"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    I would like to see Hull stay up..they are fighting tooth and nail to stay in the PL ...

That manager has done a staggering job. I was one of the ones slating him when he came saying 'Who does this bloke think he is just walking into our league' but I have to say he really ought to be manager of the season if he keeps them up.

Absolutely Wiz,he is so calm in all ways, and has just relaxed the Hull team and installed some major self belief !!
    Hull deserve to stay up,they get my vote for the last place,along with Palace...time for Swansea to go.

Would love to see West Ham go but Spurs' gutless was is putting paid to that so of the realistic options then Swansea over Hull for me - although Clement has done a decentish job and it would be good to see a young English manager have some success but the job Silva has done is too good to deny him staying up.

Hey up Jansen's on!! It's not over yet!!

Jansen's on and its NOT over ????

Notice the scum are getting angry again as per with Chelsea last year when they blew it..

• edited May 2017 Posts: 17,294
    I would like to see Hull stay up..they are fighting tooth and nail to stay in the PL ...

That manager has done a staggering job. I was one of the ones slating him when he came saying 'Who does this bloke think he is just walking into our league' but I have to say he really ought to be manager of the season if he keeps them up.

Absolutely Wiz,he is so calm in all ways, and has just relaxed the Hull team and installed some major self belief !!
    Hull deserve to stay up,they get my vote for the last place,along with Palace...time for Swansea to go.

Would love to see West Ham go but Spurs' gutless was is putting paid to that so of the realistic options then Swansea over Hull for me - although Clement has done a decentish job and it would be good to see a young English manager have some success but the job Silva has done is too good to deny him staying up.

Hey up Jansen's on!! It's not over yet!!

Jansen's on and its NOT over ????

Notice the scum are getting angry again as per with Chelsea last year when they blew it..

How many PL goals is Jansen at now?
    er.....1....i think ?....his ears are bigger than his goals scored hahaha !
    er.....1....i think ?....his ears are bigger than his goals scored hahaha !

That's brutal. Not even a penalty or two?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Bloke scores with less frequency than Halley's Comet coming round. The poor man's Franny Jeffers.

If he digs this out, in the words of the great Les Dennis, I will give you the money myself.
    Bloke scores with less frequency than Halley's Comet coming round. The poor man's Franny Jeffers.

If he digs this out, in the words of the great Les Dennis, I will give you the money myself.

Hahaha so true..i actually met Jeffers in a sandwich shop..arrogant little fucker...
    Oh, that felt so good! Trevor Morley, who now works as a pundit for TV2 here in Norway, will be a happy man tonight.

Which team have the easiest fixtures left? Chelsea or Sp*rs?
    Shots of Daniel Levy stood there looking sheepish. Perhaps if you spent some money so they didn't only have hapless Jansem to bring off the bench when you're in the shit you might at least take it to the final game of the season?

They deserve everything they get...
  • RC7RC7

2nd place.
    RC7 wrote: »

2nd place.

Yep.....................................................bugger...mind you ,with our £200 million investment and gutting out all the cowards in the squad (everyone except Cech,Bellerin,Ox,Walcott,Sanchez,Welbeck,Ramsey) it should be a good season.
    RC7 wrote: »

2nd place.

Yep.....................................................bugger...mind you ,with our £200 million investment and gutting out all the cowards in the squad (everyone except Cech,Bellerin,Ox,Walcott,Sanchez,Welbeck,Ramsey) it should be a good season.

I'd ad Holding on that list. If there is ONE positive thing from this season, it's him.
    Aaah yes...Holding...agreed !!..and maybe Koscienly for one season.
    Aaah yes...Holding...agreed !!..and maybe Koscienly for one season.

Yeah, would be much more happy with the back four with him than without him. Do wonder if there's any truth in the Sead Kolašinac rumours. Don't know much about the guy, but there's been talks about him for quite some time now.
    Hopefully not..we need good youngsters like Rob Holding...we need to rebuild...mix of youth and experience and i know Arsene wants Englishmen.
    Hopefully not..we need good youngsters like Rob Holding...we need to rebuild...mix of youth and experience and i know Arsene wants Englishmen.

That would been ideal. Bring on a few former players in some coaching and sporting director roles, and I would at least have some hope of progress.

That would been ideal. Bring on a few former players in some coaching and sporting director roles, and I would at least have some hope of progress.

Former players are the key ...Seaman for goalkeeper coaching...Wrighty,Parlour....Peres youth training.....Henry as manager ,with Adams !

Former players are the key ...Seaman for goalkeeper coaching...Wrighty,Parlour....Peres youth training.....Henry as manager ,with Adams !

Bould for defence!

Bould for defence!

Bould was a brilliant defender,but he has been very weak under Wenger,which concerns me...Winterburn,Dixon and/or Keown would be better for me.

Bould for defence!

Bould was a brilliant defender,but he has been very weak under Wenger,which concerns me...Winterburn,Dixon and/or Keown would be better for me.

Don't know if it's true, but wasn't there some disagreement between Keown and Wenger when Keown worked as a defensive coach at Arsenal?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thank you West Ham :D
    With this loss, Chelsea can actually win the title before Spurs play again.
    Wins at Boro and West Brom will do. :)
    Exciting games this afternoon! All about the points, and Swansea looks to have the upper hand over Hull right now.
    Liverpool 0 - 0 Southampton Top four is still on for United and Arsenal.
    Well that was dismal.

Relying on Wenger now. And that's a position you really don't want to be in.
    This years top four challenge is really something! Very important game to follow soon now, with both Arsenal and United with less number of games played, and all.
    Jose looks as happy as usual, come on United need to get at Chamberlain.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    People give Arsenal crap about where they finish, or their title hopes.
    I think Liverpool might want to rethink joining in. Pot, kettle, black.
    Benny wrote: »
    People give Arsenal crap about where they finish, or their title hopes.
    I think Liverpool might want to rethink joining in. Pot, kettle, black.

Not in the slightest. If Liverpool were in the CL every single season and had the money Arsenal are hoarding then it would be a disgrace if we weren't challenging and only saw the business end of the CL on telly.

Arsenal one of Europe's richest clubs but on the pitch they're not even close. Love how there's so many Arse fans happy to trot out the old 'we're better than Liverpool' defence as a justification. Is that really the level you're aiming at?

Arsenal are an irrelevance to me. It's Real, Barca and Bayern we want to be on a par with. No wonder you're stagnating if your ambition stops at being ahead of a couple of once big clubs in England (although obviously not finishing top - that would be excessive) and Spurs.
  • Couldn't give a monkeys about any of that gilded top-flight stuff today.

My team survived in the football league yesterday thanks to a last minute goal. Drama is not the word. We were 15 points behind Hartlepool not so long ago, and managed to overhaul them when all thought we were goners.

The atmosphere was magical, the intensity painful, the emotions all over the place, but we did it. Well done Newport County. Sympathies to Jeff Stelling and Hartlepool.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    $#1¥

Edited: Oh well all Uniteds eggs are in one basket now, United deserved nothing today bring on Celta...