"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!
    Rosenborg has just beat Ajax 0-1 at the Amsterdam Arena. Wow! The home game next week will be really, really important.

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!

Well done, Adegbenro! They only signed him two days ago!
    The next 90+ minutes is going to be an exam in defensive work and counter attacks, and top performances is crucial. Need a shower to cool down, now!

Hahaha the magic of football !
    I'm genuinely pleased for you .

It really is magic! Imagine what could happen if Wenger decided to spend some money too...

That's not magic...............................that's a miracle.

HAHA, so true! Here's hoping! Still some days left before the transfer window closes. Gabriel Paulista is on the way to Valencia by the looks of it, which may give Chambers the spot in the team. Still, there is something missing in that midfield.

The only thing i'm clinging onto is that Arsenal always buy players very very late,sometimes last minute.

Got to hope it is the case this time...we have bought one good player,and another good player on a 'free' so the money is there.
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!
    Rosenborg has just beat Ajax 0-1 at the Amsterdam Arena. Wow! The home game next week will be really, really important.

I told you didn't I ??

Well done pal !!

Well done, Adegbenro! They only signed him two days ago!
    The next 90+ minutes is going to be an exam in defensive work and counter attacks, and top performances is crucial. Need a shower to cool down, now!

Hahaha the magic of football !
    I'm genuinely pleased for you .

It really is magic! Imagine what could happen if Wenger decided to spend some money too...

That's not magic...............................that's a miracle.

HAHA, so true! Here's hoping! Still some days left before the transfer window closes. Gabriel Paulista is on the way to Valencia by the looks of it, which may give Chambers the spot in the team. Still, there is something missing in that midfield.

The only thing i'm clinging onto is that Arsenal always buy players very very late,sometimes last minute.

Got to hope it is the case this time...we have bought one good player,and another good player on a 'free' so the money is there.

I really hope they are working on something. The rest of the transfer window will be something to follow, as there has been (in general) some really surprising transfers so far.
    I. CAN'T.BELIEVE.IT!

I am on holiday in Asia, and just woke up to this news. Incredible! And what a debut!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    The biggest upset of the evening I'm sure. Though Fenerbahce's loss at Vardar Skopje is also a contender.
    @jobo A good game by everyone involved too, from Hansen to Bendtner. Hope they can control the game in similar fashion next week. Have a good holiday!
    Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News understands the latest offer was worth an initial £113m and the fee could have risen to £118m based on the Brazil international's potential appearances at the Nou Camp

Poor Barca. :)
    Just a matter of time,Liverpool can wait and Barca are panic buying now.
  • RC7RC7

As much as Barca have slipped they've still got firepower, resources and plenty of payers who'd join in a heartbeat. Liverpool need the cash to bankroll a few necessary transfers. The longer they leave it the more likely they'll be sat with a wad they can't spend. Not accepting £113m is just silly Imo. He's good. He ain't £113m good.

The Liverpool team was built around Coutinho and he pledged his future to Liverpool in January by signing a new five-and-a-half-year contract, with the deal including no release clause.

Liverpool don't need the money now, they need more players and have the money.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Barca will be back. Their desperation is tragic. I don't know why they don't just call our bluff and say bugger it then and go for someone else.

FSG playing a brilliant Levy style game - they're going to end up screwing £150m plus out of Barca at this rate at 23.59 as the window shuts so we'll have a huge wad of cash and be unable to spend it. Excellent work guys.
    Barca can have DJ Lovren and Mignolet if they want.

• edited August 2017 Posts: 7,500
    The Barca board is desperate because they are under severe political pressure. Their policy, ethics and business on the transfer market har been a travesty for many years. It is this failed policy that has teared down the brilliant foundations that were and has put the club in the position they are now. The fans and club members distrust has grown to a new hight, and soon Augustin Benedito, one of the club members will arrange a 'vote of no confidence' against the current president. The board is desperetaly fighting for their lives. Personaly I couldn't believe they were reelected in 2015. It was a scandal (the former front runner is in jail for christ's sake!) spurred on by a treble won by Messi, and which fooled the club members into believing everything was 'going well'. We are feeling the repercutions of that decision now, and more and more members are realizing it. The signing of Paulinho was the last straw for many...

It is incredible that a club with such tremendous resources both on and of the field, and the best youth academy in the world, has willingly allowed itself to be run by such an incompetent gang of foolish crinimals!
    jobo wrote: »
    The Barca board is desperate because they are under severe political pressure. Their policy, ethics and business on the transfer market har been a travesty for many years. It is this failed policy that has teared down the brilliant foundations that were and has put the club in the position they are now. The fans and club members distrust has grown to a new hight, and soon Augustin Benedito, one of the club members will arrange a 'vote of no confidence' against the current president. The board is desperetaly fighting for their lives. Personaly I couldn't believe they were reelected in 2015. It was a scandal spurred on by a treble won by Messi, and which fooled the club members into believing everything was 'going well'. Er are feeling the repercutions of that decision now, and more and more members are realizing it. The signing of Paulinho was the last straw for many...

It is incredible that a club with such tremendous resources both on and of the field, and the best youth academy in the world has willingly allowed itself to be run by such incompetent fools!

