Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I am most glad to hear that Willy now mind you don't get any soap in it !! wink.
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    I am most glad to hear that Willy now mind you don't get any soap in it !! wink.

Cheers Coggins :)>-
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Very good news indeed. The best I've heard all day.
    My pleasure I hope to be seeing more of you now that you're starting to get better.
    Just in time for my birthday and visit to Bristol next week :-bd
    Come on down to the Best City in the country if you have time maybe we could have a pint ?.
    drop me a PM ?.
    I'll see what I can do but may be too busy this time though.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Great to hear about your eye's improvement, Willy!

I put this on another thread, but I just thought I'd post this here, too. I am curious if anyone already knew this, about Sean's brother or about this old movie:

d3d70a8f-ec2c-464d-82ab-deab6b0cd91f_brothers-connery.jpg
    Neil Connery
    The younger brother of Bond star Sean, Neil’s most famous work came in 1967 - playing a British spy in Italian spoof ‘O.K. Connery’. The surreal (and very meta) plot saw the nation's best spy have to be replaced by his younger brother to take on an evil crime syndicate. Bizarrely, the movie also featured a number of other actors from the Bond franchise, including M star Bernard Lee, and Moneypenny actress Lois Maxwell.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited March 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Great to hear about your eye's improvement, Willy!

I put this on another thread, but I just thought I'd post this here, too. I am curious if anyone already knew this, about Sean's brother or about this old movie:

d3d70a8f-ec2c-464d-82ab-deab6b0cd91f_brothers-connery.jpg
    Neil Connery
    The younger brother of Bond star Sean, Neil’s most famous work came in 1967 - playing a British spy in Italian spoof ‘O.K. Connery’. The surreal (and very meta) plot saw the nation's best spy have to be replaced by his younger brother to take on an evil crime syndicate. Bizarrely, the movie also featured a number of other actors from the Bond franchise, including M star Bernard Lee, and Moneypenny actress Lois Maxwell.

Yes, I am familiar with this movie. I think it was mentioned in "The Essential Bond" book. It also had Adolfo Celli and Daniela Bianchi in it, I believe.
    That's cool. Has anyone seen it? It sounds like it would be fun to watch!
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 170
    <a href= O.K. Connery Trailer</a> Looks good

It looks hilarious (It was too much for me when Lois Maxwell appeared). Something rather reminiscent of CR67...

It looks hilarious (It was too much for me when Lois Maxwell appeared). Something rather reminiscent of CR67...

I dont think the word 'hilarious' and that crock of shite go together...

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Good to hear you're getting better, Willy. England needs you!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote:
    Good to hear you're getting better, Willy. England needs you!

And so do we.
    Thanks all. :-)
    barryt007 wrote:

I dont think the word 'hilarious' and that crock of shite go together...

Oh I don't know. Some scenes were so cringeworthy that I laughed in embarrassment.
    Miley Cyrus has done it again . . .
  • Good for you, Willy! Keep it (the British end) up!
    Thank you. I actually had the first decent night's sleep in 7 weeks. :-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Which do you prefer? The decent or indecent nights sleep?
    Always decent!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Congratulations, Willy. Now your ItchyEye can go back to being the golden one we all love so much.
    March 30th , 1979 : Drax' death scene was filmed........
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Congrats WIlly.

Vipers been seen in Oslo ski slopes recently......they're more poisonous during winter time.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 28
    Saw Spy who loved me at the tender age of six, roger moore left me shaking not stirred. :-?
    Showing my age now, but I remember this April Fool's joke from 25 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/21946903

I remember the mood in that very studio just two weeks later when the tragedy of Hillsborough unfolded before our eyes.
    I didn't care for the Graceland sink hole prank recently , city of Memphis really depends on that house for income.
    Martin Freeman will be portraying Richard III late this year it seems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26882999

Cumberbatch will be Hamlet (I forget when, this year), and Martin will be Richard III. Good to get those Shakespearean urges satisfied. :)