Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10134803

Halloween murderer sentenced today.

Of course the perp does not get prison , in Norway they kiss the a**es of the perps....hell , they're even thinking of giving Anders Breivik parole (the guy who killed 77 people 2 yrs ago)

The 2nd victim was bloody lucky to be alive , stabbed 15 (!) times.

The perp was high on cannabis.

Daughter of 1st victim that died gets "compensated" , a "whopping" 3340$.....beep-in ridiculous :/
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @CommanderRoss I'm a fan of Mark Wahlberg. Seems like a nice bloke and he's a good actor who has brilliant comic timing. I don't think he just depends on his looks.

I like how he takes the piss a bit now when it comes to his Marky Mark days too.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 2,782
    Sandy wrote:
    Van Damme says he is clean :)) you did not pick a good example. Look at peer-reviewed published data on GH abuse and then we can talk.

Pre Kickboxer obviously, like OMG can you believe that he, like, did that!? OMG its, like, so, like, stupid, like, really, like, stupid! like, yeah.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    To m DC's physique doesn't look unhealthy in CR. Yes, he obviously worked out, but it seems quite natural, unlike people like The Rock and Wahlberg.

On a psychological basis it seems unlikely to me too: Craig depends far more on his acting abillities then his looks. Again, unlike the two mentioned above. Even more so, Craig stopped smoking, so he knows what addictions do to you. He's uite intelligent. Would a guy like that take the risk of another addiction? I think that's highly unlikely. For me it doesn't fit in with his personallity, as far as you can make any judgement on that from so far away.

I agree. And the trainer talks about the actor being "addicted" to using the HGH, while if you look at Dan after his filming for his physically demanding films end, he gains back some weight and loses some of the muscle, whereas a truly addicted person that couldn't live without the HGH would be in constant peak physical shape as they continued to build their physique. Dan has said he hates working out, so why would he be using HGH when he doesn't seem to care that much about looking like an Adonis? You can take HGH, but you still need to work hard to get in shape, and Dan hates that part of his job. Plus, his personality just doesn't match it. I think he would make jokes about people that use HGH and other forms of enhancers, poking fun of a certain shrinkage as well while he was at it.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @CommanderRoss I'm a fan of Mark Wahlberg. Seems like a nice bloke and he's a good actor who has brilliant comic timing. I don't think he just depends on his looks.

I like how he takes the piss a bit now when it comes to his Marky Mark days too.
    Well I'm not saying he's a very bad actor ( I don't think he's that good either) but he does seem to stay in his extremely fit state all the time, unlike Craig, as @OBrady stated above.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited August 2013 Posts: 5,080

Sorry if the picture doesn't show up, but never guess what I found in the DVD section of Poundland! Die Another Day, in it's rightful place!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Sorry if the picture doesn't show up, but never guess what I found in the DVD section of Poundland! Die Another Day, in it's rightful place!
    Where? The 99 cent bin?!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Where? The 99 cent bin?!

More than likely the garbage.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Poundland is a shop, pound as in £. Everything in Poundland is £1 or less.
    Poundland is a shop, pound as in £. Everything in Poundland is £1 or less.

Wow, so my joke wasn't that far off... X_X
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've seen this called the song of the Summer:

What do you think?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Grand Theft Auto 5 will be the best game ever. They even hired real criminal gangsters to do the voices of the characters....awesome!!!! I can't wait
    Really? Did you actually just take this into a second thread? Who the hell does that?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Chat Thread - Free Discussion
    Grand Theft Auto 5 will be the best game ever. They even hired real criminal gangsters to do the voices of the characters....awesome!!!! I can't wait

RIP to all the dead horses who are still getting beat...

RIP to all the dead horses who are still getting beat...