Suarez is injured as well.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 7,500
    001 wrote: »
    The Barca board is desperate because they are under severe political pressure. Their policy, ethics and business on the transfer market har been a travesty for many years. It is this failed policy that has teared down the brilliant foundations that were and has put the club in the position they are now. The fans and club members distrust has grown to a new hight, and soon Augustin Benedito, one of the club members will arrange a 'vote of no confidence' against the current president. The board is desperetaly fighting for their lives. Personaly I couldn't believe they were reelected in 2015. It was a scandal spurred on by a treble won by Messi, and which fooled the club members into believing everything was 'going well'. Er are feeling the repercutions of that decision now, and more and more members are realizing it. The signing of Paulinho was the last straw for many...

It is incredible that a club with such tremendous resources both on and of the field, and the best youth academy in the world has willingly allowed itself to be run by such incompetent fools!

001 wrote: »

That is the least of the clubs problems right now. He has been shit for several months anyway...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    1291024095_comic_1130.jpg
    The Barca board is desperate because they are under severe political pressure. Their policy, ethics and business on the transfer market har been a travesty for many years. It is this failed policy that has teared down the brilliant foundations that were and has put the club in the position they are now. The fans and club members distrust has grown to a new hight, and soon Augustin Benedito, one of the club members will arrange a 'vote of no confidence' against the current president. The board is desperetaly fighting for their lives. Personaly I couldn't believe they were reelected in 2015. It was a scandal (the former front runner is in jail for christ's sake!) spurred on by a treble won by Messi, and which fooled the club members into believing everything was 'going well'. We are feeling the repercutions of that decision now, and more and more members are realizing it. The signing of Paulinho was the last straw for many...

It is incredible that a club with such tremendous resources both on and of the field, and the best youth academy in the world, has willingly allowed itself to be run by such an incompetent gang of foolish crinimals!

'More than a club'?

Nope you're just the same as the rest of us. Welcome to our world - we ruled Europe too once and now we're utter shite. Can happen to the best of us.

'More than a club'?

Nope you're just the same as the rest of us. Welcome to our world - we ruled Europe too once and now we're utter shite. Can happen to the best of us.

The "Més que hm club" phrase is misinterpreted by many (including Barca-fans). The point isn't that the club is supposed to be more valuable than other teams, or have higher ethics, as many claim it to be. The point is that the Club through out the Franco regime became the main symbol of Catalan identity. People were not allowed to speek their language or wave the catalan flag. However they could wave and wear the club colors, and FCBarcelona became the main expression of catalan identity. Therefor it had a far greater significans to Katalunya than simply being a football club, and it still has today.

Only later was it reinterpreted to mean that Barcelona have a 'moral high ground' compared to other teams, which is quite silly as it is impossible to live up to such a slogan.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,327
    Swansea been a tough nut to crack, United 1 - 0 to the good just before half time.

Pogba really has to be careful in the second half, if I were Jose I may take him off.

Edited: 2 - 0 Lukaku get in

Edited: 3 - 0 Pogba... Well earned by United

Edited: 4 - 0 Martial ruthless finish by United
    Man Utd certainly laying down their intentions for the season!
    5 points and 8 goals adrift already.

Not sure how FSG thinks a team with Moreno, Minger and Lovren in its back four has the slightest sniff of pulling that back against a Mourinho team that has spunked 200m on players.

Oh well maybe next season will be better?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Man Utd certainly laying down their intentions for the season!

It's early days though what's encouraging is we are finishing teams off, too many times we sweated on one goal advantages in recent seasons and often thrown games away.
    Thanks for nothing, Andre Marriner. Arsenal's chances of keeping up with the top blown already in gameweek two by the looks of it.
  • RC7RC7
    Thanks for nothing, Andre Marriner. Arsenal's chances of keeping up with the top blown already in gameweek two by the looks of it.

It's early days. On the downside you won't find many PL fans who find the result surprising.
    RC7 wrote: »

It's early days. On the downside you won't find many PL fans who find the result surprising.

I think no one at all find the result surprising. Early days, yes – but Liverpool away is up next, and a good result there is very unlikely, unless Liverpool defends worse than the Watford game last weekend.
    Well that was a disaster for my boys yesterday at Villa. Although in fairness their third goal you cannot legislate for, and we were simply poor to put it politely first half. Fixture pile up is a joke though. Tuesday we play our 5th game in 13 days! What's that all about?
    Someone is going to get sacked re the firework display at Etihad Stadium.

It took about 15 minutes to finally clear the bloody smoke,no player could see anything at kickoff.
    Rooney get in
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,327
    Someone is going to get sacked re the firework display at Etihad Stadium.

It took about 15 minutes to finally clear the bloody smoke,no player could see anything at kickoff.

Noticed that started watching after five minutes

Edited: Kyle Walker sent off
    Rooney is in my fantasy team alongside Baines and Pickford,so atm I am banking a good few points thanks to the Toffies.
    Rooney is in my fantasy team alongside Baines and Pickford,so atm I am banking a good few points thanks to the Toffies.

City don't look at it, imploding though Everton defended well