Guess the Bond film by the description of a scene

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nice one, cheers @zebrafish. M also has the same bottle of cognac in her apartment (probably the same prop reused), which is interesting considering Bond's dialogue with other Dench M in her office in GoldenEye. Great looking bottle.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    @QBranch , would you like to take care of a new scene-description?
    As I begin, it's hands up!
    As I finish, it's hands down!
    edited February 2023 Posts: 4,312
    Bond in NSNA, making the guy hold his cigarette case/detonator?
    Thanks for kicking off the round. Nothing from NSNA.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I keep thinking and wish this to be up front, but I'm lost so far.
    Connery era.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The boat chase in FRWL when Bond ignites the barrels to destroy the Spectre boats?
    Not that scene, sorry @Benny.
    End fight with Klebb, where Bond has his hands up and Tatiana strikes Klebb‘s hands down with her cardigan?
    I like the logic there, but it's not that.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Feliksh sticking his gun at Bond's back in Pussfeller's club?
    Nothing from DN.
    A wild guess: OHMSS, the hands of the clock while Bond opens Gumbold's safe?
    zebrafish wrote: »
    A wild guess: OHMSS, the hands of the clock while Bond opens Gumbold's safe?
    Great idea. But Q said "Connery era".
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Could it be the "I didn't know there was a pool down there" scene in DAF?
    Some neat guesses here, but nothing from OHMSS or DAF.
    Pussy and Bond in the barn fight?
    Not GF.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 8,676
    If I'm not mistaken, the only ones left are TB, YOLT...and yet another scene from FRWL, since that's the only one where you only denied the scenes in question, but not the entire movie.

Come to think of it, what about the scene where Kerim Bey makes Benz stick 'em up on the train and then proceeds to tell him about his interesting life?
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    The scene with Henderson in YOLT? He has him raise his hands at the start and by the end Henaderson's hands are down?
    Could it be the PTS of DAF where Bond is told to get his hands up by one of the guards and then at the end of the scene he pulls the lever down with his hand to make the mud boil and submerge Blofeld?
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Could it be the PTS of DAF where Bond is told to get his hands up by one of the guards and then at the end of the scene he pulls the lever down with his hand to make the mud boil and submerge Blofeld?

Excuse me, Lord...but Q's message from yesterday was "nothing from...DAF".
    Nothing about Benz on the train. Nothing about Hender-san in YOLT. Nothing about mud bath guards in DAF.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Is it the clock on the wall in the Russian embassy in FRWL?
    When Bond enters it’s up on the wall, after the explosion it’s down on the floor.
    It's not the Russian embassy Benny, but that is arguably a better idea than what I have in mind.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 17,783
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Excuse me, Lord...but Q's message from yesterday was "nothing from...DAF".

Ah, I seem to have missed that. This is another tricky one.
    I still suppose it's FRWL, since it's the only of the movies mentioned so far that @QBranch did not rule out completely, but only individual scenes.

The belly dancer? She starts out with her hands up, and when she is finished she drops them for the first time.
    You're only half right here but I'll give it to you: belly dancer Leila rises into the frame with her hands up, but as she finishes, it's Bond's hands which must remain down, or in other words, to himself, as she dances up close. It's etiquette in the strip club and the same applies here.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 8,676
    Ah, ok...I'm not familiar with etiquette at a strip club and would rather assume others expecting me to keep my hands away from myself during a performance :-).

Here's another one, I call it "Unwavering Royalty". Within less than two or three minutes of a movie (I'll check again if you ask me to) we see first a princess and then a prince.

Shouldn't be too hard.