"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    001 wrote: »
    If Sturridge and Coutinho play like they did in the pre season games.

But now Coutinho wants out.

I told you how good Salah is and you called him a Chelsea reject.

I told you about Ward being our New Goalie but Klopper picks Mig the Mug.

5-0, 5-1, 5-2 Seriously Charmless One, who gives a shit as long as we qualify. :)

I stand corrected. Sturridge staying fit along with Ward and Salah clearly the difference between mediocrity and the treble.

I would take qualification on pens at this juncture.
    This afternoon of football has been crazy! Also, Lord Bendtner had a good day when Rosenborg turned a very bad away game against Molde to a win :D:
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Think United will scrape a 2 - 1 home win against West Ham today, and I think Newcastle may struggle at home against Spurs.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,575

5-0, 5-1, 5-2 Seriously Charmless One, who gives a shit as long as we qualify. :)

I stand corrected. Sturridge staying fit along with Ward and Salah clearly the difference between mediocrity and the treble.

Here's a photo for your monitor's background.

skysports-premier-league-football-watford-miguel-britos-simon-mignolet_4071877.jpg?20170812143953

Then after admiring the photo go see your doctor to get your blood pressure checked and further medication as needed. :)

• RC7RC7

skysports-premier-league-football-watford-miguel-britos-simon-mignolet_4071877.jpg?20170812143953

Then after admiring the photo go see your doctor to get your blood pressure checked and further medication as needed. :)

You're the reason Liverpool fans have a reputation. Deluded.

Be nice if Jurgen had that blown up to poster size and stuck on the wall in his office as it pretty much hits the nail on the head: A clueless defender standing there helpless and a clown of a keeper flailing around like a seagull after it's been washed up on the beach by an oil slick as a guy nods home to steal 2 points in the last minute.

But no we get his usual jolly banter and a sub Wenger excuse of 'we were unlucky' in the post match interview.

Serious managers like Jose have outlandish concepts such as 'game management' and 'defending' to stop this sort of thing happening. Jurgen just has running yourself into the ground some more until you vomit up your coccyx.

As Rog himself might have said 'It used to be a convincing act Jurgen. It's wearing a little thin now.'
    My boys kick off in less than an hour! Come on lads! Lets get our first win of the season please!!! Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    My boys kick off in less than an hour! Come on lads! Lets get our first win of the season please!!! Lol!

Good luck to your boys. GO LADS...........
    I hope they have a great season.
    They were very very unlucky last season.
    Great club.

BTW, What team do you follow again ? :)

RogueAgent wrote: »

Good luck to your boys. GO LADS...........
    I hope they have a great season.
    They were very very unlucky last season.
    Great club.

BTW, What team do you follow again ? :)

Lol! Last time I checked we were losing! Lol!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,378
    Very attacking line up from United, need to go for it Old Trafford if we have the home form we had last season forget it for the league.

DsQWxp6W.jpg

The Russian World Cup ambassador is currently on mutv

victoria_lopyreva_54.jpg

The face of Russian football
    Very attacking line up from United, need to go for it Old Trafford if we have the home form we had last season forget it for the league.

DsQWxp6W.jpg

victoria_lopyreva_54.jpg

She looks like a true scholar of the game to me.

I bet she has been impressing the Old Trafford faithful with her knowledge of Mickey Thomas and Brian 'Choccy' McClair.

DsQWxp6W.jpg

victoria_lopyreva_54.jpg

She looks like a true scholar of the game to me.

I bet she has been impressing the Old Trafford faithful with her knowledge of Mickey Thomas and Brian 'Choccy' McClair.

She had some insightful comments on the game, the usual Miss World spiel
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,378
    Get in Lukaku... Just when I was thinking this was a bit lacklustre United 1 - 0 West Ham just past 30 minute mark

maxresdefault.jpg
    Pogba gets fourth...

United 4 up been a good start to build on.

Game over Matic what a signing he is going to be.
  • RC7RC7
    Job done.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Efficient from the Mancs today, it pains me to say being s Liverpool supporter. Have to say though that West Ham looked bloody poor. If that's how they play (with the exception of Hernandez), no heart, passion etc. then it'll be a long hard season and I would have Bilic as favourite for first Premier manager to be given the boot.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Efficient from the Mancs today, it pains me to say being s Liverpool supporter. Have to say though that West Ham looked bloody poor. If that's how they play (with the exception of Hernandez), no heart, passion etc. then it'll be a long hard season and I would have Bilic as favourite for first Premier manager to be given the boot.

West ham managed a 3-3 draw preseason against Altona 93, a 5th Division German team of part timers. So it doesn't bode well for their season...

It'll be interesting to see if Man U are as good as all the sycophants are claiming today when they play a team with some fight. Or whether The Hammers were that shit it made the Mancs look like a 70's Brazil......
    Well? I celebrate my 9000th post on the footie thread along with our first defeat of the season for my beloved Norwich boys! oooh the irony! Never mind lads, roll on the next 44 League games! Lol!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited August 2017 Posts: 6,790
    Being half Roman I was delighted with Lazio's display against Juventus to take home the first trophy since 2013. Forza ragazzi!
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Being half Roman I was delighted with Lazio's display against Juventus to take home the first trophy since 2013. Forza ragazzi!

