Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    £7 million? Oh what I could do with that. Best Christmas advert has got to be...

I'd like to think that my dog wouldn't do that, but if he thought he might be able to get away with it, he would try.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    John Lewis have made another Christmas advert to make you fell all fuzzy inside...

A great advert, that. It's good to remember they still exist.
  • I didn't know where to put this, but I'm finding things hard going in recent days. Is there anyone I could talk to in private. Events have hit me hard since the weekend
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I didn't know where to put this, but I'm finding things hard going in recent days. Is there anyone I could talk to in private. Events have hit me hard since the weekend

I'm free to talk. send me a PM. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I didn't know where to put this, but I'm finding things hard going in recent days. Is there anyone I could talk to in private. Events have hit me hard since the weekend

Please, feel free to PM me, as well. I'm here for you, friend.
  • Murdock also very kindly offered and I responded to him, and feel I could use all the support needed at this time so will PM you now Creasy. I'll get back to Murdock
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Feel free to give me a shout too, @Baltimore_007. It's why we're here in the first place; to help each other out.
    So lots of Black Friday ads have been released and it appears that most of the doorbuster deals and whatnot start at 6 PM...

...on Thanksgiving Day. Sadly, there will be people out avoiding dinner with the family to partake in these sales. Not sure what is or isn't online, but the Thanksgiving dinner I attend at my aunt's every year is going to be held a week early, so this will give me time on Thanksgiving to scour my computer for blu-ray deals. Anyone have any Black Friday plans/traditions they'll attempt to do again this year?
    "Blame Canada, blame Canada...."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24956661
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    PayPal members: SCAM ALERT

This is just a heads up to anyone here using PayPal- my flatmate just received a suspect email claiming to be from PayPal, and advising him to update his details. All the telltale signs were there.

1. Suspect sender address (this one said something like "[email protected]"). If it's genuinely from PayPal, it will say it's sent from a "@paypal.com" email address.

2. My flatmate's name was not mentioned in the greeting. PayPal stresses that they always address you by your first and last name i.e "Hello James Bond,".

3. The suspect sender was saying to click on a link in the email. PayPal stresses that you type their website address into your browser instead of clicking email links.

The scam email has been reported to PayPal- and folks, I'd advise alerting your friends. We hear about these scams all the time, but it's rather alarming to see one first hand.

"...they're not even a real country, anywayyyyy"
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote:

"...they're not even a real country, anywayyyyy"

=))

• edited November 2013 Posts: 1,644
    550 tons of heroin has been produced in Afghanistan lately....that's more than a yrs worth to junkies world wide......it'll be even worse when the forces leaves , even more produced.

Almost didn't make it.....I wasd on the bus just before it started and then the driver tells me it's another 45 mins to get there , thank goodness for taxis :/
    I cut my own hair today. it was quite the experience.
  • Murdock wrote:

How did that work out for you?
    Murdock wrote:

How did that work out for you?

Pretty good. I just gave myself a buzz cut.
    First Windows8.1 phones called Goldfinger and Moneypenny (source).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That's cool, Sandy. :)

And thanks for sharing Roger, Tracy. I do wish I could see him!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:

That's awesome.

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to text, surf the web and socialize with all your closest friends and family on the all new Nokia Windows Phone 8.1!"
    edited November 2013 Posts: 4,012
    Sandy wrote:

That's awesome.

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to text, surf the web and socialize with all your closest friends and family on the all new Nokia Windows Phone 8.1!"

=)) Only you @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7!
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

That's awesome.

=)) Only you @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7!

Wouldn't that be the perfect promotional commercial for these devices, though? ;))
    As it's fast approaching the 1st Anniversary of the Sandy Hook massacre, there is this story from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25097127

Can I ask our American members what progress (if any) is being made regarding gun control in the States. I always thought that if this terrible tragedy doesn't affect policy change, then quite frankly nothing ever will.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It seems every time there has tried to be a discussion on gun control, it has gotten out of hand here.
    I am not living there now, so I really do not know. But I think it is still very mixed.
    @WillyGalore, the same may be in your beloved nation, but over across the pond here our politicians couldn't agree on what kind of sandwich they all want for lunch, much less policies relating to gun control. As it has been said many a time, a far left and a far right do us no good. Our country desperately needs some resemblance of bipartisanship with a strong foundation in teamwork and sacrifice for the common good of the people. Until then, there is no stopping that kind of madness from happening again and again. So until then, I'll keep on dreaming here in my little corner.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    @WillyGalore, the same may be in your beloved nation, but over across the pond here our politicians couldn't agree on what kind of sandwich they all want for lunch, much less policies relating to gun control. As it has been said many a time, a far left and a far right do us no good. Our country desperately needs some resemblance of bipartisanship with a strong foundation in teamwork and sacrifice for the common good of the people. Until then, there is no stopping that kind of madness from happening again and again. So until then, I'll keep on dreaming here in my little corner.

It really is quite depressing that there are people who will accept the slaughter of innocent children on a (near) yearly basis if it means protecting their "freedoms" by keeping their guns.
    13 yr old in Norway who killed his foster brother and stabbed his father will not get jail time , I'm surprised.....*not* :/

I wish they could've whipped this punk with nunchucks in a foreign prison > : (
    Tracy wrote:
    13 yr old in Norway who killed his foster brother and stabbed his father will not get jail time , I'm surprised.....*not* :/

Yes, because that act would be completely justified under the statutes of the justice system and certainly doesn't make us like him in any way, shape or form by allowing it to transpire. :-\"
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Tracy wrote:

Yes, because that act would be completely justified under the statutes of the justice system and certainly doesn't make us like him in any way, shape or form by allowing it to transpire. :-\"

Well said @0Brady

=D>
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 1,644
    The punk stabbed a 3 yr old to death and his father , thus your point is really not relevant. Same with Breiviks opinions being null and void after what he did.