Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• Creasy47 wrote:
    I know that they use different takes and whatnot, but I didn't know that's exactly how they do it, @Agent007391, so thank you for that. I guess I just watched them so much and really enjoyed the way they said their lines in the trailer that when it came to the finished product, I wasn't ready for the lines to be different. Small nitpick on my part.

Don't forget that the trailers are handled by the marketing department. EON have absolutely no creative input/control over these. Therefore, it is quite common for different takes to be used in trailers than the finished film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    At least with Silva's line, I don't think I was upset because it wasn't the same line in the trailer, it was just because I loved the slow, dark delivery of it in the trailer as opposed to the faster delivery of it in the film.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    But that would be Mendes decision as to which take to keep, right? Ah well. Overall, he did a splendid job. I get what you are saying, though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    But that would be Mendes decision as to which take to keep, right? Ah well. Overall, he did a splendid job. I get what you are saying, though.

Well, filmmaking is extremely varied. Some directors like Kubrick and Hitchcock are heavily involved with the filmmaking process, from the storyboarding to the shooting of the film, the editing, production design and more. Others are more passive and take on some responsibilities but may let their production designers give their own look to a set or let the cinematographer decide the lighting and lenses for the scene by themselves as well and may only be involved slightly with the camerawork. It all depends, really, though I am no expert.

I think Mendes was very involved with the editing, so it would be likely that he did get last cut, being that EON respect him and trusted him to make good decisions for the final product. I don't think EON had any reason not to give him that last cut right, so what you see in the final cut of the film is likely there because of careful deliberation between Sam and his editor. That's just my opinion, though.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Really? Did you actually just take this into a second thread? Who the hell does that?

I see you cant see the sarcasm. I have issues with Rockstar paying criminals to voice game characters. The reason being I have friends who lend their voices to Funimation and know how hard they work to make great pieces. So taking a guy off the street to perform over a professional....yeah I have a problem with it.
  • For those non Brits amongst you who assume we all live like Downton Abby, this video exposes the truth of who we really are...

;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Really? Did you actually just take this into a second thread? Who the hell does that?

I see you cant see the sarcasm. I have issues with Rockstar paying criminals to voice game characters. The reason being I have friends who lend their voices to Funimation and know how hard they work to make great pieces. So taking a guy off the street to perform over a professional....yeah I have a problem with it.

We're still on this? To be fair, those that are being taken "off the street" are the real professionals, since they are the ones who have actual experience with the kinds of acts that are taking place in the game. I think that adds a certain amount of realism to the game that you might not get otherwise. Rockstar may also have used them to consult on the game in regards to the crime related gameplay and how gangs and other criminal factions run.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Willy thank you best laugh I've had this week cheers mate Coggins .
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon

We're still on this? To be fair, those that are being taken "off the street" are the real professionals, since they are the ones who have actual experience with the kinds of acts that are taking place in the game. I think that adds a certain amount of realism to the game that you might not get otherwise. Rockstar may also have used them to consult on the game in regards to the crime related gameplay and how gangs and other criminal factions run.

I just came across this today. Sorry for the delay, just had to respond to this. And Obrady, I obviously disagree with you, but oh well.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24076168

I think this is what is known as an "Epic Fail" X_X
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    For those non Brits amongst you who assume we all live like Downton Abby, this video exposes the truth of who we really are...

;-)

Derek Asquith: "You don't see Dickie Attenborough directing adverts for Lidl or Poundland, now, do you?"
    Swiss Toni: "Lidl?"
    Derek Asquith: "You know, Lidl, it's like a supermarket for pikeys."
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    For those non Brits amongst you who assume we all live like Downton Abby, this video exposes the truth of who we really are...

;-)

Derek Asquith: "You don't see Dickie Attenborough directing adverts for Lidl or Poundland, now, do you?"
    Swiss Toni: "Lidl?"
    Derek Asquith: "You know, Lidl, it's like a supermarket for pikeys."

:)) I remember that!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited September 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Am I the only American who hasn't seen Downton Abbey?
  • Joan Rivers or a baboon?

If the only way to save humanity was to have relations with one them, which one would you choose?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Um... Uh... Er...

I always lose at "Would you rather"...

The baboon?
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    What does IFM mean?

(Those of you from long ago will remember one of my first questions was "what does OTT mean?" :P)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    retrokitty wrote:
    What does IFM mean?

(Those of you from long ago will remember one of my first questions was "what does OTT mean?" :P)

Ignore, Flag and Move on.
    Thanks... makes sense. Now.
    No problem @retrokitty. Happy to help. :)
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 2,782
    No more free plastic bags in the UK. But were they free in the first place? And will they up the prices for bags for life?

Plus, if the world was at stake, and to save it, you had to have relations with either Simon Cowell or a conga eel, which one would you choose?
    Plus, if the world was at stake, and to save it, you had to have relations with either Simon Cowell or a conga eel, which one would you choose?

I am really turned off by huge slimy predators, so I'd have to with relations with
    the conger eel

And only if the world was at risk. If it were just the human race, I'd choose neither.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    retrokitty wrote:

I am really turned off by huge slimy predators, so I'd have to with relations with
    the conger eel

And only if the world was at risk. If it were just the human race, I'd choose neither.
    For me? I'd just let the world rip. There are more planets in the universe you know...

I haven't either mate, so you aren't alone.
    retrokitty wrote:
    What does IFM mean?

Murdock wrote:
    retrokitty wrote:
    What does IFM mean?

Ignore, Flag and Move on.

Or as I like to put it: the Ian Fleming Maneuver.
    My mine replica's are coming along nicely. :D
    goldeneye_mines_wip_3__by_comandercool22-d6mkgy6.jpg
    @Murdock, those are coming along fantastically. Be sure to do a set for me and send them my way! ;)

I'm right there with you. I've still yet to see it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, those are coming along fantastically. Be sure to do a set for me and send them my way! ;)

@Creasy47 I wish. The two I got were a one in a Million find. The Joystick that made these are becoming more and more scarce.

But if you know anybody with a 3D printer, this might help. :)
    http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-printed-Goldeneye-007-Remote-Mine-With-beeper-/
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

@Creasy47 I wish. The two I got were a one in a Million find. The Joystick that made these are becoming more and more scarce.

http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-printed-Goldeneye-007-Remote-Mine-With-beeper-/

Very cool. 3D printed or hand made, both of those replicas look fantastic.

Close the door, Murdock, there's a draaaft!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Very cool. 3D printed or hand made, both of those replicas look fantastic.

Close the door, Murdock, there's a draaaft!

LOL. Here's what one looked like before I gave them an explosive makeover. :)
    $(KGrHqN,!lEFIB!Il+GpBSClK07dMQ~~60_57.JPG
    That base is begging to be turned into a GE mine. Fantastic job.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That base is begging to be turned into a GE mine. Fantastic job.

Thanks. :) You can see all my progress pics and other props here. It's been a dream of mine (Pun intended) To own a pair of remote mines from GE. :D
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2946/judge-the-best-replica-prop/p1