Skyfall Wins Bond's First Grammy -Make That Two Grammy's

Comments

Is there live broadcast anywhere on internet?
    Its over. Haven't found a life stream from the show yet. The GG's were class.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited February 2013 Posts: 4,012
    CNN was showing, Becky Anderson was being priceless and she commented she was waiting for Daniel Craig (several times) but then they started showing something else. I really wanted to watch the ceremony :-(
    Sandy wrote:
    CNN was showing, Becky Anderson was being priceless and she commented she was waiting for Daniel Craig (several times) but then they started showing something else. I really wanted to watch the ceremony :-(

Yeah, seems no Baftas for us :( I am still ?? about his snub as where the british papers the next day. They probably thought, giving him British Artist of the Year covers it all. [-(
    I saw the red carpet BBC thing, but they just stopped that all of a sudden a while ago and now... nothing... *sigh*
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Tuulia wrote:
    I saw the red carpet BBC thing, but they just stopped that all of a sudden a while ago and now... nothing... *sigh*

Yes, me too. They will come back with the results and probably some snippets - whenever that is.

Life ticker
    http://www.bafta.org/
    ^^ Yeah, why bother showing the actual show... Damn...
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,081
    Skyfall wins Outstanding British Film award!
    Wow, I just found a channel on my tv called Star! that apparently has a half an hour BAFTA red carpet in an hour and then a 2 hour BAFTA show in an hour and a half from now.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Good going for those not in the UK though if for any reason you can't watch it, it isn't broadcast live anyway so you can keep up to date here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2013/feb/10/baftas-2013-film-ceremony-live
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Good going for those not in the UK though if for any reason you can't watch it, it isn't broadcast live anyway so you can keep up to date here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2013/feb/10/baftas-2013-film-ceremony-live

I am not in the UK but still have BBC1, 2, 3, 4, news24.

I am glad that it is not live, so I can watch Clarkson & Co before. ;)

Best Cinematography goes to Life of Pi.

Skyfall has one out of two so far.
    Skyfall gets best music!
    Original Film Music Winner: Skyfall
    Thomas Newman

http://bafta-film.tumblr.com/post/42775352810/original-film-music-winner
    2/3, nice going. :D
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    So, Tom Newman won.

Well deserved.

Hopefully this propells him on to Oscar success as well.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    2/3, nice going. :D

Actually 2/6 so far, I think...
    Judi and Javier left though only?
    Les Misérables won best Sound earlier, so four of Skyfall's awards have been and gone. Four to go.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Supp actor right now - goes to Christoph Waltz. right now. As a German, I am pleased.

Outstanding British Film: Skyfall director Sam Mendes praised Bond star Daniel Craig's "tenacity & bravery.

Skyfall Sam Mendes says Daniel Craig's lack of #Bafta nomination is the "curse of Bond" and dedicated their award to him. @BBCNewsbeat

Director Sam Mendes says Daniel Craig "sets a real example" as an actor
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    And we didn't win editing, Argo did.

Best Production Design, Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress to go.

Christoph Waltz won best Actor.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited February 2013 Posts: 3,277
    Javier Bardem lost to Chris Waltz?

tumblr_mht8lz0TTn1rjzbrqo1_r1_500.jpg
  • No Best Sound, no Best Cinematography, but 'Skyfall' won Best Music Score. Interestingg ;-). This is quite unexpected.

I guess it must have been 2nd place for 'Skyfall' for Best Sound and Best Cinematography then, as 'Skyfall' was favourite in these two categories.

Best Music Score then! Quite unexpected! I had a feeling this time around it'll be Thomas Newman's award year. This is good momentum for 'Skyfall' in this category for the Oscars!
    Nope, actor is gone, too.
    Our only hope is Judi Dench and Dennis Gassner now.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Outstanding British Film: Skyfall director Sam Mendes praised Bond star Daniel Craig's "tenacity & bravery.

Skyfall Sam Mendes says Daniel Craig's lack of #Bafta nomination is the "curse of Bond" and dedicated their award to him. @BBCNewsbeat

Sam :-*

• No Best Sound, no Best Cinematography, but 'Skyfall' won Best Music Score. Interestingg ;-). This is quite unexpected.

I guess it must have been 2nd place for 'Skyfall' for Best Sound and Best Cinematography then, as 'Skyfall' was favourite in these two categories.

Best Music Score then! Quite unexpected! I had a feeling this time around it'll be Thomas Newman's award year. Moreover, do NOT forget this was Thomas Newman's first action packed score. For him this must have been tough, breaking away from the dramatic scores he was stuck in. Bravo! This is good momentum for 'Skyfall' in this category for the Oscars!

All other acting categories on the BAFTA's?? Come on guys! I did not/do not expect 'Skyfall' to win those. Nominations are great, but personally I do think other movies deserve them as well....

Do NOT forget. Tonight in Hollywood another pivotal Awards Ceremony for 'Skyfall', the 27th ASC Awards (The American Society Of Cinematographers).
    http://www.theasc.com/asc_news/News_Articles/News_446.php

It'll be again a race between Claudio Miranda and Roger Deakins. I have a gut feeling the momentum now goes to 'Life Of Pi' in this category.
    Tuulia wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Sam :-*

I KNEW, someone would point it out.