Going away or coming back?

Comments

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    You don't need to work. Stay.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    As soon as I figure out how to monetize being a Bond fan, I’ll be back full time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hey, folks. Not sure when the last time was that I posted, but it's shockingly been quite a few months. Genuinely didn't think it was that long. Long story short, life has been very busy and hectic since the new year began, so I just haven't been active over here. Been torn in about eighty different directions, at home and at work, and had to focus on essentials. Got involved in a very heated attempt at a strike at work that has completely fizzled out now to my frustration, and have been helping some friends and other loved ones going through some tough times at the moment, so I haven't been spending much time at home lately. Also had a recent computer casualty that I had to deal with in order to be active online again, so now I'm able to reconnect with you all using a device that can move faster than a tranquilized sloth unlike my last model.

I probably won't be insanely active again for a while yet, but I just wanted to update anyone who maybe noticed I once again fell off the grid. I'm mostly good save a few things, just very, very preoccupied. I won't be gone for another three or four years though, I assure you. ;-). Still have a lot of unfinished business here, including a need to go back to my No Time To Die review and get that all in order since I was in the middle of it when life got crazy. I picked the film up on Blu-ray last weekend knowing I'd need to go back to it later, and having it on hand to review section by section will help in my writing process. Not going to bother giving a timeline on that, as I know better at this point, but I will finish it at one point or another when life quiets down again (praying now).
    Thanks for checking in @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 . I was just wondering where you’d gotten to.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Hurray! glad to see you back @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 !! And looking foreward to your review!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Thanks for checking in @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 . I was just wondering where you’d gotten to.

No problem. I don't worry too much about people wondering about me these days, as @PropertyOfALady and I talk regularly and he knows all that goes on with me day to day. If anything needed communicated, it's nice to know I have him on hand.
    Hurray! glad to see you back @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 !! And looking foreward to your review!

Cheers, @CommanderRoss. I'll endeavor to have it done before we're both soiling ourselves in retirement homes.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Good to see you back among us, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. We've missed you here. I hope things start to settle down for you again soon. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I bet that review will be insanely long, but I promise I will read it. I am curious about what you think.
    It will be hard to top @Revelator 's NTTD review in terms of length.

Let s see. If someone can do it, Brady s the man.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 has returned to us, praise the lord.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95296efbb46469557be481d7737786f4159d5ef0529&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Good to see you back among us, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. We've missed you here. I hope things start to settle down for you again soon. :)

@Dragonpol, I'll try to keep poking my head in, here or there. Just wanted folks to know I hadn't gone the way of the dinosaur.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I bet that review will be insanely long, but I promise I will read it. I am curious about what you think.

Let s see. If someone can do it, Brady s the man.

@Thunderfinger, you know how I am. I'll go to my death giving a long-winded speech about life and my demise. I don't know how much Revelator wrote, but I'm currently at 14 pages last time I checked and barely even got into the meat of the review beyond discussing the main and supporting characters.

Part of my frustration was knowing how massive the analysis was growing, when it was just meant to be an initial impressions review, so I just decided to make a full-on and comprehensive review of it like the Connery films I reviewed and posted here and on my Bond blog. And with how long the movie has been out, and now that I have NTTD on hand to watch whenever I want, that makes the most sense to me.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 has returned to us, praise the lord.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95296efbb46469557be481d7737786f4159d5ef0529&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

@MajorDSmythe, cheers. I'll always be happy to be represented by Mitch, in whatever form it is.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

No problem. I don't worry too much about people wondering about me these days, as @PropertyOfALady and I talk regularly and he knows all that goes on with me day to day. If anything needed communicated, it's nice to know I have him on hand.

Cheers, @CommanderRoss. I'll endeavor to have it done before we're both soiling ourselves in retirement homes.

I am Brady's #2.

I am Brady's #2.

Who is #1? I am #6.

I am Brady's #2.

Who is #1? I am #6.

Frank Sinatra.

I am Brady's #2.

Who is #1? I am #6.

Frank Sinatra.

In that case he's Top of the Pops!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Popping in after 3 years.
    That was an unexpected pleasure. Don t be a stranger.
    Thanks. I'll be around more often.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome back mate, I often wondered where you got to. Would like to hear your thoughts on NTTD sometime.
    Good to see you back @doubleoego , 3 years ago would have been around the time of the first NTTD delays , at least we have the film now!
    Good to see you around again, @doubleoego. Hope you're well. A few years away can definitely be needed after a while.
    Welcome back, @doubleoego. Good to see you around these parts again.
    Thanks, all. I had a lot going on and needed a break from too much time spent online in general. Now, I hope to be more active going forward. @QBranch, I'll get to sharing my thoughts on NTTD soon.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 15,818
    May not post as much due to technical difficulties. My laptop is malfuntioning here and there. Let's see, though...........
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    May not post as much due to technical difficulties. My laptop is malfuntioning here and there. Let's see, though...........
    Leave it with me - I haven't had a cuppa yet and I'm still in my pyjamas.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Whats the issue with the laptop? Are you able to access the site using your mobile phone.
    Now pay attention, this looks like an ordinary cellular communication device, but one that has been outfitted with the latest in interconnected networking capabilities. You call it an 'unnecessarily complicated contraption'; We call it the 'mobile phone'.
    Q installed a new keyboard for me, so it looks as though I can comment again.
    Had it been Ben Whishaw's Q I'd have new laptop, but since it was Algernon I plugged an external keyboard into my old laptop.
    Therefore, @ToTheRight is back out of retirement.
    Haha, the budget slashing teaches a man to improvise. Now, where did I put my mug.