"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Jesus your back line is shocking mate wtf

I think you are being kind matey..the worst thing about it is that Wenger must see that if we can and SKY can ,and yet he hasn't changed anything ....if we get out of this with a win I will be amazed.

EDIT : actually a drawer I will be amazed.

I had Arsenal as Dark Horses though they need to go back to a back four otherwise they will ship goals, I am always reasonable mate ;)

Exactly...and thanks for your honesty,we are shitting bricks here at the moment.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I think you are being kind matey..the worst thing about it is that Wenger must see that if we can and SKY can ,and yet he hasn't changed anything ....if we get out of this with a win I will be amazed.

I had Arsenal as Dark Horses though they need to go back to a back four otherwise they will ship goals, I am always reasonable mate ;)

Exactly...and thanks for your honesty,we are shitting bricks here at the moment.

I bet you nick it 4 - 3

I bet you nick it 4 - 3

bloody hell that's optimistic...we pray you are right !!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I bet you nick it 4 - 3

bloody hell that's optimistic...we pray you are right !!

I have had a few beers though Arsenal are creating chances.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,378
    :)) I should I have gone to the bookies

Edited: great opening game to the season madness
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to spending the rest of the evening watching DT and Troopz destroy Wenger.

Suffice it to say normal service at Arsenal. Not coming anywhere near the title with defending like that.
    Leiscster players will have Shakespeare removed within a few months for his decision making.
    Well that's one way to start a football season!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Was an eventful game, I think the Friday night game format was a vast improvement from last season though shame Rachel Riley has gone :(
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Was an eventful game, I think the Friday night game format was a vast improvement from last season though shame Rachel Riley has gone :(

Lol! I bet!
    Well Rachel is a United fan ;)
    I'm happy with three points tonight, but that defending... Still though, what a roller coaster of a game!
    I'm happy with three points tonight, but that defending... Still though, what a roller coaster of a game!

As a neutral was entertaining game being a United supporter I am glad we have a half decent defence ;)

As a neutral was entertaining game being a United supporter I am glad we have a half decent defence ;)

Will be glad to have Mustafi and Koscielny ready again, so we at least have some more options. Have to envy some of the defensive options of the other to six teams - especially after a game like this. Kolašinac looked sharp though.

Will be glad to have Mustafi and Koscielny ready again, so we at least have some more options. Have to envy some of the defensive options of the other to six teams - especially after a game like this. Kolašinac looked sharp though.

If Wenger dismisses Europa league I think they have a outside chance at the title, though they need to revert back to a back four players permitting.
    Liverpool to win 5-0 tonight. :)
  • RC7RC7
    001 wrote: »
    Liverpool to win 5-0 tonight. :)

You're the early kick off.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 17,294

If Wenger dismisses Europa league I think they have a outside chance at the title, though they need to revert back to a back four players permitting.

Yes, they need to change the formation depending who's playing, not just go for the three at the back option because it worked in the later half of last season. I hope they don't bother too much with EL -at least in the early games. Hopefully they can avoid injuries with some heavy rotation.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    BUY. SOME. DEFENDERS.

I take it all back @001. The Hoffenheim game will be 5-0. Just not the way you were thinking.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117
    PS - AND. A. KEEPER. BECAUSE. STEPHEN. HAWKING. WOULD. BE. BETTER. THAN. MINGER.

No doubt cretin Jurgen will come out grinning like a village idiot to Geoff Shreeves that we were unlucky. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. You keep putting out a team with Minger in goal and clowns like Moreno in defence and you'll win fuck all. As we will this season.

Nothing changed from last season except all the other teams (bar Spurs) have strengthened and we are on the verge of selling our best player. Nice one FSG.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    If that result doesn't see Liverpool go out and buy one, even 2, top class defenders then Liverpool will get nowhere this season. I am a Liverpool supporter of 40 odd years and can see when things aren't right. It's ok buying these to class forwards, Salah looks very good, but without a solid defence it's not going together any better.

