Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    And there's a TV detective category, really? They've put the men and women into one category for the drama performance award (meaning much less people get nominated), but TV detectives get their own category?

Didn't take me long to choose this one though. I like Benedict Cumberbatch but you can't beat Idris Elba.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What's this awards show, @thelivingroyale? Is it like the UK equivalent to the People's Choice awards or something, where the public vote?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A friend of mine sent me this song and at 2:35 John Barry's Space Capsule from YOLT starts playing in the middle of this song.
  • What's this awards show, @thelivingroyale? Is it like the UK equivalent to the People's Choice awards or something, where the public vote?

Yeah, TV awards voted for by the public.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What's this awards show, @thelivingroyale? Is it like the UK equivalent to the People's Choice awards or something, where the public vote?

Yeah, TV awards voted for by the public.
    Yeah, I thought so. I think we just had our People's Choice in the states only nights ago. It's always funny to see just how bad the nominees can be when some of the public are allowed to vote in the categories. Makes you want to reconsider democracy. ;)

Bush sr skit........
    Is the OHMSS x-mas tree song a reference to Cubby , remember he sold x-mas trees when he met his wife ;)
    I just saw a MI6 article on Facebook about Cash's Thunderball. What could be better than recognize a great song by my favorite artist about my favorite franchise?
    Thank you, MI6!
    0013 wrote:
    I just saw a MI6 article on Facebook about Cash's Thunderball. What could be better than recognize a great song by my favorite artist about my favorite franchise?
    Thank you, MI6!

It's not a very Bondian song to me in sound, but nonetheless it's a great one:

I think it's more fitting of a western epic, naturally.
  • Mae Young, a pioneer and legend in women's wrestling, passed away today after an illness, at the age of 90.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Just listened to the Johnny Cash Thunderball tune. I have to say I really liked it, but it would not have worked for the movie. Their are some very good lyrical lines in their however! \:D/ It has a very catchy rhythm too!
    As @0Brady said, it's far more befitting for a western, not a Bond movie.
    @Murdock I love it when the stuff of fiction becomes real. It just makes the Bondiverse that much more plausible.
    @QBranch indeed, I wonder what other Bond gadgets would make useful items in real life.
    Perhaps a spare papilla or two would come in handy. ;)
    Really @QBranch! :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I want a jet pack!!!
    http://www.tv2.no/2014/01/09/nyheter/innenriks/5208382#.UttNUBDsTcd

Pix of Breivik as a kid to just few months before July '11.

A book will be published in the US and several other countries , he will also try to publish one himself called "Breivik Diaries".
    chrisisall wrote:
    I want a jet pack!!!

I'm working on a Prop one hehe. ;)
    @Murdock I expect to see pics of you posing with the jetpack and a highly fashionable helmet. :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2014 Posts: 45,489
    TEGN.show_image?p_file_id=43151%p_size=S
    edit:Second time I am unable to post an image. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if my pc has rabies?
  • TEGN.show_image?p_file_id=43151%p_size=S
    edit:Second time I am unable to post an image. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if my pc has rabies?

It's quite simple. Guessing you're making an error someplace and your computer isn't infected. Here hopefully should be an example of what you're aiming for. Instant Squirrel...

Squirrel.jpg

It took them (WB/Fox) 25 yrs but finally Batman '66 is coming to dvd and hopefully blu as well :D
    Tracy wrote:
    It took them (WB/Fox) 25 yrs but finally Batman '66 is coming to dvd and hopefully blu as well :D

Yes, and it's possible that Adam and Burt will do commentary tracks for some episodes.
    0013 wrote:
    Thank you, MI6!

It's not a very Bondian song to me in sound, but nonetheless it's a great one:

I think it's more fitting of a western epic, naturally.

Oh absolutely. It's gold for a rarity but couldn't be placed on a Bond movie.
    Perhaps Tarantino could use it in some future project. He always uses western tracks and many times has picked something from Cash ('Ain't no grave' in Django Unchained, 'Satisfied Mind' in Kill Bill Vol. 2 and I believe there are others):
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I didn't really know where to put this. Has anyone heard about this book?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151979669164821&set=a.396801514820.175074.6425769820&type=1&relevant_count=1
    IF BILBO MET BOND? Imagine the tantalizing story of what could have happened if J.R.R. Tolkien teamed up with the creator of 007, Ian Fleming himself, in pre-war Germany (necessarily to overthrow a nefarious secret plot)?
    558285_10151979669164821_1972520744_n.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Good heavens, I have never heard of this one! But I'm interested. Hmmm.