Going away or coming back?

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    You don't have to answer all at the same time. :) Point taken.

Back to topic. Again.
    Without going into detail, there was a breaking of forum rules. A second chance was offered but the member instead wished for his account to be deactivated.
    Both Jason and Andi? Damn.

I do hope their departure was amicable.

---

Regarding a desire to have lived in a past era, I think that comes from the perspective of being alive in the present, which leads one to sugarcoat the past a bit and take certain positive things for granted when that shouldn't be the case. Having said that, I'm not sure happiness is a function of the historical times. I suspect people learn to be similarly happy whenever they're born, under whatever circumstances. If that's true, then living in the past, while not worse, would not be better either. My own concern and anxiety about the future is that communication and technology appear to be taking giant steps and I just can't possibly begin to understand what the world will be like in the future.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yes. You let that slide ;-)
    Yes...like a puck on the ice. That's what they do in that sport, yes?...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sorry old boy. If it's not Cricket...... I wouldn't
    Know about these sports from the colonies :-D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sorry old boy. If it's not Cricket...... I wouldn't
    Know about these sports from the colonies :-D
    @Thunderpussy, can't blame you. I don't know how anyone could have any faith in a country who calls one of their biggest sports "football" despite the fact that a foot is only used about 3% of the time. I'm as embarrassed as any outsider, I assure you, and if that's not rough enough I'm such a fan of the Brits and their culture that I call soccer by its true name to the confusion of all my fellow Americans.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Is that the same country where they play the 'world series' with teams of only one nation, in a sport that's so boring people go there to have family barbeque's instead of following what's o the field?

And on that 'living in the wrong time', I ask: are you aware that technology is once more saving the day and clean energy is taking over? That we're now capable of building rockets ready to go to mars? That there's an electric car making its way there now?

But I can understand the feeling if you're an US citizen, it's always painfull when the political system fails. You can always ask Belgians for moral support, they've had a politically failing system for ages now...

(but it would be nice if those Republicans finally entered the 20th century, or maybe even the 21st. That 19th is a bit old b now).
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,313
    Is that the same country where they play the 'world series' with teams of only one nation, in a sport that's so boring people go there to have family barbeque's instead of following what's o the field?

Wait, what?! In which sport?
    Just read the discussion about "living in the wrong time". For all it's nostalgia, I wouldn't want to live in any other period, be it the 40's, 50's or 60's. Heard enough stories from relatives about living before, during and after WW2 to be very happy to grow up in another era.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Take care, @Remington and see you later. Here is the thread you were looking for.
    All right, folks. I have to tell you that from Tuesday, I may or may not have internet access for the next 18 months. If I don t, @Creasy47 has been so kind as to take over my tournament thread. I have sent him a list of the matches we have been through so far.

I hope I will be back in full a little sooner, maybe a year if I am lucky.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    All right, folks. I have to tell you that from Tuesday, I may or may not have internet access for the next 18 months. If I don t, @Creasy47 has been so kind as to take over my tournament thread. I have sent him a list of the matches we have been through so far.

Log on with your mobile phone mate

They re taking it away. To tell the truth I am being locked up for a while. I haven t done anything immoral, mind you. And I didn t even know a couple of folks I provided with recreational substances were underage. The state mafia doesn t care.

Seeing that sharia is coming here, It s just as well.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,588
    So now you're a convict lecturing me about morality? That's rich.

Feel free to take a hike, mate.

The law isn t about morality. It s about protecting the interests of the state. Under your precious sharia, they would hang me. That s morality for you.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

They re taking it away. To tell the truth I am being locked up for a while. I haven t done anything immoral, mind you. And I didn t even know a couple of folks I provided with recreational substances were underage. The state mafia doesn t care.

Well whatever the situation is take it easy

Well whatever the situation is take it easy

And not drop the soap, I know.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

The law isn t about morality. It s about protecting the interests of the state. Under your precious sharia, they would hang me. That s morality for you.
    You don't know what you're talking about. Have fun behind bars.

You don't know what you're talking about. Have fun behind bars.

The compassion of muslims...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Keep it cool, friends! I won't go into the details too heavily unless @Thunderfinger wishes to do so, but you'll be missed and I'll be more than happy to keep your threads updated while you're gone. Hold on to the soap!
    Thanks, glad not the whole modhood has entered into islamic psychosis.
    You're going to see how fast karma will come to you. You're completely delusional and you can go to hell.

Here's hoping for more years behind bars than the generous year those lollipops gave you.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You're going to see how fast karma will come to you. You're completely delusional and you can go to hell.

Here's hoping for more years behind bars than the generous year those lollipops gave you.

Seems you two won't be entering this hiatus on a good note...

With sharia creeping ever closer, we all will. Although not all of us voluntarily.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 13,894
    Alright, enough, knock it off. If you want to argue (and this is getting personal), take it elsewhere.
    Alright, enough, knock it off. If you want to argue (and this is getting personal), take it elsewhere.

We have. The religion thread.
    fb_post_april-1_v1.jpg
    Happy April fools, folks!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 13,894
    It's a good thing that I was brought up knowing about the 12 o'clock rule. As it is currently 21:07. :D
    It only works if it's before 12 noon lol
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yep. The joke's on them. ;)
    Never heard of this rule.
    Never heard of this rule.

It s a muslim rule.