Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

1147148149150151153»

Comments

Although, I never understood all the criticisms to Denise Richards in TWINE though.
    Same here.

Her main attributes aren't her own. She is ok looking, but nothing compared to Sophie Marceau who is attractive and elegant.

She is totally unconvincing as any sort of scientist, and her line delivery is just awful. Learn the lines, spit them out. No thought behind what they mean or how to portray them.

• MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    It's the sum of the parts though. I agree with Denise Richards being completely unconvincing, but Sophie Marceau was a stunning Bond girl in every capacity. That quality overall gives TWINE an edge over DAF.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    vzok wrote: »
    Although, I never understood all the criticisms to Denise Richards in TWINE though.
    Same here.

Her main attributes aren't her own. She is ok looking, but nothing compared to Sophie Marceau who is attractive and elegant.

She is totally unconvincing as any sort of scientist, and her line delivery is just awful. Learn the lines, spit them out. No thought behind what they mean or how to portray them.

Never noticed that about Richards. And I still don't. She was playing it pedestrian, and obviously she was cast in the role for her looks and Barbie Doll-like figure, like all of the girls from the Moore era. She didn't have to be convincing. Just a sexy love interest for the hotshot secret agent.

Sophie Marceau is not a Barbie Doll. She's a woman with beauty, brains and talent. She was the actress. Richards was only a subject of an eye candy.
    Well they are all supposed to be actresses. Britt Ekland was given a rotten part but still managed to put something into her performance and was naturally attractive. Richards isn't.

Well, that's a matter of opinion and variable tastes among people.
    Well, that's a matter of opinion and variable tastes among people.

For sure it is.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Same here.

She is ok looking

There's a new one.
    Same here.

She is ok looking

There's a new one.

Quite an old one really.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

beats

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH

with ease.
    The World Is Not Enough.

More action. Cooler Bond (Sorry, but the DAF Connery pretty much doesn't do anything nor is nearly effective). Better storyline.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    TWINE.
    TWINE gets my vote.
    Diamonds Are Forever

Campy Bond over soap opera and drawn out action sequences.

"Hello gentlemen. I was just out walking my rat and seem to have lost my way" over "he kneeew where to huurt me and he used your exact words"
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited September 2016 Posts: 2,721
    Both of these are a long way down the 007 list for me...

I'd choose TWINE - There is plenty to dislike but there are some elements of it narratively and character-wise that I really like. The Electra King revelation. Carlyle's performance as Renard. The return of Coltrane. I think acting-wise this is the best collection of performances in the Brosnan era. I think action-wise it's all a little generic for me though (I prefer GE and TND's action sequences to much in TWINE).

DAF has Wint & Kidd and Barry's soundtrack and that's it for me. The second half of that film is among my least favourite of the series. It also started the true spiral into silliness and taste of cheapness. Connery looks bored and more importantly lacks a sense of style (although this was 1971 after all!) The PTS is among the worst of the series. For a consecutive sequence I enjoy the Wint & Kidd introduction up until the coffin sequence at Slumber. After that it is fairly pedestrian and sometimes bad.

But I must admit I haven't watched TWINE or DAD in a long time - whereas I saw DAF more when I was a kid.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    TWINE.
    DAF.
    DAF
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,469
    TWINE.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    DAF for me.
  • GBFGBF
    I guess I voted for it already. I quiet like both films. TWINE is my No 15 in the moment, DAF No.19. So TWINE wins...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I went back and saw that I had already voted on this one awhile ago. Isn't it almost time to move on?

@00Beast doesn t want to do any more.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Do Richards and Madonna get so much flak because they're so well known outside of Bond? Madonna gets more hate than Tanya Roberts, talisa Soto, Barbara Bach, Lois Chiles and Denise Richards combined
  • I rather like TWINE. DAF is in a struggle for last place with DAD for me.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Barry makes DAF enjoyable, one of his best!