"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Congratulations to Newcastle yesterday on their promotion to the Premier League! Also looks like tonight Chelsea are going to extend their lead over Spurs again.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Congratulations to Newcastle yesterday on their promotion to the Premier League! Also looks like tonight Chelsea are going to extend their lead over Spurs again.

Good result against Southampton. Interesting to note all goal scorers are either current or former Chelsea players.
    Come on Palace now. They seem to be hitting a winning streak, I hope it continues. ;)

• RC7RC7
    It's in the bag, Benny. You just need to make sure they don't nod off next season.
    I am NO WAY a Chelsea fan,but if they can stop the Tottenham scum from winning it then i'm right behind them.

Now,i DO like Palace,so hopefully they will beat the scum tomorrow...im sure they will.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    It's in the bag, Benny. You just need to make sure they don't nod off next season.

I don't think they'll let it go now. I hope not. I would be gutted.
    Not over just yet though, and neither of us have an easy run home.
    Everton, Borough, West Brom, Watford and Sunderland

Spurs face, Palace, Arsenal, West Han, Man Utd, Leicester and Hull.
    They've been caught napping at a time of the season they really shouldn't. I'll be more confident if Spurs drop a game...or two. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    @barryt007 as an Arsenal fan can you believe you've now gone half as long as Liverpool without a title win? Reckon you can bag one in the next decade?
    @barryt007 as an Arsenal fan can you believe you've now gone half as long as Liverpool without a title win? Reckon you can bag one in the next decade?

With the promised squad clearout and a £200million+ war chest we are seemingly getting because of this season,it might be less time than that !!
    Benny wrote: »

I don't think they'll let it go now. I hope not. I would be gutted.
    Not over just yet though, and neither of us have an easy run home.
    Everton, Borough, West Brom, Watford and Sunderland

Spurs face, Palace, Arsenal, West Han, Man Utd, Leicester and Hull.
    They've been caught napping at a time of the season they really shouldn't. I'll be more confident if Spurs drop a game...or two. ;)

We will do the honours for you on Sunday ,Benster....
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 17,272
    Rosenborg with an easy win without impressing in the cup today. No channels showing Arsenal - Leicester, so i'm stuck with Palace - Sp*rs... Do hope Palace can make yet a win tonight.
    Amen to that..Palace to beat the scum !!
    Rosenborg with an easy win without impressing in the cup today. No channels showing Arsenal - Leicester, so i'm stuck with Palace - Sp*rs... Do hope Palace can make yet a win tonight.

Hei Torgeir! Kult å finne gnr annen trønder her!

Tror du det blir Europa på oss i år?
    Now that's an important goal from Monreal!!
    Bollocks..scum have scored..
    And then Sp*rs go ahead and scores. F***!
    yep.....
    jobo wrote: »

Sett sånn! Ser ikke lovende ut de siste kampene tatt i betraktning. Får bare håpe at spillet sitter snart -da tør jeg håpe!
    1-0 for Arsenal. That was a much needed win. If only Benteke could go ahead and score a goal for Palace, then I'll be happy!
    He's gone off ....
    barryt007 wrote: »
    He's gone off ....

Did not even notice! Well, can't really pay that much attention when Sp*rs are playing. I'm human after all.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 7,500

Sett sånn! Ser ikke lovende ut de siste kampene tatt i betraktning. Får bare håpe at spillet sitter snart -da tør jeg håpe!

Synes det er mye å forlange at alt skal sitte i April. Innen sommeren tror jeg samhandlingen er på plass. På mange måter kan det være en fordel å ikke peake for tidlig da det er formen i august/september som gjelder. Sett på spillermateriellet burde vi ha bedre forutsetninger i år, men så er jo nivået i Europa svært høyt for tiden så det blir ingen enkel oppgave. Jeg tillater meg å være optimist!
    Bollocks..scum have scored..

If I didn't know better? I would say that you don't like Spurs much? lol!
  • GBFGBF
    Why is everyone so against Tottenham? I think it is quite interesting to see some different English team in the CL.

By the way, yesterday was a great match between Bayern and Dortmund in the German DFB Cup. Bayern after failing in the CL against Real again failed... Hard days for Ancelotti.
    Well I support Arsenal,so Im sure that explains it from my side.
    And generally no London club particularly likes them,its always been that way : scum.
    I like Tottenham. They are one of the fun teams to watch in a, dear I say, not so interesting league overall...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,117
    Well I support Arsenal,so Im sure that explains it from my side.
    And generally no London club particularly likes them,its always been that way : scum.

I dont think this antipathy towards Spurs extends around the rest of the country does it? Most people consider they play decent stuff with a core of the most promising English players. Yes last year the neutral backed Leicester but this year can't imagine that anyone outside London isn't rooting for Spurs.

I think a lot of the other London clubs are hated/laughed at far more:

Chelsea - Hated for their brashness and chavvy veneration of odious thug John Terry (I trust we all enjoyed the video of his 'mum' yesterday!?).

Arsenal - As far as I can tell they only seem to exist to be the punchline to an increasingly repetitive and tiresome joke and to drag our UEFA coefficient down.

West Ham - A grubby little club with laughable delusions of grandeur in the 'West Ham way' (ie winning piss all) and the fact that their Arthur Daley owners somehow managed to blag a free 60k stadium off the government.

Palace - Does anyone have any opinion either way?

The rest are nonentities, apart from Leyton Orient who I'm sure most football fans feel sympathy for.

Why Arsenal are even so obsessed with Spurs is beyond me. I couldn't really care less about Everton (although they getting worryingly close this season) it's Utd who are the real scum. Is St Totteringham's Day and 4th really all Arsenal aim for these days?

Synes det er mye å forlange at alt skal sitte i April. Innen sommeren tror jeg samhandlingen er på plass. På mange måter kan det være en fordel å ikke peake for tidlig da det er formen i august/september som gjelder. Sett på spillermateriellet burde vi ha bedre forutsetninger i år, men så er jo nivået i Europa svært høyt for tiden så det blir ingen enkel oppgave. Jeg tillater meg å være optimist!

Sant det. Er bare de små tingene som irriterer meg. Pasningsspillet har vært ganske så upressist, og noen av kampene har blitt litt vel spennende pga. manglende samhandling. Håper likevel at laget tar grep og får benyttet spisskompetansen til Bendtner bedre. Synes han glimtvis har vært god på å holde på ballen, possisjonere seg, og sende ballen videre. Fra cupkampen i går, var det også godt å se Botheim og Lundemo på banen, selv om de ikke var så synlige.
    Man City 0 - 0 Man United all things considered will take that, it's going to be tough to make top four.
    Love the head-butt...Felaini is such a liability,what a dickhead,straight after being booked !!
    Love the head-butt...Felaini is such a liability,what a dickhead,straight after being booked !!

Why does he even play? On a team that has spent a shitload of money on midfielders? Think United were lucky today.
  • RC7RC7
    Aguero's acting was first class. For a minute I thought it was Suarez.