Going away or coming back?

Comments

• edited June 2018 Posts: 17,294
    @barryt007 been thinking of having a short break myself after England win the World Cup lol hopefully see you back soon mate.

If England win the World Cup, we expect to hear from @barryt007 on the "Back of the net!" thread! :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    If England win, you'll just have to open a window to hear Barryt007 ;-)
    If England win, you'll just have to open a window to hear Barryt007 ;-)

If the wind is in the right direction, who knows? Only need to reach from Britain to Norway anyway! :))
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Hope to see you back soon @barryt007
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hey Baz, I apologize if all my cruel jokes aimed in your general direction had something to do with this- you have to understand they were too tempting not to post at the time/s. I hope you leaving, is just a matter of your lovely new wife reigning you in a bit if you're spending more time on this forum than with her :))

All the best mate, take care and hope to see you back soon!
    Agreed we want to see you back @barryt007 ..... As your front is no oil painting. ;-)
    With no news on Bond, it is an unexciting time for all of us.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @barryt007 like all of the above have expressed, we don't want to see you gone for too long. A break for a while is acceptable (though not great) but you're part of the furniture, a veteran member with a lot to offer to the forum and its members. Don't be gone too long. Who'll defend Octopussy with me?
    Jeez, Barry's an OP fan? Good riddance then, I say! :P

Anonymous mod edit: ...And you're a very rare breed, @QBranch. Soon to be made extinct.
    Benny wrote: »
    @barryt007 like all of the above have expressed, we don't want to see you gone for too long. A break for a while is acceptable (though not great) but you're part of the furniture, a veteran member with a lot to offer to the forum and its members. Don't be gone too long. Who'll defend Octopussy with me?

Here! Love that film!
    I agree. Great, underrated film.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Sorry peeps x I might have given the wrong impression x I will be back just taking a short break for a while (until England win the WC ,which might be another 60 years he he ).
    No seriously I have some personal things to sort out but will be back ASAP n will leave myself logged in to check on B25 news x adios for now amigos !!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    See you soon buddy
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Sorry peeps x I might have given the wrong impression x I will be back just taking a short break for a while (until England win the WC ,which might be another 60 years he he ).
    No seriously I have some personal things to sort out but will be back ASAP n will leave myself logged in to check on B25 news x adios for now amigos !!

Good lad!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Good luck with the sorting my friend! And is seems England's still in the game after it fought of the penalty deamon, who knows what may happen. According to QI since yesterday Hell truly looks like:

hell_freezes_over.jpg
    It's time for me to take a break for a while. No idea how long. Could be short or long; we'll just have to see! Have fun everyone.
    Enjoy your downtime @FoxRox
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Take it easy @FoxRox
    @FoxRox Have a good one, mate.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We shall keep your seat vacant.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,810
    This seems like the right thread in which to post this:

After a hiatus of exactly one month of non-posting here (my longest hiatus yet I believe) due to some issues that needed resolved I wish to announce my return to active posting for the time being at least.

I know my return to posting here will no doubt be a disappointment to some but you can't win 'em all I'm afraid. You can't please everyone all of the time, no matter how hard you try.

There are still some posts and new threads I want to create here, although the deep well of inspiration inspiration may be running a little dry by this stage in the proceedings. All I ask for now is that you bear with me.

I've always made it a condition of any online forum membership that I continue to contribute only with the democratic mandate of the support of the majority of the members.

I trust that I still have this majority (otherwise I would not be returning at all) but if any members here feel that I do not then please display the courage to get in contact with me via PM or by replying to this post in this thread.

That's all for now.

D.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Welcome back @Dragonpol
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Glad you’re back @Dragonpol
    @Dragonpol Welcome back, old boy. Was wondering where you went. Please stick around, for the sake of the cats.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    @Dragonpol, welcome back!
    Good to have you back @Dragonpol
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    This place isn't the same without you, @Dragonpol
    Strange ...... @Dragonpol has been away for a month ? The world cup has been on for a month ? England is coming home, and Dragonpol now has more free time. ? ........ which one of the England players are you really Dragonpol ? ;-)
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,810
    Thanks chaps. It's good to be back again. :)

@Thunderpussy - I'm afraid I've not even seen one match of this World Cup. I never was much of a football fan but I usually watch the final match at the very least.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I'm afraid I've not even seen one match of this World Cup.
    Same. But I'm obsessed with other cups.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Insanity.

Not watching the World Cup or liking Never Send Flowers so much?