benny wrote: »
    It pains me to say this as a Chelsea fan. But United are going to be a hard team to beat this season. Jose has put together a very good squad. Having a strong striker up front like Lukaku is great. Having a brilliant holding midfielder in the form of Matic is just perfect. Why, oh why did we sell him? Makes zero sense. Credit to United for putting together a strong squad.
    Still, a long way to go. Only one game so far.
    Early days but I'd go;
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    I hope I'm wrong and Chelsea can again win the league. But I don't think we've quite got it.
    Again, Liverpool wont make the cut, and we'll be reminded by their fans how they were big in the 80's.

One round and you're already talking nonsense.
    Matic is a brilliant midfielder is he ? We'll find out how good he is at the end of the season.

I think Matic has already proven himself
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited August 2017 Posts: 6,791
    @TheWizardOfIce I figured, his disability to put things in perspective amuses me every single time though :D
    [/quote]

Matic is a brilliant midfielder is he ? We'll find out how good he is at the end of the season.

[/quote]

I think Matic has already proven himself[/quote]

If he's so brilliant and already proven himself, why did chelsea sell him to man u of all teams ?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

[/quote]

I think Matic has already proven himself[/quote]

If he's so brilliant and already proven himself, why did chelsea sell him to man u of all teams ?
    [/quote]

Because Chelsea are in turmoil and United took advantage
    Chelsea's board sold Matic,Conte didn't,and he is clearly fuming with it.
    There is no way Conte would have sold Matic,ESPECIALLY to a top rival like Man Utd.

Conte was a class act as a player and a man,and is class as a manager,he is being undermined.

And Matic never needs to prove himself,he is a top top player...one I wish Arsenal had.
    Glad I do not have the stress of these Premier League debacles! Lol!!! I will just happily accept 3 points tonight against QPR thank you! OTBC!!!
    There is no way Conte would have sold Matic,ESPECIALLY to a top rival like Man Utd.

Conte was a class act as a player and a man,and is class as a manager,he is being undermined.

And Matic never needs to prove himself,he is a top top player...one I wish Arsenal had.

Conte is not treating Diego Costa very well.
    He sent him a text message saying he is not required ? Classy?
    He sounds a bit like mourihno (the nut job)

They are saying it's conte's last year at chelsea.
    Why would Chelsea's board sell Matic to man u. Are they stupid ?

These are all questions that only Chelsea can answer.
    re the text,apparantly Costa agreed to go back in January and has now reneged on that.

That is if Conte has even sent a text...who knows with Chelsea at the moment...makes me relieved to be an Arsenal fan for once !!

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Chelsea have the greatest fans in the world. Show a little respect.

Cracking goal from Asensio Real totally dominating Barca early on in Supercopa de Espana
  • RC7RC7
    Cracking goal from Asensio Real totally dominating Barca early on in Supercopa de Espana

Spanking them.
    RC7 wrote: »

Spanking them.

Real showing why they are the best team in Europe
    Benny wrote: »

Chelsea have the greatest fans in the world. Show a little respect.

Hey Benny and the Jets . :) I'm talking about the Club and Manager not the fans.

I have to say Liverpool's fortunes have changed since coutinho asked for a transfer. Lallana and Poor sturridge got injured. I feel sorry for sturridge ,such a talent.

Then Klopp keeps playing lovren (can't defend for peanuts) and mignolet who's the worst keeper in the Epl.

Most Liverpool fans and pundits seem to agree with that.

Spanking them.

No Neymar and Luis enrique ,no Barca. :)

Spanking them.

No Neymar and Luis enrique ,no Barca. :)

Barca formation with three at the back caused them problems last night, Valverde needs time to set his stall out.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 6,791
    The best fans in the world are the fans of your favourite team(s).

Not a single person on the planet would say the fans of a rivalling team are the best in the world.

Therefore such lists don't really say much.
    Cracking win last night against QPR. Brilliant strike from Wood for the second goal. Roll on the next game, although its a concern seeing as it will be our 3rd game in 6 days! Then we play again in the cup on Tuesday next week!
    Congrats to the Rosenborg fans! I hope you guys make it into the groups, as you know I have a soft spot for RBK since I am a kid from the 90's ;).
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,302
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!
    Rosenborg has just beat Ajax 0-1 at the Amsterdam Arena. Wow! The home game next week will be really, really important.
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!
    Rosenborg has just beat Ajax 0-1 at the Amsterdam Arena. Wow! The home game next week will be really, really important.

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!

Well done, Adegbenro! They only signed him two days ago!
    The next 90+ minutes is going to be an exam in defensive work and counter attacks, and top performances is crucial. Need a shower to cool down, now!
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!

The next 90+ minutes is going to be an exam in defensive work and counter attacks, and top performances is crucial. Need a shower to cool down, now!

Hahaha the magic of football !
    I'm genuinely pleased for you .
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!

It really is magic! Imagine what could happen if Wenger decided to spend some money too...
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!

It really is magic! Imagine what could happen if Wenger decided to spend some money too...

That's not magic...............................that's a miracle.
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!

That's not magic...............................that's a miracle.

HAHA, so true! Here's hoping! Still some days left before the transfer window closes. Gabriel Paulista is on the way to Valencia by the looks of it, which may give Chambers the spot in the team. Still, there is something missing in that midfield.