Going away or coming back?

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Well, well, well, the prodigal son has returned. Great to see you @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 , truly great.

Like @thelivingroyale I too got burnt out over my repeat discussions. What more could I have to say about all things Bondian? Yet I enjoyed flitting in and out of discussions, where I thought my observations provided a spin.

I enjoyed NTTD immensely. I'm anticipating reading your thoughts Brady.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2021 Posts: 28,694
    I had shared every conceivable opinion on every topic or film I cared to at that time, and after seven years of those kinds of discussions I just didn't feel there was as much for me to say anymore. A break from Bond was needed so that I could explore different things and get a break from a franchise that I loved, but that I had given an extensive amount of time and energy to for endless years through some of the heftiest contributions and highest post counts this forum has still ever seen. Clearly I had said A LOT about Bond, from every angle imaginable, and for a while I thought my work was done.

I can relate to this mate. Had a similar realisation a few years ago, which is why I don’t post anywhere near as much as I used to anymore. Just felt like I was repeating myself after a while.

But anyway, what a nice surprise to see you back! I’ve missed your posts and the effort you always put into them, and I‘m really looking forward to reading your thoughts on NTTD.
    royale65 wrote: »
    Well, well, well, the prodigal son has returned. Great to see you @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 , truly great.

Like @thelivingroyale I too got burnt out over my repeat discussions. What more could I have to say about all things Bondian? Yet I enjoyed flitting in and out of discussions, where I thought my observations provided a spin.

I enjoyed NTTD immensely. I'm anticipating reading your thoughts Brady.

Thank you, gents, you're very sweet. It's wonderful to see you both again as well.

With some time away, it's just good to be back, and I look forward to rewatching Bond films I haven't seen in years and seeing what new impressions I have on them, and continuing my more in-depth reviews for all the ones I didn't get to. Should be a ride.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

You're late! Where the bloody hell have you been? Lucky you turned up when you did, or 0BradyM0Bondfanatic8 would've replaced you!

Great to see you here my friend, completely understand the feeling of being a bit deflated after having said everything you want to. Much like @thelivingroyale and @royale65, I post a little less these days, but I read nearly everything.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the new film, as well as other media that gets released. Have you been reading the comics?

Have fun re-watching all* the old films. It's great to have a long break from them and then come back with new perspectives thanks to being a little older and a little wiser.

*You've only got four days. Don't spend your time sitting around.

Oh, and here is your pass:

51106757561_e7645d85ae.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A warm welcome back to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7!

You've certainly been missed! I always held out hope that you'd one day return here and I'm delighted that you have. I always enjoyed the in-depth analysis and knowledge that you brought to the table and I look forward to more of that from you! :)
    edited November 2021 Posts: 17,809
    QBranch wrote: »
    51106757561_e7645d85ae.jpg

A Rubik's cube inside a glass jar?! Is there no end to your talents, @QBranch?
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    It's on Q's desk, but sadly, probably didn't make it into the frame.
    It's on Q's desk, but sadly, probably didn't make it into the frame.

Ah, I see. I'm glad the jelly snakes did, though. 🐍
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2021 Posts: 28,694
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

You're late! Where the bloody hell have you been? Lucky you turned up when you did, or 0BradyM0Bondfanatic8 would've replaced you!
    That'd be fine. It's just a number, after all. B-)
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the new film, as well as other media that gets released. Have you been reading the comics?
    Haven't read the comics, no. Have a little interest, but on the whole not all that motivated. The reception seems mixed. I was interested in seeing how far the Fleming adaptations would go, but was sad to see they ended with LALD and that was that. I can only assume they didn't sell well, which is a shame if true.

You've certainly been missed! I always held out hope that you'd one day return here and I'm delighted that you have. I always enjoyed the in-depth analysis and knowledge that you brought to the table and I look forward to more of that from you! :)
    Cheers, @Dragonpol . It was wonderful to return and see that familiar profile picture again. Glad some things never change. ;-)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Cheers, @Dragonpol . It was wonderful to return and see that familiar profile picture again. Glad some things never change. ;-)
    Unlike some of us maniacs who change our avatars all the time!
    mattjoes wrote: »

I can't change mine at this point. It's always been golden Connery, and so it shall continue to be. If I changed it, nobody would know who I was. ;-)

Of course you would know all about change, you homeless street musician you.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

I can't change mine at this point. It's always been golden Connery, and so it shall continue to be. If I changed it, nobody would know who I was. ;-)
    TREVELYAN: I would.

Of course you would know all about change, you homeless street musician you.
    :))
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Haven't read the comics, no. Have a little interest, but on the whole not all that motivated. The reception seems mixed. I was interested in seeing how far the Fleming adaptations would go, but was sad to see they ended with LALD and that was that. I can only assume they didn't sell well, which is a shame if true.

Thanks, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. Yes, I recall you saying in the past how much you liked my avatar. I love it myself. I first discovered it back in 2013 a while after I joined when I did a Google Images search for a suitable avatar to match the Dragonpol username. I think I just typed in something like "Man in a chair painting" and there it was. I've been using it on and off pretty much ever since but have decided to stick with it now as I love it so much. I know it had given a few members nightmares (it's the eyes) but I'm keeping it. It comes from the cover of a 1927 Robert Kraft novel that translates from the German as Loke Klingsor: The Man with the Devil Eyes. Quite appropriate! 😀 😈
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Golden Connery is the best.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Great to see you around again man, hope everything is good.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Thanks, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. Yes, I recall you saying in the past how much you liked my avatar. I love it myself. I first discovered it back in 2013 a while after I joined when I did a Google Images search for a suitable avatar to match the Dragonpol username. I think I just typed in something like "Man in a chair painting" and there it was. I've been using it on and off pretty much ever since but have decided to stick with it now as I love it so much. I know it had given a few members nightmares (it's the eyes) but I'm keeping it. It comes from the cover of a 1927 Robert Kraft novel that translates from the German as Loke Klingsor: The Man with the Devil Eyes. Quite appropriate! 😀 😈

@Dragonpol, I remember you frequently changing your profile image in the past, which is part of why I was pleasantly surprised to see the same old one being there. I like it because it sort of feels like a reverse Blofeld, a dude with a full head of hair with a black cat instead of a white one. I like to think it's Bond from an alternate reality where he's the head of SPECTRE instead. ;-)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Golden Connery is the best.

