Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @ToTheRight, figures. Algernon is a bit of a tool. When I broke my watch in the field and requested a replacement he went and grabbed me a miniature sundial from archives. Thought he was a clever bugger, he did. Could've cleaned his clock right then and there, no pun intended.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Q installed a new keyboard for me, so it looks as though I can comment again.
    Had it been Ben Whishaw's Q I'd have new laptop, but since it was Algernon I plugged an external keyboard into my old laptop.
    Therefore, @ToTheRight is back out of retirement.

I remember I had to do that too back in 2005 when I accidentally spilled orange juice all over my laptop keyboard while working on my History dissertation. Thankfully I've managed not to do anything like that since!
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Q installed a new keyboard for me, so it looks as though I can comment again.
    Had it been Ben Whishaw's Q I'd have new laptop, but since it was Algernon I plugged an external keyboard into my old laptop.
    Therefore, @ToTheRight is back out of retirement.

I remember I had to do that too back in 2005 when I accidentally spilled orange juice all over my laptop keyboard while working on my History dissertation. Thankfully I've managed not to do anything like that since!

Haha! My laptop fell off my coffee table last year. However, certain keys have only begun to fail on me recently, so I don't know if there's a connection. It is six years old, and gets plenty of use considering how often I like to comment while watching the Bonds. :D

@ToTheRight, figures. Algernon is a bit of a tool. When I broke my watch in the field and requested a replacement he went and grabbed me a miniature sundial from archives. Thought he was a clever bugger, he did. Could've cleaned his clock right then and there, no pun intended.

:D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 13,933
    @ToTheRight on his new PC:

52459098307_f6b79f8d7f_c.jpg
    ^@ToTheRight (to the right)
    QBranch wrote: »
    @ToTheRight on his new PC:

52459098307_f6b79f8d7f_c.jpg

:D Perfect!
    Been posting sparingly lately as my technical difficulties continue. My laptop is dying a slow painful death. :(
    I have a sentimental attachement to it as it was a gift from my late girlfriend.
    A replacement is inevitable but it may take a little time. Everyone I know uses their phones for internet use. I'm so old school I have a landline. Someday I'll join the 21st century. In the meantime I have a potential replacement for my laptop on the horizon and look forward to many hours of Bond commenting once I have it set up.

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    That is sad.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    You'll get there, @ToTheRight. Stay strong. Stay connected.

Future happy times:

52501530350_5f7302bc31_o.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Been posting sparingly lately as my technical difficulties continue. My laptop is dying a slow painful death. :(
    I have a sentimental attachement to it as it was a gift from my late girlfriend.
    A replacement is inevitable but it may take a little time. Everyone I know uses their phones for internet use. I'm so old school I have a landline. Someday I'll join the 21st century. In the meantime I have a potential replacement for my laptop on the horizon and look forward to many hours of Bond commenting once I have it set up.

I'm so old school I have a desktop computer! Phones are useful but I wouldn't use one to read and post here unless it was some kind of emergency.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm back.
    I could say I never left, but that would not be quite truthful. B-)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Lovely to see you @4EverBonded
    You’ve been MIA far too long.
    Thanks, Benny. :)
    I'll be staying awhile now. I think.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @4EverBonded fancy seeing you here!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome back, @4EverBonded!
    I thought about you recently, when remembering Sir Henry, who passed away 9 years ago... He was a close friend of both yours and mine.
    I was just thinking about you and was planning in reaching out. So happy to have you back!
    Always very happy to see a classic member return, thanks for coming back @4EverBonded. All of you are my online family <3
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Good to see you back, @4EverBonded!
    Thanks so much, guys!! I really appreciate the welcome back. It just took me awhile. @DarthDimi I almost came back to write on Greg's wall again for his birthday in November, but it wasn't the right time for me. Today feels right to be back. (I think of Greg pretty often, actually.)

Maybe "elder" or "senior" is more accurate than "classic" @FoxRox; but thanks!

It's a miracle, isn't it, @chrisisall? ;)

So all you charmers and stouthearted 007 fans, what's up with you and your lives? Give me a PM; that would be lovely. I need to reconnect with several of you. Thought of you more than a couple of times, @Birdleson. Let's catch up in a bit. Cheers!
    :)>-
    Cheers, @Agent_99 ! So thanks guys AND gals. B-)
    Taking off now. Too overwhelmed these days.. I may lurk when things settle, right now not much to post about.
    Take care and be well.

Taking off now. Too overwhelmed these days.. I may lurk when things settle, right now not much to post about.
    Take care and be well.

Take care @ToTheRight. I know things have been rough. You always have a family here!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sorry to see you go @ToTheRight
    Hope we see you sooner rather than later.
    As @FoxRox said, you always have a home here.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @ToTheRight take care mate
    You'll be back soon!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Breaks are sometimes necessary, @ToTheRight. Look out for yourself and take whatever time you need. We will all be awaiting your return and will always be here for you as needed. Take care of yourself till then.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Stay well, @ToTheRight! Welcome back anytime.
    Take care @ToTheRight! Hope to see you back soon!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Wishing you all the best on your break, @ToTheRight. Don't stay away too long though!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Take care and be well.
    Oh No! Now I won’t have any excuses to post pictures of the lovely Lana Turner. :))
    Seriously, be sure to take care of yourself and you’ll always be welcomed back when you decide to return.

A toast to you based on one of our shared passions:
    4195104-2960204.jpg?ae=2716479151

As Eddie would say: “See you in the Shadows.”
    Be well my friend.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Take it easy @ToTheRight keep positive.