Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Tracy wrote:
    13 yr old kills 3 yr old , 3 yr old was in a foster family in Stord , Norway.

Mental ward in Norway is messed up so he won't do jail time.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/10/11/family-tragedy-unfolds-at-stord/

This seems to be a very strange story indeed. There must be a lot of things going on there. Expect some strange changes and turns in that case..

Jealousy might've been a factor.....still no excuse whatsoever for murder , the brat is prolly gonna blame it on computer games or something , there's always a scape goat.

On Sunday Stallone was at NYCC , wouldn't even look or talk to fans , had it been me at least I'd say "thanks for coming" and "400$ is a lot but I hope you'll appriciate it in the end".

Weaver was nice too according to fans , same with Mulder and Scully (unlike at SDCC where they had the same attitude as Sly)
  • My adoptive mum, who was born in Glasgow, just rang me after watching Skyfall for the first time (she enjoyed it btw) because she didn't know that Bond was Scottish and she was really excited about it.

Thought I'd share that here :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My adoptive mum, who was born in Glasgow, just rang me after watching Skyfall for the first time (she enjoyed it btw) because she didn't know that Bond was Scottish and she was really excited about it.

Thought I'd share that here :)

That is very interesting. I have found that most casual moviegoers don't know Bond has Scottish roots, and instead just think he was born and bred in London or around that area of England; an easy thing to assume, really.

I always like how the milieu of the Scottish highlands and its sense of isolation and deeply contemplative feeling highly compare to Bond as a character, especially for how he is portrayed in the Craig era. The fact that his job requires him to be disconnected has always fascinated me, and I became enamored with how against all orders he still held onto those kinds of feelings that kept him human instead of abandoning them and turning into a callous savage. I think it's part of the reason why he has endured all this time in both print and onscreen.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2013 Posts: 4,451
    Dutch version (Offical Belgium creation) of Wie Is De Mol (Who is the Mol) wins after 7 nomiations in 14 years the tv price The Televiziering. Wie is De Mol use David Arnold composed tracks from Godzilla for years as tune themes for some moments like Looking For Clues be used as music for ''De test'' (Every episode there must anser quistion on PC about the trater and the loser must go home.). Of course sometimes also music from his Bond movies be heard.

That the program wins he and his Godzolla score also wins a litle bit too.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Tracy wrote:

It is. But the deepest respect to those parents and indeed to the Norwegian system.

Oct 20th , 1968 : 1st day shooting OHMSS........
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's always exciting to see the real world *mirror* the world of Bond. Interestingly, it's called the Solspeil, which means sun reflector in Norwegian. I'm wondering if not naming it 'Icarus' was a missed opportunity, or a rather wise decision. After all, we wouldn't want to jinx the project, would we? ;)
    @QBranch, jinx?! *cringes* Scares me.
    Toys I wanted as a kid but did not get :

Lego '89 Pirate ship fea red sails (did get the good guy ship though , as well as good guys fort/Forbidden island/small pirate island) , I do have it now , just need to build it up again.

Dino Riders T-Rex and mammoth (have whole set of Ice Age creatures MIB now)

Eternia

Megator/Tytus (do own Megator MIB now though)

Funny thing is at first I didn't warm up to Laser Light Skeletor but now it's actually my fav Skelly besides the original , like a cyborg-esque Skeletor
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,644
    Celeb gossip :

-Paul "Croc Dundee" and Linda divorces after 23 yrs.......

J-Lo and Casper already having troubles ? (already saw it coming tbh)

-Tori Spelling has a sex tape ? (yeah ,sure it was "stolen".....sad she's so desperate now , what would Aaron say.....also weird she got almost nothing of his mega fortune....she was his daughter after all , his wife got nearly everything)
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 63
    Tracy wrote:
    J-Lo and Casper already having troubles ? (already saw it coming tbh)
    Please keep us posted.
    Jane Seymour divorces......
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 63
    Is nothing sacred these days?
    Supposedly they've been separated for months but she just filed for divorce now....rumor has it he's been cheating.
    It's always something.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Here's a cool article I found. What if movies recent films have been made decades earlier. http://collider.com/drive-poster-die-hard-poster-retro-style/
    Murdock wrote:
    Here's a cool article I found. What if movies recent films have been made decades earlier. http://collider.com/drive-poster-die-hard-poster-retro-style/

Those are some really cool posters, especially the one for 'Drive.'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:

Those are brilliant! Thanks for posting.
    Streisand/Brolin divorce rumors , Brolins people have denied it though.

At least she won't end up like Hulk Hogan , his wife almost cleaned out his bank account.
    http://www.norwaypost.no/index.php/news/latest-news/29153-three-killed-in-hijacking-of-express-bus

Not the first time , happened on the same route in '03.....back then it was -25 celsius , they used tear gas and everything yet it went on for hrs before he surrendered.
    Robert Davi divorces.......
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Who's next from Licence To Kill?
    Well , Talisa got divorced many yrs ago prior to Bratt so I guess it's a hat trick ;)

Cool.......
    I've been in a relationship for over two years now - quite a long time - and I never see me leaving my fantastic woman. I know marriages can get stale after a while, especially after being with someone for so many years, but I've just never understood a couple who gets divorced after fifteen, twenty, twenty-five years, especially at such an older age.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 1,644
    Not an excuse but lots of cheating in Tinseltown , for example Stirling Siliphant remembers Bruce Lee going out with 2 women under his arms when he went to visit him in Hong Kong....Betty was not the only one he had on the side ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,894
    John Lewis have made another Christmas advert to make you feel all fuzzy inside...

John Lewis have made another Christmas advert to make you fell all fuzzy inside...

£7 million that cost plus how much they paid ITV for exclusive rights to one ad break during X Factor.

On another note, one of my neighbours have already got their Xmas decs up. WTF?