Origi - did he touch the ball when he came on? Don't think so. He looks like the player that was voted most overrated when he went on loan to France a few years back. Solanke was there, young, keen, world cup winner, scoring goals in preseason, put him on the bloody pitch. Why buy him?

Left back - Moreno started, oh my lord. Don't need to say anything else. Robertson, left back, 10 million, not even in the squad.

Goalkeeper spot, problems last year with both Mignolet and Karius. Danny Ward, cracking season with Huddersfield, not allowed on loan because wanted him at LFC, nowhere to be seen. Give him a bloody chance.

I will support Liverpool through thick and thin but I will always be honest. With Champions League qualifying coming up, hopefully a season of it too, it could be one hell of a slight, unless things are changed.
    Entertaining game raining goals literally
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Entertaining game raining goals literally

Not literally
    Well it was pouring where I am
    Entertaining games are usually the result of bad defending
    If that result doesn't see Liverpool go out and buy one, even 2, top class defenders then Liverpool will get nowhere this season. I am a Liverpool supporter of 40 odd years and can see when things aren't right. It's ok buying these to class forwards, Salah looks very good, but without a solid defence it's not going together any better.

Origi - did he touch the ball when he came on? Don't think so. He looks like the player that was voted most overrated when he went on loan to France a few years back. Solanke was there, young, keen, world cup winner, scoring goals in preseason, put him on the bloody pitch. Why buy him?

Left back - Moreno started, oh my lord. Don't need to say anything else. Robertson, left back, 10 million, not even in the squad.

Goalkeeper spot, problems last year with both Mignolet and Karius. Danny Ward, cracking season with Huddersfield, not allowed on loan because wanted him at LFC, nowhere to be seen. Give him a bloody chance.

I will support Liverpool through thick and thin but I will always be honest. With Champions League qualifying coming up, hopefully a season of it too, it could be one hell of a slight, unless things are changed.

You are so right about Ward, Solanke,Robertson,Origi.
    Mignolet is the worst keeper in the EPL. I said this last year. What is lovren still playing for us ?
    Salah looks as good as coutinho after just 1 game. A goal and Penalty.
    Took off Salah and A Arnold and cost us.
    Put on Gomez who hasn't played for 2 years.
    Offside goal ? Yes

jobo wrote: »
    Entertaining games are usually the result of bad defending

Bang on the money.

It's the 25th anniversary of the premier league and there have been quite a few articles about 'what was the best game?'

Invariably people say the 4-3 between Liverpool and Newcastle. And I'd have to agree. But did either of those teams win the title that year?

Mignolet is the worst keeper in the EPL. I said this last year. What is lovren still playing for us ?
    Offside goal ? Yes

A St Paul on the road to Damascus moment of revelation finally! Been telling you this for weeks mate.

Still putting your mortgage on 5-0 v Hoffenheim?

Offside goal ? Yes

Yep, all correct. Offside goal it was but, either way, poor defending. Gini should have put his head through it. Footballers, not all, are soft nowadays.

Klopp's interview afterwards almost suggest that not all is sunny behind the scenes with the Americans. While it's not the same extent as Gillette and Hicks, it seems they are doing their utmost to not spend so much. Why?? I don't know but to make money, they need to spend, hopefully bring success and then make even more.

Thankfully, the first half of the 3 o'clocks is making me feel slightly better.

[/quote]

A St Paul on the road to Damascus moment of revelation finally! Been telling you this for weeks mate.

Still putting your mortgage on 5-0 v Hoffenheim?

[/quote]

If Sturridge and Coutinho play like they did in the pre season games.

But now Coutinho wants out.

I told you how good Salah is and you called him a Chelsea reject.

I told you about Ward being our New Goalie but Klopper picks Mig the Mug.

5-0, 5-1, 5-2 Seriously Charmless One, who gives a shit as long as we qualify. :)
    Well, that Chelsea result has made me feel better. Super result for Burnley. And Huddersfield, top of the league, what a wonderful start for them away at Palace.