To you, Brady, one free internet, won by you as a reward for posting the quoted comment.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Why all the h8te ? Inside my mind- Grand Theft auto James Bond DLC tfw !!
    I'm terribly sorry, but is this a scrambled message? I don't seem to be able to understand what is beeing said here..
    edited September 2013 Posts: 7,981
    DLC=downloadable content.
    Ah, illuminating. now I understand. And I take it the tfw was, then, supposed to be FTW?

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And Tokyo has won it! Japan's capital will host the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics!

Yay!!!!! They will, I am sure, do a splendid job. Oh, I think I can hear the cheering all the way here in western Japan. It was awarded to Japan about 5:00 a.m. here.

Ganbatte!!!!! ("Go for it!") I am so thrilled. And I hope to get to these Olympics in person, at least a little bit.
    And Tokyo has won it! Japan's capital will host the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics!

Yay!!!!! They will, I am sure, do a splendid job. Oh, I think I can hear the cheering all the way here in western Japan. It was awarded to Japan about 5:00 a.m. here.

Ganbatte!!!!! ("Go for it!") I am so thrilled. And I hope to get to these Olympics in person, at least a little bit.

Congrats Tokyo!!! Had a feeling they would win!
    Congrats to Tokyo indeed! With the Japanese mentality, everything will be done in time, on budget, and with grandeur!
  • Tokyo was a good choice. Got some friends from the city, and doubtless they'll be delighted. Madrid and Istanbul lost out, but Spain hosted the Olympics as recently as 1992, and didn't think Istanbul as maybe suitable. Athens hosted a few years ago which is only a short distance away. If it's half the success that London had last year from what I could ascertain, it should be a fine event
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Someone will aprove the new iPhone 5S colour. :D

a4hj.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Nice! Thanks for sharing, Marketto. :)
    Someone will aprove the new iPhone 5S colour. :D

a4hj.jpg

"Do you expect me to call?"

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to text!"

B-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not sure if I ever brought it up in the past, but did it bother anyone else in SF that a lot of the lines were spoken in a different way than they were in the trailer? I guess it's mainly my fault for watching the trailers so much, but I got used to and loved the way a lot of the lines were spoken, and I recall being disappointed in the theater when the lines sounded entirely different.

Take Silva's "She sent you after me..." line: in the trailer, it's spoken much slower and in a much more sinister tone. In the final film, it's a lot higher-pitched and it's spoken at a faster rate.

Did this bother anyone else, or am I just nitpicking? I still go back from time to time to watch the SF trailer(s) and reminisce.
    @Creasy47, I have no idea, as I didn't really pick up on that, but maybe you are right. The line delivery used in the trailer could have been one of many different takes Sam did, and a different delivery from what they kept in the final cut.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I wasn't sure where to put this, and I'm not sure if I ever brought it up in the past, but did it bother anyone else in SF that a lot of the lines were spoken in a different way than they were in the trailer? I guess it's mainly my fault for watching the trailers so much, but I got used to and loved the way a lot of the lines were spoken, and I recall being disappointed in the theater when the lines sounded entirely different.

Take Silva's "She sent you after me..." line: in the trailer, it's spoken much slower and in a much more sinister tone. In the final film, it's a lot higher-pitched and it's spoken at a faster rate.

Did this bother anyone else, or am I just nitpicking? I still go back from time to time to watch the SF trailer(s) and reminisce.

It reminds me of watching the teaser trailer for CR. The line "Well I understand double-0's have a very short life expectancy" is different to that used in the film. I always preferred the way DC delivers the line in the trailer than the take that ended up in the film.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, for trailers, they use takes that'll grab attention, while for the final cut they use lines that make more sense to the scene. Remind me of the trailer for Sin City, which uses music that fits the tone of the film, is dame good music, yet is nowhere in the film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know that they use different takes and whatnot, but I didn't know that's exactly how they do it, @Agent007391, so thank you for that. I guess I just watched them so much and really enjoyed the way they said their lines in the trailer that when it came to the finished product, I wasn't ready for the lines to be different. Small nitpick on my part.