I am happy for you, although I normally find it hard to sympathize with a club so closely linked with facism...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It pains me to say this as a Chelsea fan. But United are going to be a hard team to beat this season. Jose has put together a very good squad. Having a strong striker up front like Lukaku is great. Having a brilliant holding midfielder in the form of Matic is just perfect. Why, oh why did we sell him? Makes zero sense. Credit to United for putting together a strong squad.
    Still, a long way to go. Only one game so far.
    Early days but I'd go;
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    I hope I'm wrong and Chelsea can again win the league. But I don't think we've quite got it.
    Again, Liverpool wont make the cut, and we'll be reminded by their fans how they were big in the 80's.
    City still has the best and most balanced squad. I'd pick them as favorites.
    Benny wrote: »
    It pains me to say this as a Chelsea fan. But United are going to be a hard team to beat this season. Jose has put together a very good squad. Having a strong striker up front like Lukaku is great. Having a brilliant holding midfielder in the form of Matic is just perfect. Why, oh why did we sell him? Makes zero sense. Credit to United for putting together a strong squad.
    Still, a long way to go. Only one game so far.
    Early days but I'd go;
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    I hope I'm wrong and Chelsea can again win the league. But I don't think we've quite got it.
    Again, Liverpool wont make the cut, and we'll be reminded by their fans how they were big in the 80's.

One round and you're already talking nonsense.
    Matic is a brilliant midfielder is he ? We'll find out how good he is at the end of the season.

Why the hate for Liverpool supporter's ? Show a bit of Respect.
    We have the best supporter's in the World.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited August 2017 Posts: 6,790
    jobo wrote: »

I am happy for you, although I normally find it hard to sympathize with a club so closely linked with facism...

I know it has that reputation but unfortunately every Italian football team has a minority of fans that are politically linked with either fascism or communism. Either case isn't doing anyone any favours.

Nevertheless, I have lived in Rome and the amount of fans that sympathize with fascism is very very small. Unfortunately they are the ones who draw a lot of attention.

Still, I would like to remind people of the fact that AS Roma was founded by the fascist regime and Lazio refused to join. Lazio is the original Roman football team, founded in 1900 long before the so-called March on Rome.

There are also many groups of Lazio fans who want to change that image of a 'fascist team'. If you understand Italian I would advise you to give this a read: http://www.iogiocopulito.it/laziale-e-antifascista-il-gruppo-di-tifosi-che-combatte-lo-stereotipo/.

Besides, English teams had to cope with the stereotype of hooliganism for a long time even though these violent fans made up a minority. It was a stereotype which a vast majority of fans didn't deserve. Same story here.
  • RC7RC7

Yeah, @Benny, haven't you heard? It's their year mate.
    Oh dear.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »

I've been hearing that schtick for over 25 years. Keep dreaming.
    I feel a supporter discussion coming up...
    jobo wrote: »

It's going to be a close season i think,which is Great.

I hope it's OUR year but it's too soon to say, Einstein. :)

alberteinste.jpg
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117

This guy is priceless.

He's already been proven wrong over his 5-0 delusion v Hoffenheim and his lack of basic football knowledge is laughable.

If we're talking about respect how about you send some Matic's way @001 . He's got more league medals in three years than Liverpool have in 27. Maybe if our comatose board had nipped in to get him instead of pretending to chase Keita and Van Dyke for double the money we might look in slightly better shape now?

On sunday he looked like the glue to hold midfield together that, along with them having the best manager and probably best keeper in the league, see Utd installed as favourites in my eyes.

Yeah going to be quite a close tussle between the Manchester clubs for the title and us and Everton for 6th.

Not really. Can tell you already that the most we might win is the ludicrous Carabao Cup. Going to be nowhere near the big trophies. If you want to lay £50 on it I'm happy to accommodate you.

To everyone else on here @001 doesnt represent real Liverpool fans. Everyone I know lives in the real world and has nothing much but pessimism for the season after the dismal business we have done in the window. 4th and CL last 16 will be a fantastic season. Anything more and Jurgen has worked miracles.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,575

This guy is priceless.

He's already been proven wrong over his 5-0 delusion v Hoffenheim and his lack of basic football knowledge is laughable.

If we're talking about respect how about you send some Matic's way @001 . He's got more league medals in three years than Liverpool have in 27. Maybe if our comatose board had nipped in to get him instead of pretending to chase Keita and Van Dyke for double the money we might look in slightly better shape now?

On sunday he looked like the glue to hold midfield together that, along with them having the best manager and probably best keeper in the league, see Utd installed as favourites in my eyes.

Yeah going to be quite a close tussle between the Manchester clubs for the title and us and Everton for 6th.

Not really. Can tell you already that the most we might win is the ludicrous Carabao Cup. Going to be nowhere near the big trophies. If you want to lay £50 on it I'm happy to accommodate you.

To everyone else on here @001 doesnt represent real Liverpool fans. Everyone I know lives in the real world and has nothing much but pessimism for the season after the dismal business we have done in the window. 4th and CL last 16 will be a fantastic season. Anything more and Jurgen has worked miracles.

Ok you asked for this, Grasshopper.

Use this as your desktop wallpaper instead of the Mig.

rory_kinnear_epa.jpg