"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Was a decent start though admittedly Real looking far stronger now, United are up against it
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Jesus. They've spent how much and still the only option off the bench when it's going tits up is Fellaini?

I am enjoying this.
    Jesus. They've spent how much and still the only option off the bench when it's going tits up is Fellaini?

I am enjoying this.

I'm not watching it but,please,Wiz,keep on with the happy news !

barryt007 wrote: »

I am enjoying this.

I'm not watching it but,please,Wiz,keep on with the happy news !

Tragically and ridiculously undeservedly the spawny scum have just got one back. Should've been buried long ago.

Still I wouldn't say no to them having to slog through 30 mins ET in this heat.
  • RC7RC7
    Respectable second half against a much better side after a dismal first. Both teams should've buried a few more chances.
    Glad my boys have won tonight however I am not really fussed about the cup competitions.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Best team won reality check for United, Real are the top team in Europe. United will get better though Jose needs to find his best formation.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,329
    I hate modern football. Sleeve sponsorships now. 5 million a year to ruin a kit "designed to celebrate the clubs 125 year anniversary" there words not ours.
    Its going to be absolutely thrilling when we've finished 8th only to be told by blinkered morons that weve now got "350 million for our transfer kitty" .
    Its ok though, weve got a nice new flagship club store outside the main stand.

I'm really not sure what is more laughable here - Klopp actually coming out with such utter bullshit or idiots like @001 who will actually believe it (when he takes a break from petitioning FIFA to introduce genius ideas like pens after every match, bigger goals and make it worth 2 goals if you score from 30 yards or further). I've sent my entry in and expect Jurgen to send me my prize by return of post, suggest you all do the same before they run out.
    these are some pathetic ass posts.

I agree.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,293
    I'm working on finding the last few players for my Fantasy Premier League team (which is why I've been less active here the last few days!), and have a few questions. What are your thoughts about:

1. Gabbiadini vs. Chicharito - Southampton has some OK fixtures at the start of the season, and how good are West Ham looking?
    2. What are your thoughts about this years Newcastle team, and players like a Matt Ritchie, Jonjo Shelvey or Dwight Gayle?
    Jurgen Klopp insists Liverpool are under no pressure to sell Philippe Coutinho and considers the midfielder priceless to the club.

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool rejected a second bid from Barcelona for the Brazil international on Wednesday, with the Spanish club's latest offer worth up to £90.4m.
    001 wrote: »
    Jurgen Klopp insists Liverpool are under no pressure to sell Philippe Coutinho and considers the midfielder priceless to the club.

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool rejected a second bid from Barcelona for the Brazil international on Wednesday, with the Spanish club's latest offer worth up to £90.4m.

Mate for what its worth. I think all who are arsed about that, will be up-to-date. Don't know how you're not insanely bored by it all now, coutinho and the whole transfer window. I know sky and the media like to go on and on ad nauseam about the same shitty (mostly completely fabricated) 'stories' but i for one can't stand it.
    001 wrote: »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10983425/philippe-coutinho-hands-in-liverpool-transfer-request-after-barcelona-bids

5-0 thrashing of Hoffenheim you predicted looking ever more likely by the day.
    South Americans love Barca can't blame Coutinho if it's true, it's going to hurt Liverpool best to let him go and get players in quick.
    "South Americans"? Most players, regardless of nationality, will choose Real Madrid or Barcelona over any English club. That is the reality. If you haven't noticed it is time for a wake up call...

Essential in this particular case is if Coutinho wants a transfer so badly that he will pressure the club to sell hun. I think most likely not.
    On the eve of our first prem game. Shithouse.
    jobo wrote: »
    "South Americans"? Most players, regardless of nationality, will choose Real Madrid or Barcelona over any English club. That is the reality. If you haven't noticed it is time for a wake up call...

Essential in this particular case is if Coutinho wants a transfer so badly that he will pressure the club to sell hun. I think most likely not.

Wake up call what's that supposed to mean?
    When players leave a big team for another one always makes me chuckle as the fans are fuming with the club for selling said player.

I understand it well following my own humble team who over the years have lost numerous players to the big teams of the Premier League. Sadly like it or not it's the unrealistic world of money in football.

So as much as I disagree with it, I cannot have sympathy with the big teams losing a valuable player as they do it to the smaller teams all the time.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,378
    The waiting is almost over the premier league is back and it's live... Think this will be a good game Arsenal to nick it

Edited: Lacazette in second minute great header

Edited: 1 - 1 4th minute goal fest on the cards

Edited: 2 - 1 Leicester

Half time 2 - 2 crazy first half
    The waiting is almost over the premier league is back and it's live... Think this will be a good game Arsenal to nick it

Same shit....different season.

Not sure why teams are persistent with 3 at the back United included, you need the right players to make it work.

Not sure why teams are persistent with 3 at the back United included, you need the right players to make it work.

Considering Kolasinac and Monreal are full backs it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on young Holding as the only true centre back ..and its not working atm.

Considering Kolasinac and Monreal are full backs it puts a hell of a lot of pressure on young Holding as the only true centre back ..and its not working atm.

Not sure who is injured for your team though Arsenal don't seem to have much depth? Has Wiltshire been moved on permanently?

Although to be fair,both new signings have been our best players.

Lacazette will score goals good player

Lacazette will score goals good player

For sure...but a good signing like Van Dyk whould do no harm to our central defence alongside Kosienly or Holding ,and push Monreal as right back and Kolasinic as left back...much better system.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Oh this not another goal....FFS
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,378
    Jesus your back line is shocking mate wtf, Arsenal look weak with this formation.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Jesus your back line is shocking mate wtf

I think you are being kind matey..the worst thing about it is that Wenger must see that if we can and SKY can ,and yet he hasn't changed anything ....if we get out of this with a win I will be amazed.

EDIT : actually a drawer I will be amazed.
    Jesus your back line is shocking mate wtf

I think you are being kind matey..the worst thing about it is that Wenger must see that if we can and SKY can ,and yet he hasn't changed anything ....if we get out of this with a win I will be amazed.

EDIT : actually a drawer I will be amazed.

I had Arsenal as Dark Horses though they need to go back to a back four otherwise they will ship goals, I am always reasonable mate ;)