"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

They have been poor for quite some time after their impressive autumn season. Hence why they have dropped to 11th in the league. Fattige is showing in their tight squad. Some have complained about United's strength in depth on here, but it is miles better then Celta's.
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »
    They have been poor for quite some time after their impressive autumn season. Hence why they have dropped to 11th in the league. Fattige is showing in their tight squad. Some have complained about United's strength in depth on here, but it is miles better then Celta's.

It is indeed.
    Yeah I complained about Uniteds strength and depth, it's not good enough to challenge for the Premier League and in Europe and evidence supports that.
  • RC7RC7
    Yeah I complained about Uniteds strength and depth, it's not good enough to challenge for the Premier League and in Europe and evidence supports that.

Disagree. If United's players are playing at an optimum level the squad is very good. Easy top 4. They're about 4 goals from being a solid 3rd place.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    RC7 wrote: »

Disagree. If United's players are playing at an optimum level the squad is very good. Easy top 4. They're about 4 goals from being a solid 3rd place.

Disagree Uniteds strikers are not good enough, Jose has a solid defence and midfield is good though light. United need a few ready made world class attacking players to challenge for top honours, Rashford and Martial are good though inconsistent.

No disrespect though United need to be top of the tree and nothing less.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    @RC7 Anderlecht put up a better find than Celta I would imagine? ;)
    Tonight "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"!
    Come on Hammers,beat the scum team we ALL hate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some important saves from Adrián now!
    Given the season they've had, I wouldn't be against The Hammers beating Sp*rs tonight. Missing some attacking alternatives, though.
    West Ham are up for this...come on boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 17,295
    barryt007 wrote: »

Certainly more than Arsenal last weekend, judging the first half so far....

100% more unfortunately...so embarrassing.

If they don't show up against an EL-focused United on Sunday, I don't know what to make out of that team, really.

If they don't show up against an EL-focused United on Sunday, I don't know what to make out of that team, really.

My thoughts exactly.....last chance saloon..shit or bust,my friend !
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Speak for yourself mate with your Arsenal tinted glasses on but I find West Ham an exceptionally grubby little club. Would love to see Spurs give them a thrashing to get them sucked into the relegation battle.

Speak for yourself mate with your Arsenal tinted glasses on but I find West Ham an exceptionally grubby little club. Would love to see Spurs give them a thrashing to get them sucked into the relegation battle.

Oh i will speak for myself ,matey,i always do ......

Just don't know what Wenger will do without a win on Sunday. I'm no Wengerout, but a bad result surely must put some pressure on the club to comment on what will happen when the season ends.

Just don't know what Wenger will do without a win on Sunday. I'm no Wengerout, but a bad result surely must put some pressure on the club to comment on what will happen when the season ends.

'Some pressure'? Like there isn't any already? Beating a second string Utd side hardly erases the thrashing a by Bayern, Palace et al nor the past 10 years of flatlining.

Unless I'm missing something the anti Wenger protests are not merely for this one bad season but for a decade of the club pointlessly meandering along content to just pick up the money from being in competitions rather than actually trying to win them while at the same time charging fans the highest prices in Europe?
    Carroll owes this club a serious debt,sitting on his fat arse all the time,when the crosses the Hammers are putting in are food and drink to a strong,tall centre forward..who isnt there but still getting paid.

1) West Ham ditch Carroll.
    2) Liverpool ditch Sturridge.
    3) Arsenal ditch Ozil (and about 8 other players).

• RC7RC7

'Some pressure'? Like there isn't any already? Beating a second string Utd side hardly erases the thrashing a by Bayern, Palace et al nor the past 10 years of flatlining.

Unless I'm missing something the anti Wenger protests are not merely for this one bad season but for a decade of the club pointlessly meandering along content to just pick up the money from being in competitions rather than actually trying to win them while at the same time charging fans the highest prices in Europe?

On the subject of Arsenal's obscene pricing structure - A couple of months back I looked at going to see Nice (who were riding high) in a home game. I could've flown there and back and bagged a ticket for less money than it would cost me to get hold of a ticket at Arsenal.

Oh i will speak for myself ,matey,i always do ......

Who doesn't? :-D

Regarding the relegation battle, I think West Ham are safe. Sunderland and Middlesbrough are on the way to Championship, with the next few games deciding whether Hull or Swansea are joining them. Much more fun to see Newcastle play. Will be great to have Benítez back in the PL.
    I would like to see Hull stay up..they are fighting tooth and nail to stay in the PL ...

P

On the subject of Arsenal's obscene pricing structure - A couple of months back I looked at going to see Nice (who were riding high) in a home game. I could've flown there and back and bagged a ticket for less money than it would cost me to get hold of a ticket at Arsenal.

Put it this way @RC7 ,i am a die hard Arsenal fan but i wont pay the amount for entry anymore..i havent even BEEN to the Emirates...
    YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS U GORGEOUS HAMMERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Lanzini!

Lanzini!

He has played brilliantly up there on his own !!!
    I would like to see Hull stay up..they are fighting tooth and nail to stay in the PL ...

That manager has done a staggering job. I was one of the ones slating him when he came saying 'Who does this bloke think he is just walking into our league' but I have to say he really ought to be manager of the season if he keeps them up.

That manager has done a staggering job. I was one of the ones slating him when he came saying 'Who does this bloke think he is just walking into our league' but I have to say he really ought to be manager of the season if he keeps them up.

Absolutely Wiz,he is so calm in all ways, and has just relaxed the Hull team and installed some major self belief !!
    Hull deserve to stay up,they get my vote for the last place,along with Palace...time for Swansea to go.

Absolutely Wiz,he is so calm in all ways, and has just relaxed the Hull team and installed some major self belief !!
    Hull deserve to stay up,they get my vote for the last place,along with Palace...time for Swansea to go.

Would love to see West Ham go but Spurs' gutless was is putting paid to that so of the realistic options then Swansea over Hull for me - although Clement has done a decentish job and it would be good to see a young English manager have some success but the job Silva has done is too good to deny him staying up.

Hey up Jansen's on!! It's not over yet!!

P

Put it this way @RC7 ,i am a die hard Arsenal fan but i wont pay the amount for entry anymore..i havent even BEEN to the Emirates...

Regarding anti Wenger protest, of course this isn't just about this one very bad season. Would love Arsenal to show some more winning mentality, which I'm not sure Wenger can bring out of his group of players. But the problem is also about Kroenke and the board as well. All of which, is being discussed by pundits on TV almost weekly.

The pricing structure is another thing. Do hope to see a game at the Emirates one day, but it's unlikely with the current ticket prices. Rosenborg on the other hand, I can watch for about the same price it would cost to see a Leicester game (to compare with another PL team). Still, it's been years since my last Rosenborg game at Lerkendal Stadion.