Absolutely. I think I only ever had one other image before it, a purple gun barrel design with Craig in the middle of in a shooting stance, but once I had that Connery one it just stuck, and people linked me to it synonymously, so I couldn't ever bring myself to change it. I light of his passing, it feels especially suitable to keep it as it is, as a nice representation of his legacy.
    jake24 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Great to see you around again man, hope everything is good.

@jake24, great to see you again too, buddy. It's been too long. Things are alright with me, and I hope you're doing good too.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

@Dragonpol, I remember you frequently changing your profile image in the past, which is part of why I was pleasantly surprised to see the same old one being there. I like it because it sort of feels like a reverse Blofeld, a dude with a full head of hair with a black cat instead of a white one. I like to think it's Bond from an alternate reality where he's the head of SPECTRE instead. ;-)

Yes, I used to change my profile picture frequently in the early days as I could never quite seem to find one that I was entirely happy with. When I decided upon my current avatar I later realised that it was iconic and that I needed to keep it as it was the best fit for my username. As a result I actually haven't changed it since April 2019 when I very briefly tried the other Dragonpol avatar (the one with the dragon head on the globe) just to see how it looked on the new mobile site upgrade that occurred at that time. I agree that it has a kind of alternative reality Blofeld or Bond vibe to it. It also looks slightly like me and my cat so that's another reason why I like to keep it in situ. :)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Yes, I used to change my profile picture frequently in the early days as I could never quite seem to find one that I was entirely happy with. When I decided upon my current avatar I later realised that it was iconic and that I needed to keep it as it was the best fit for my username. As a result I actually haven't changed it since April 2019 when I very briefly tried the other Dragonpol avatar (the one with the dragon head on the globe) just to see how it looked on the new mobile site upgrade that occurred at that time. I agree that it has a kind of alternative reality Blofeld or Bond vibe to it. It also looks slightly like me and my cat so that's another reason why I like to keep it in situ. :)

That's cool, @Dragonpol. Glad you finally settled on a definite image. I know I'm not the only one that holds you as synonymous with that image, and it fits you so well. Out of all the profile pictures members have had over the years, I'd definitely rank yours way up there, if not in first place.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

That's cool, @Dragonpol. Glad you finally settled on a definite image. I know I'm not the only one that holds you as synonymous with that image, and it fits you so well. Out of all the profile pictures members have had over the years, I'd definitely rank yours way up there, if not in first place.

Thanks, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! I'm glad I finally found an avatar that was a keeper. The image does fit my online persona quite well I think. One always projects a little more with an online identity but I trust I'm not too much different in real life! I think it is very distinctive and memorable so that's why I like to keep it firmly in place.
    Draggers, your avatar is so you, just like mine is so me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I am also in that club, finally.

Thanks. "Wee Dragonpol" as someone once called him has become part of my life now. I know some people find it intense or scary but I just see a classic yet rather obscure painting from close to a hundred years ago. Me without that avatar would be like Frank Sidebottom without Little Frank and that's not gooooodddd:

Being-Frank-The-Chris-Sievey-Story-still-10-Frank-Sidebottom-and-Little-Frank-photo-credit-Chris-Sievey-archive.jpg?fit=500%2C529&ssl=1

I am also in that club, finally.

Well, for a few days anyway... ;)
  • I am backed. I was Signed_By_RogerMoore in a previous life but forgot my log in details. A LOT has changed in my life since my last visit in June 2017. All very positive. This was great, especially when I first joined in 2012. Some great friends and moments.

Not sure how often I will be here but as long as I am, I will continue to evangelise about Octopussy as I always have ;)
    Welcome backed Signed!
    @SignedByRogerMoore, just came back myself, and you're definitely one I remember from way back when. Welcome back, sir. Hope you're well.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @SignedByRogerMoore, just came back myself, and you're definitely one I remember from way back when. Welcome back, sir. Hope you're well.

Who can forget? It s a great user name and avatar.
  • @SignedByRogerMoore, just came back myself, and you're definitely one I remember from way back when. Welcome back, sir. Hope you're well.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 , it is fantastic to see you back. An exceptionally talented individual, always one I respected and liked. I hope all is well with you and you have kept safe and well.

Who can forget? It s a great user name and avatar.

Thank you very much @Thunderfinger - one of the Simpsons best gags! Haha
    Welcome back again, @SignedByRogerMoore. I remember your old avatar too. Great username!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 , it is fantastic to see you back. An exceptionally talented individual, always one I respected and liked. I hope all is well with you and you have kept safe and well.

That is very sweet of you, @SignedByRogerMoore. Right back at you! ;-)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Gonna try to limit my participation here to weekends for a little while; getting far too distracted at work now that I'm back in the office. ;) If anyone sees me post during the week and feels like giving me a quick "GET BACK TO WORK!" that would be extremely appropriate. :))