Going away or coming back?

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nice.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It's a British saying at least.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    giphy.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hate April Fools around this damn place. :)) But this year I actually knew what the date was and came prepared to ward off any and all bullsh*t I read because of that, including this. Though I must say, the idea of @Thunderfinger being arrested by the totalitarian state did carry a hint of credibility to it, which I'm sure helped to deceive for a time. Nice try and good execution, Thundy, @jake24, @Creasy47 and whoever else was involved in this malicious and manipulative plot. ;)

But I'm seriously leaving forever, and won't post here ever again after midnight.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Cheers, Brady.

Btw, no one ever leaves MI6.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2018 Posts: 28,694
    jake24 wrote: »
    Btw, no one ever leaves MI6.
    Oh, trust me, @jake24, I know where the bodies are buried. I got @Birdleson really drunk one night and he spilled all the beans about how you deal with members with departure plans. He's barely had the mod position and he already thinks he's a big deal simply because the other moderators hand him a shovel and make him dig the holes for the burials. I'm still looking for where they buried @Christartos, but that may remain a mystery forever. I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm definitely not among friends here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brady, I knew you were on the alert after last year, but thanks for keeping quiet.
    @Thunderfinger, I wasn't really trying to keep the charade up, to be honest, it was just lucky timing. By the time I was online yesterday the prank was seeded and some fun was had ahead of time, so I didn't want to shout April Fools prematurely. I had to course correct when @Murdock did his own prank in the Bond comics thread, as I instantly felt bad for spoiling it and wanted to join in the hijinks a bit. Salvaged that one and had some fun at the same time, so happy with the result. When I see people playing tricks I usually step back and let them have at it, as long as it's in good taste and victimless. In other cases I'll even join in, as I did this year simply because I actually knew what day it was and could prepare accordingly for possible pranks in my midst!

Pranks can cross the line, however, so we must be careful. @jake24 making me think Dan had quit the role of Bond a couple years back, for instance, is unforgivable. Never forgive, never forget is my motto. That and "Orbis non sufficit," of course. ;)
    Haven't been feeling too well lately. Things aren't going well.

So I think I'm going to bail out.
    Not sure when I'll be back. I'll probably glance around to see if there's any news.
    Hopefully I'll feel better.

As Bond might say

Au revoir.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Not sure when I'll be back. I'll probably glance around to see if there's any news.

As Bond might say

Au revoir.
    Don't get lost, @ToTheRight! I enjoy your comments while you watch.
    Thanks, @mattjoes

I appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be back on that thread soon. Rough day today and just need to clear my head.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Take care, @ToTheRight, and see you soon I hope.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

As Bond might say

Au revoir.

You take care.
    Don't be a stranger @ToTheRight ,you are the main contributor to my 'Bond....comments while you watch' thread,it will be lost without you !
    That s too bad. You will be missed. Get better soon!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sometimes we all need a break
    @ToTheRight
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    @ToTheRight this place is already duller without you.
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. A supervisor at this job I was temping at didn't like the work I did and thought it was perfect appropriate to put his hands on me in a degrading, threatening manner. I spent the day raising hell and making waves. Basically I caused a lot of trouble for that company yesterday.
    I needed to cool down, get away from the internet and sleep a good nights sleep.

@barryt007, as your Bond comments thread remains my favorite....I'm on my way there now..............
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Ugh, what a vile thing to happen. I'm glad you kicked up a fuss about it and I hope you find a way better job soon.
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. A supervisor at this job I was temping at didn't like the work I did and thought it was perfect appropriate to put his hands on me in a degrading, threatening manner. I spent the day raising hell and making waves. Basically I caused a lot of trouble for that company yesterday.
    I needed to cool down, get away from the internet and sleep a good nights sleep.

@barryt007, as your Bond comments thread remains my favorite....I'm on my way there now..............

If he touched you in that fashion then you did the right thing..and then outside the office later on give him a good kick-in.

TND is a good choice of film to take your mind off that situation for a bit.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Ugh, what a vile thing to happen. I'm glad you kicked up a fuss about it and I hope you find a way better job soon.

Thanks! Luckily I still have my other PT job as a back up.
    barryt007 wrote: »

If he touched you in that fashion then you did the right thing..and then outside the office later on give him a good kick-in.

The supervisor probably thought he was being funny, yet in a disrespectful way. I'm glad I didn't really lose my cool and slaughter him. However as I left I ran into his boss and let him have a piece of my mind. He kind of froze. Then I went to the staffing agency that had sent me there and complained.

I wonder how Connery, the man would have handled that back in the day? I think he might have firmly told the guy to keep his hands to himself. Had I just done that, I'm positive he would have backed down and that might have been the end of it (nah, that would have meant I'd still be going to that rather crappy job today).
    Connery also might have knocked him down the way he did Johnny Stompanano.
    Or, he'd be talking to lawyers and getting some compensation for his trouble.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Thanks! Luckily I still have my other PT job as a back up.
    barryt007 wrote: »

The supervisor probably thought he was being funny, yet in a disrespectful way. I'm glad I didn't really lose my cool and slaughter him. However as I left I ran into his boss and let him have a piece of my mind. He kind of froze. Then I went to the staffing agency that had sent me there and complained.

I wonder how Connery, the man would have handled that back in the day? I think he might have firmly told the guy to keep his hands to himself. Had I just done that, I'm positive he would have backed down and that might have been the end of it (nah, that would have meant I'd still be going to that rather crappy job today).
    Connery also might have knocked him down the way he did Johnny Stompanano.
    Or, he'd be talking to lawyers and getting some compensation for his trouble.

I think he would have whacked him one..you could get away with it more in those days.
    The staffing company needs to take this up with the workplace you were sent to.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    There's no training for that. Inexcusable really.
    IR4AjiB.gif
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Birdleson wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    There's no training for that. Inexcusable really.
    IR4AjiB.gif

That's how I handled @Some_Kind_Of_Hero when he visited my workplace.

But it wasn’t his first time @Birdleson
    Kinky........
    Taking a road trip for a few days sans internet. Going old school. No lap top, no cell phone, no Blu-ray player (I guess that means no Bond).

Now what are the odds when I get back next week, the B25 thread will have gone several more pages, yet with very little news?

Maybe we'll have an official distribution announcement, cast, locations and title confirmed by the time I get back?

Nah, probably just more griping on the four year gap in which I will fully partake.

See you soon!
  • We know you'll be griping with us in spirit, @ToTheRight

Enjoy the trip!
    Thanks, guys! See you soon, or as Bond would say Au revoir!
    Do you know where you re heading, or will you just keep @ToTheRight and see where you end up? I think you will be back where you started in no time.