All the Bond actors in a fight - who wins?

Comments

• edited June 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Maybe I was thinking a bit of both, but people complain when Bond slaps around women in the series or gets a bit aggresive, but do it vice versa and have Bond on the receiving end from said women and it's simply not as big an issue. Maybe I was watching too much WWE at some point in time and thought it was a good idea, but maybe you're right, there is no place for such a thing in Bond, they tried it before, it didn't work, so maybe they should just leave it at that

Yeah, although the scene where Sophie Morceau tries to kill Brozza in TWINE is one of my favourite scenes in the entire series.
    Dalton would win. The others wouldn't even show up out of pure fear.

Seriously though, in real life, with all the actors in their prime, Lasenby would kick all their arses. I want so badly to say Dalton would win but it's true.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    In real life, Lazenby (assuming all are in their prime).

1 - Lazenby
    2 - Craig
    3 - Connery
    4 - Dalton
    5 - Moore
    But I put Moore, Dalton and Connery pretty close together)

1 - Lazenby
    2 - Craig
    3 - Connery
    4 - Dalton
    5 - Moore

Poor old Broz doesn't even get a mention?
    Getafix wrote:

1 - Lazenby
    2 - Craig
    3 - Connery
    4 - Brosnan
    5 - Dalton
    65 - Moore

Poor old Broz doesn't even get a mention?

Ha! Good point. And I love Brosnan. So he goes before Dalton.
    I love Roger, too, but I seem to keep putting him last in this fictional fight!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't know why so many think Laz would win. Experience, ok, but that doesn't mean you can utilize it in real time. Muscles, big whoop. Size doesn't constitute the winner of the fight. All Sean or Dan would have to do is shine a mirror at Laz, or give him a woman to sexually assault so that they could get the upper hand on him.
    Hmmm. They could probably outwit him, yeah.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Isn't Connery just as handy with his fists were women are concerned? But if we leave out the actors private lives (which I think is what we should do), and look at each of them when they were Bond, I think Lazenby would be the winner.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Isn't Connery just as handy with his fists were women are concerned? But if we leave out the actors private lives (which I think is what we should do), and look at each of them when they were Bond, I think Lazenby would be the winner.

Let me tell you a story. A story little Georgie could only dream of. The year is 1958, and Sean Connery is in the film Another Time, Another Place. His co-star is none other than Lana Turner, who was at the time in a relationship with Johnny Stompanato, a known bodyguard for gangster Mickey Cohen. Stompanato was no sloucher, standing large and tough. The film shoots over in England when Johnny storms the set in a jealous rage and confronts Sean, pointing a gun at him. Johnny warns Connery to keep away from Lana, and Connery grabs the gun out of Johnny's hand, twisting his wrist. Sean knocks him on his back, and Johnny runs off the set after the scuffle, banned from the set. A while later Johnny was murdered (stabbed to death) by Lana's daughter Cheryl Crane, who claimed self defense against Johnny, who was known for abusive tendencies. After his death, Sean laid low, because he was seen by the mob as a suspect for the murder.

Laz couldn't handle that.
    I knew about Lana's daughter stabbing JS, but not about Sean. Interesting and pre-Bond.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I don't know why so many think Laz would win. Experience, ok, but that doesn't mean you can utilize it in real time. Muscles, big whoop. Size doesn't constitute the winner of the fight. All Sean or Dan would have to do is shine a mirror at Laz, or give him a woman to sexually assault so that they could get the upper hand on him.

Laz taught hand to hand to the military and Bruce Lee wanted to work with him. If they're in all their prime, realisticly, I reckon Lazenby would win. Connery comes a close 2nd.

I would want Dalton to win though.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    who I think will win ? Lazenby.
    who I want to win ? Moore.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I had heard that story about Connery before. But as @thelivingroyale said, Lazenby taught unarmed combat in the Austrailian Army. Connery might be able to hold his own in a scuffle, but I reckon Lazenby would wipe the floor with him in a full on fight.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Who I want to win? Brosnan.
    Who I think would win? Craig. His fights are so gritty and quick, I think he would make a quick defeat in all of them.
    The above posts have a good format for this!

Who I want to Win: Pierce Brosnan
    Who Would Probably Win: Daniel Craig
    Who I Want to Lose First: George Lazenby
    Who I Think Would Lose First: Roger Moore
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @00Beast, I think I would agree 100% with that post.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Who I want to win: Timothy Dalton

Who I think would win: George Lazenby

Who I want to lose first: Don't care

Who I think would lose first: Roger Moore
    Who I want to win - Don't care/They shouldn't scrap

Who I think would win - as above

Who I want to lose first - as above

Who I think would lose first - as above

Thing is, I was maybe thinking, I know this is only a bit of fun, but seriously, if this ever took place when they were all featured (not now!), I wouldn't like the idea of various James Bond actors beating the crap out of each other just to determine who is best or biggest etc. Maybe I had a change of heart or something. These guys are supposed to be idolized by some and now we are having a scenario where they beat each other black and blue for - entertainment ? :-/

I still think though, Craig or Lazenby would be last man standing, the others just aren't feasible enough victors is all I can add
    Sean would beat them all and still have gas in the tank to drop Lee Marvin.
    Appearances mean nothing and nor do technical fight skills, in a proper scrap I would fancy my chances against Bruce Lee (if he was still alive obviously) or George Lazenby!
    Appearances mean nothing and nor do technical fight skills, in a proper scrap I would fancy my chances against Bruce Lee (if he was still alive obviously) or George Lazenby!

Never heard such a ridiculous quote. How do you define 'a proper scrap'? 2 people who get together and use none of their skills to beat lumps out of each other? What do they do, stand there and bitch slap each other.
    A proper scap envolves, lots of alcohol, a traffic cone and the remains of a doner kebab!
    LOLOL, absolutely, love it.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 1,052
    That's the usual standard of fight here in Bristol anyway!

what about individual matchups?

Connery Vs Lazenby

Moore Vs Brosnan

Dalton Vs Craig
    I've popped across from Newport (I'm a brummie but live here) to Bristol and thats just the women :)
    i assume you are using the term "women" very loosely!
    a Bristol woman would beat all the Bonds in a scrap!
    Getafix wrote:
    a Bristol woman would beat all the Bonds in a scrap!

sorry, you've crossed the line now!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    If they all had a fight now, I think Roger would probably beat Sean by an eyebrow, then Lazzers would kick Rog's stick away, Timbo would butt Lazzers, Brozzer would ignore Timbo and give Lazzers a good kicking while he was down, and finally Danny boy would step in and whip the other two into submission.

If all were in their prime I wouldn't bet against Lazzer.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Just in reply to page 2:

613773_700b_v1.jpg