Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    TB is great, but LTK is just ferocious.
    Easy for me to pick LTK!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Thunderball is firmly head and shoulders above the competition here. I do think LTK is a wonderful film in its own right, but it's competing against my favourite Connery Bond performance.

That makes mine a +1 for Thunderball.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    LTK. TB doesn't do very much for me. "Bloated" is the word I've come to associate it with.

LTK has always been secure in my top ten.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    LTK. While TB has one of my favourite Bond Girls in Domino, it a tendency to drag a lot at times. LTK is Dalton's Bond let of the leash. No contest.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    TB wins easily for me. Admittedly, it is a mixed bag, but I find it to be superior to LTK in almost every way. The only exceptions would be main villain and henchman, respectively. TB consistently remains in the middle of my rankings while LTK has always been one of my least favorites.
  • Licence to Kill for me. Love it
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Yes, I posted my latest effort earlier in the year. I believe we have some similarities (iirc) but also some big differences as well.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I don't really rank the films. A few definite favourites (GF, OHMSS, CR and SF) and a few obvious stinkers (DAF, TMWTGG, DAD) and then the rest fall somewhere in the middle depending on how I'm feeling.

I'd rank LTK over TB, for the record. However in general I find films made decades apart to be too difficult for meaningful comparison, hence I don't have a full ranking list.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Thunderball. Bond at his best.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    If I look at my ranking the case is crystal clear:

LTK No 8
    TB No 18

so LTK without the shadow of a doubt
    I enjoy both films, but Thunderball is the better one.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    TB not my favorite but not as embarrassingly bad and uninspired as LTK. Even the title is weak.

Easy vote for TB.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    TB not my favorite but not as embarrassingly bad and uninspired as LTK. Even the title is weak.

Easy vote for TB.
    All my ex's live in Texas....
    :))
    Would have said Licence to Kill just a couple months ago, but after re-watching Thunderball I'm not sure. I love both of these Bond films though, but I have to re-watch Licence to Kill to know for sure.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,116
    chrisisall wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Easy vote for TB.
    All my ex's live in Texas....
    :))

Yes, they have better taste...
    ;)

Jk to each his own ....LTK is still Bond and I'm still a fan and if it was on right now I'd probably be watching it.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 17,691
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Those Hulks that you used to use all of the time that I hated may actually be less annoying than the yellow laughing ball.
    the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hey now, I'm the Mark Ruffalo Hulk.
    Happy-Hulk-Mark-Ruffalo-The-Avengers.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    TND over Gun any day. Perhaps it's bias, being the first one I saw at the cinema and all, but the PTS still gets me super hyped. Nothing in Gun gives me that kind of rush. I do like Gun, but it has too many naff moments to stand a chance. TND is one slick Bond film.

TB or LTK? Hmm... TB- only just. Two VERY good Bond films, but I must force myself to choose TB- it has a little bit more adventure. TB over LTK- I'm sure Dalton won't mind.

EDIT: Apologies, I most definitely meant LTK over TB. My change in decision has absolutely nothing to do with receiving an image link via PM from a mystery member who goes only by the initials 'TD'. Once again, so sorry.

http://www.007.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DaltonLTK2.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »
    TND over Gun any day. Perhaps it's bias, being the first one I saw at the cinema and all, but the PTS still gets me super hyped. Nothing in Gun gives me that kind of rush. I do like Gun, but it has too many naff moments to stand a chance. TND is one slick Bond film.

TB or LTK? Hmm... TB- only just. Two VERY good Bond films, but I must force myself to choose TB- it has a little bit more adventure. TB over LTK- I'm sure Dalton won't mind.

EDIT: Apologies, I most definitely meant LTK over TB. My change in decision has absolutely nothing to do with receiving an image link via PM from a mystery member who goes only by the initials 'TD'. Once again, so sorry.

http://www.007.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DaltonLTK2.jpg

=D>
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Thunderball. I do like Licence To Kill but it isn't my ideal Bond film.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Thunderball
    Its old classic Bond with all the right ingridients and Sean Connery at his best after Dr No
    Szonana wrote: »
    Thunderball
    Its old classic Bond with all the right ingridients and Sean Connery at his best after Dr No
    We awfully sound similar in our choices, sir. My compliments. :D
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Thunderball is in my top3 Bondfilms. Love the grand scale, Connery's performance and Young's taste for style and of course: Fiona :D
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    This is a tough one. I'm not a particular fan of either but I do enjoy them both. I think I may give this to Thunderball but only because of it's beautiful locations.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A tough one for me as well. They both have a lot going for them. I think I will give it to LTK, it is a bit more engaging.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Thunderball
    Thunderball

Thanks i know that feeling like someone is reading your mind and inlove it hehe.
    Though im Mis not sir bit its ok and know many will could think im a guy but actually one of the very few girls on this forum

;)
    Thunderball
    Thunderball

Thanks i know that feeling like someone is reading your mind and inlove it hehe.
    Though im Mis not sir bit its ok and know many will could think im a guy but actually one of the very few girls on this forum

;)
    Reconstruction of my statement, then. 'My compliments, madam.' ;)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Thunderball for me. I do enjoy Licence To Kill but, in my eyes, it can come across as a standard 80's action thriller at times as opposed to a Bond movie.
  • Tough call, but Thunderball for me
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wow, pretty unanimous for TB. But then again, we're talking about one of the classics here. I can't see LTK ever achieving 'classic' status, no matter how awesome it is.