Skyfall Wins Bond's First Grammy -Make That Two Grammy's

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Congrats to Adele, well deserved.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited January 2013 Posts: 543
    lol Daniel Day-Lewis on the "queen parachuting in as a last pitch for Skyfall"
  • love the comment by Daniel Day lewis about the Queen parchute in to make a last minute ptich for Skyfall........I love that other actors/actress reference to Skyfall and Craig. Show they respect the film
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    I heard about it on Twitter, congrats to Adele and congrats to Skyfall for winning that one. I always did love that song since I first heard it. :-((
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm hoping the Academy has the same mentality and gives Adele her well-deserved Award.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm hoping the Academy has the same mentality and gives Adele her well-deserved Award.

Me too, I would love that song to win a oscar. Also I wonder if this song will be considered at the Grammy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mdo007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Me too, I would love that song to win a oscar. Also I wonder if this song will be considered at the Grammy.

It'll put her halfway to receiving an EGOT.

• edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    @=bg=

Unfortunately not. The Globes don't usually do live performances.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Congrats Adele!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Craig looking very thunderball in his wayfarers , sensational bond

It'd be nice for those to return in 24; Craig's nod to Connery's fourth.

Yes totally agree I'd love that aswell and huge congratulations to adele , skyfall is one of my favourite themes and loved the high five with dan
    =;
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good news, what a good way to start a week, with a golden globe win for the song. Oh, and that high-5 gif is priceless!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Dan's support and relationship with Adele. Congratulations to her for an award well deserved. It isn't easy to win out over Les Mis.
  • Was that an alternate version of the song being played when she went up to accept the award?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I don't know.. I didn't realize Les Mis had an original song. Scared me for a second. On to the Oscars!

Well, that's something that has always happened. Many times, new songs have been added to movie adaptations of stage musicals, or replaced original songs, most of the time to fetch an Oscar nomination. I can remember at least three examples right away:

Guys and Dolls: "I've never been in love before" replaced by the (inferior) "A Woman in Love" (and "Marry the Man Today" being scandalously deleted)

Hello Dolly: The first song of the musical being replaced in the movie by another song, which certainly played to Streisand's strengths.

A Chorus Line: "The Music and the Mirror" being replaced by the inferior "Let me Dance for You", and "Surprise" being added to the score.

Anyway, congrats to Adele. She certainly deserved that Globe, and she deserves that Oscar, if she gets it.
  • AliAli
    edited January 2013 Posts: 319
    boldfinger wrote:
    Hans Zimmer´s merciless droning is one man reason I probably won´t get the film on DVD. How´s that for recognition :ar! ?

I´m not saying it hasn´t got exquisite parts, but overall, the total lack of sublety is not in my favor.

It's one of Zimmer's worst scores IMO. He can be stunning....just look to Gladiator and The Last Samurai, but the Batman films have two recognisable chords and a load of banging. His work for the Crysis 2 video game was far superior!

And was I alone in thinking "Sybil Fawlty" when I heard Adele laughing? Glad she got some recognition for Scaffold..... ;-)
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11,119
    What a WIN can do for the positive spirit in this topic =D> ;-). I'm really thrilled about this win.

By the way, the 'high five' between Craig and Adele reminds me of the glorious 1960's for Bond. The spirit on set, behind the scenes and on the red carpet have never been so delightfully positive.

We know Barbara and Michael always want to create this family atmosphere on set. But it's extremely fullfilling to see it in the tv screen.
    Daniel Craig's Bond
    What a WIN can do for the positive spirit in this topic =D> ;-). I'm really thrilled about this win.

By the way, the 'high five' between Craig and Adele reminds me of the glorious 1960's for Bond. The spirit on set, behind the scenes and on the red carpet have never been so delightfully positive.

We know Barbara and Michael always want to create this family atmosphere on set. But it's extremely fullfilling to see it in the tv screen.

Lets thank Adele's boyfriend for pushing her to do the song as he's a massive Bond fan too, loved her speech as well. Also Daniel Day lewis shout out to skyfall during his speech shows the greatest actor in the world has some love for Bond and maybe the next Bond film could have Day lewis as the Bond villian. wishful thinking maybe

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    What a great start to 2013. This means more awards in the future no doubt.

Adele and Daniel high-fiving is the best shot ever! :D
    Here are some wunderful pics from 'The James Bond Family' on the red carpet ;-):

daniel-craig-rachel-wiesz-golden-globes-2013-01132013-04-600x450.jpg
    6e2f8b52b247cffd_12.xxxlarge_1.jpg
    159462617-jpg_090540.jpg
    WINNERS+adele+golden+globes.jpg
    adele-2013-golden-globes-01132013-600x450.jpg
    foto_22805_fotos-adele-maakt-opwachting-bij-golden-globes.jpg
    GoldenGlobes_0113_AdeleWin_480x360.jpg
    adele-daniel-craig-golden-globes.jpg?w=425&h=306&crop=1
    Did you see Taylor Swifts face? Priceless... :))
  • Most of you probably know I wasn't a huge fan of the song but congrats to Adele, it is a brilliant achievement.
    Here's a photo gallery of yesterday's event, with Adele, Daniel Craig, Halle Berry, Helen McCrory and Carey Lowell.

TUMBLR_ADELEGG.jpg

http://jamesbondbrasil.com/galeria-globo-de-ouro-2013/
    I completely forgot Helen McGrory was attending as well! Wunderful dress she has hehe.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Germanlady wrote:
    Did you see Taylor Swifts face? Priceless... :))

No I missed it all. Did she look pissed?

No I missed it all. Did she look pissed?

tumblr_mgmj24RyvD1qd3zuuo1_500.png
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Halle Berry just looks hotter and hotter.

Taylor Swift looked like a sore loser and a massive congrats to Adele. One of the things I love about her is, she keeps it English, more soecifically, she takes London where ever she goes. I hope she gets that Oscar and also, I'm glad she thanked Craig for being such an awesome Bond. EoN, Sony and MGM won't even think about trying to half arse Bond 24.
    What a great day to be a Bond fan!
    Congratulation to Adele, Paul Epworth and whoever choose her song (I don't know if it was Babs, Michael or both).
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I have to say Craig and Weisz are without a doubt the classiest, coolest, sexiest couple in the movie industry. They just look stunning in those photographs.