Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• edited March 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Kill has actually FALLEN for me a bit in recent times thanks to some laughable acting sometimes and some pretty poor cinematography.

I do like the film but I don't think LTK has the class, sophistication, style and humour of SF. Regardless of what us hardcore fans may think Ltk will NEVER have the same reputation as SF. Despite its commendable qualities I don't think it really deserves to either.

I say this as someone who used to have LTK in my top 5
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Double post
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    LTK, easily. I do like Skyfall but LTK is my favourite Bond film.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    LTK, easily. I do like Skyfall but LTK is my favourite Bond film.
    If LTK had a Barry score it would be mine as well, but TLD edges it out of #1 by just the tiniest of bits...
  • Though my opinion of SF has gotten more favorable lately, I'd still take Licence to Kill any day of the week. Better action, better story, classic villain. I don't think any other Bond film fits its Bond better.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,972
    Wow, it looks like LTK has a LTK SF.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    LTK, for now.
    QBranch wrote:
    Wow, it looks like LTK has a LTK SF.

So funny! :)) :))
    This is a tough one, LTK and SF might be the movies I've seen most times of the entire series..

I guess I'll vote SF but it's a really really tough call
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    SF wins this easily for me. It has a few flaws but stands head and shoulders above LTK.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Although I enjoy Skyfall, and an old school friend has a small role in it, Dalton is my favourite Bond, and I love LTK, so that wins it for me!

Let me guess. Albert Finney?

Ha, ha. Not quite. It's Paul Venables. He has a none speaking role during the inquiry scene. He's next to Clair Dowar MP, on the left side of the screen (Helen McCrory's right).
    Tough one this. SF edges it for me. However, as others have pointed out already, had LTK been serviced with better cinematography and a Barry score, it would no doubt be near top of the pile.
    Now that is a match up? Reluctantly I will go with LTK.
    Skyfall - simply because License to Kill doesn't have the feel of a James Bond movie

Sure, Dalton didn't indulge in such absurdities as being shot off of moving trains, falling off waterfalls and surviving sub-zero ice water for a prolonged period of time or some other feats of implausible survival, but for the most part, it tried to resemble what a James Bond release should entail

Dalton is the better Bond for sure, and provides a superlative performance, but other than that, it's a largely disappointing "adventure". Skyfall would appear to be the better overall release. Isn't restricted to just the one or two locations (Florida Keys, Mexico) also for good measure, and (with Skyfall) Bond gets a chance to be a little more ubiquitous
    Hmmm this is a toughie....

Nope,cant split them,i will have to go for a draw.
    SF is #8 on my list ,and LTK is #9 !!
    LTK, mainly because it has Dalton in it. I am not the biggest fan of LTK, but regard Dalton as a superior Bond. DC is solid, but ultimately a little lacking in the light and shade I expect from a top notch Bond.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    edited March 2014 Posts: 578
    SF, it is my favourite Bond movie!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,812
    Wow, I haven't seen this thread for awhile!

My vote is for Skyfall. LTK is a fine movie but doesn't feel too much like a Bond film. I'm not a big fan of renegade Bond which is why LTK and QoS are ranked fairly low on my list.
    Although, seeing how much love LTK is getting is making me want to watch it soon. Maybe then I'll have a slightly different opinion on it.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,107
    Licence To Kill left me shaken, not stirred. Just how it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RDjow4uTso
    Skyfall wins it for me. My last viewing of it was very positive =)
    LTK at least made sense to me.
    SaintMark wrote:
    LTK at least made sense to me.
    It was down & dirty, mostly no nonsense, and had one hell of a showdown.

Skyfall
    But LTK has great moments too. Perhaps there are artistic elements that could've been improved: the score, photography and taking away that damn winking fish!
    Birdleson wrote:
    And the bar fight.

I've always found the bar fight to be quite enjoyable, apart from what goes on with the civilians in the bar; the action with Bond, Pam, Dario, and his thugs is pretty entertaining. One of my favorite scenes in the movie, I'd say!
    0013 wrote:
    Skyfall
    But LTK has great moments too. Perhaps there are artistic elements that could've been improved: the score, photography and taking away that damn winking fish!

Dont get me started on that bloody fish !!
    Why oh why,after a dark,serious film did they have to put that there at the last moment !!
    When i saw that at the cinema i was totally peed off and people in the audience were saying things like 'WTF' etc ?

Embarrassing...... ~X(
    barryt007 wrote:
    Why oh why,after a dark,serious film did they have to put that there at the last moment !!
    Well mate, the bloody fish winks every so often. And they used it. I don't mind it a bit.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,274
    Kind of a nitpick if you ask me. It doesn't bother me too badly, but I would agree I'd preferably not include it. John Glen...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm okay with the winking fish. It's a heck of a lot better than Bond winking at the camera.
    neversayneveragain-wink.jpg
    Murdock wrote:
    I'm okay with the winking fish. It's a heck of a lot better than Bond winking at the camera.
    neversayneveragain-wink.jpg
    ABSOLUTELY! Nailed it @Murdock!
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Sounds right @Birdleson. The OP is a bit iffy, but yeah, it fits in there.
    I've always given a free pass to Lazenby though, since it *could* be a reference to Cinderella to himself with us just looking in his eyes... ;)