"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

jobo wrote: »
    Rosenborg with an easy win without impressing in the cup today. No channels showing Arsenal - Leicester, so i'm stuck with Palace - Sp*rs... Do hope Palace can make yet a win tonight.

Hei Torgeir! Kult å finne gnr annen trønder her!

Tror du det blir Europa på oss i år?

Sett sånn! Ser ikke lovende ut de siste kampene tatt i betraktning. Får bare håpe at spillet sitter snart -da tør jeg håpe!

Synes det er mye å forlange at alt skal sitte i April. Innen sommeren tror jeg samhandlingen er på plass. På mange måter kan det være en fordel å ikke peake for tidlig da det er formen i august/september som gjelder. Sett på spillermateriellet burde vi ha bedre forutsetninger i år, men så er jo nivået i Europa svært høyt for tiden så det blir ingen enkel oppgave. Jeg tillater meg å være optimist!

Sant det. Er bare de små tingene som irriterer meg. Pasningsspillet har vært ganske så upressist, og noen av kampene har blitt litt vel spennende pga. manglende samhandling. Håper likevel at laget tar grep og får benyttet spisskompetansen til Bendtner bedre. Synes han glimtvis har vært god på å holde på ballen, possisjonere seg, og sende ballen videre. Fra cupkampen i går, var det også godt å se Botheim og Lundemo på banen, selv om de ikke var så synlige.

Bendtner er god som oppspillspunkt, men jeg skjønner ikke hvorfor han skal vandre dypt og ut på kant hele tiden. Burde holde seg i boks.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 17,270
    Rosenborg with an easy win without impressing in the cup today. No channels showing Arsenal - Leicester, so i'm stuck with Palace - Sp*rs... Do hope Palace can make yet a win tonight.

Hei Torgeir! Kult å finne gnr annen trønder her!

Tror du det blir Europa på oss i år?

Sett sånn! Ser ikke lovende ut de siste kampene tatt i betraktning. Får bare håpe at spillet sitter snart -da tør jeg håpe!

Synes det er mye å forlange at alt skal sitte i April. Innen sommeren tror jeg samhandlingen er på plass. På mange måter kan det være en fordel å ikke peake for tidlig da det er formen i august/september som gjelder. Sett på spillermateriellet burde vi ha bedre forutsetninger i år, men så er jo nivået i Europa svært høyt for tiden så det blir ingen enkel oppgave. Jeg tillater meg å være optimist!

Sant det. Er bare de små tingene som irriterer meg. Pasningsspillet har vært ganske så upressist, og noen av kampene har blitt litt vel spennende pga. manglende samhandling. Håper likevel at laget tar grep og får benyttet spisskompetansen til Bendtner bedre. Synes han glimtvis har vært god på å holde på ballen, possisjonere seg, og sende ballen videre. Fra cupkampen i går, var det også godt å se Botheim og Lundemo på banen, selv om de ikke var så synlige.

Bendtner er god som oppspillspunkt, men jeg skjønner ikke hvorfor han skal vandre dypt og ut på kant hele tiden. Burde holde seg i boks.

Ingebrigtsen har jo selv uttalt at Bendtner skal være fritatt defensive løp. Trangen til å gå ut på kant virker bare merkelig. Blir spennende å se hva som skjer i de kommende kampene.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Love the head-butt...Felaini is such a liability,what a dickhead,straight after being booked !!

Why does he even play? On a team that has spent a shitload of money on midfielders? Think United were lucky today.

Highlight of a boring game, really. Just couldn't believe it! Tackle - yellow card - *couple of seconds* - tackle again - argument and head-butt. A certain German with over a 100 games for the national team could be useful to have right now, wouldn't it?
    Another season without champions league, Uniteds squad decimated by injury and a win today was vital to get into the top four. We barely have a first eleven to challenge for the Europa now, nightmare end to the season.

Man United 1 - 1 Swansea Ten draws at home for United says it all.
    You do have Fellaini for the Europa League, don't you?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    What a joke Utd, Liverpool and City are.

Largely thanks to their rank ineptitude Wenger has a real chance of saving his bacon by sneaking 4th with his usual run of championship winning form at the end of the season when it's too late.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    United are in bits with injury at the back and frankly our attack is not clinical enough, Ibra carried us for months. Worse possible end to the season, if results go against United today I would advocate resting what players we do have left for the Europa League and pray we win it.
    You do have Fellaini for the Europa League, don't you?
    Yeah he is back though it's our defence that's a major problem for the run in.
    Yeah he is back though it's our defence that's a major problem for the run in.
    Can see that. How many injuries did United get today? Two? Three?
    Shaw and Baily today on top of Rojo, Smalling and Jones it's not good. Carrick may end up at centre back

Five players out? Usually an Arsenal thing to have that many players unavailable!
    A very happy Conte at Goodison Park now. Surely, Chelsea must have that title in their pockets now?
    Middlesborough 2 - 2 Shitty Well I thought Boro were going to do United a favour taking the lead twice, though I expected City to get three points today it's still tight despite my despair though it illustrates another missed opportunity by United... Again.

Everton 0 - 3 Chelsea Chelsea a step closer after beating Everton, Chelsea will be worthy champions I hate to say it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    9195701.gif

Don't think anyone is going to be shedding any tears over Utd's injury plight. Everyone gets them and maybe you might've been better off properly strengthening your squad given the amount of games you were always likely to have rather than spunk £90m on a guy who has looked like the poor man's Charlie Adam? The likes of Burnley, Hull and Bournemouth just get on with it despite their whole squad not being as expensive as Pogba.

Still could be worse you could have Pep in charge! At this rate Arsenal and Liverpool will end up 3rd and 4th by default as the Manchester clubs just dont want CL football it seems.

Right....time for us to beat the scum.....
    More disappointment than anything else things were looking good two weeks ago and its imploded, I am not blind to Jose reluctance to rotate early on and moving players on when our squad was thin already. True other teams have it much worse, one thing in Uniteds favour is good away form it's do or die against Arsenal and Spurs.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Right....time for us to beat the scum.....

Fingers crossed! May the three-at-the-back work again!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Come on The Blues. 3-0. One step closer.
    Be very happy if The Gunners can halt Spurs.
    We will do our best Benster !!
    So nervous right now. This game's just so important!
    Me and my gf have our Arsenal shirts on....ready to go !!
    Come on Spurs... ;)
    Come on Spurs... ;)

Kiss my Arsenal.....
    Ha ha going to have to watch the game, hey Spurs will fail miserably at Wembley next season that's one consolation.
    Ha ha going to have to watch the game, hey Spurs will fail miserably at Wembley next season that's one consolation.

Now THAT is going to be fun....hopefully relegation he he he ...
    Every away team is going to be fully motivated to play at Wembley, it's a disaster waiting to happen for Spurs.
    It is....basically take West Ham at the London Stadium and times it by 5 .....
  • RC7RC7
    United's injury concerns are irrelevant. We should be beating Swansea at home. It's that simple. First half was an absolute disgrace.
    Very appropriate music in the tunnel.

True Spurs will be playing against teams that have never played at Wembley, and Spurs did not fair well in the trial at Wembley in the Champions league.
    Lets do this Gooners.....
    Should be a good game my prediction is 3 - 3
    What a dive! No contact!