Guess the Bond film by the description of a scene

14567810»

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I am trying to remember when Moore's Bond hands over his passport.

I think it happens in TMWTGG, so I will go with that one. The scene where Lt. Hip whisks him away to the Queen Elizabeth?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Not TMWTGG. Technically he does not hand his passport to another person, but places it in front of them. It's very subtle, I only recently noticed it.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 13,934
    The numbers are under budget
    A dozen in one hand and a brief case of surprisement
    We can see the sun on the horizon, shining on palm trees
    However, it's been night time for a while
    What Bond just witnessed was BS
    Bond hands over his passport (doesn't hand his passport to another person, but places it in front of them)
    Topping usually comes last, but not here
    Not Macca, but Zacca!
    Moore era
    QBranch wrote: »
    Not Macca, but Zacca!
    This clue alone will get you there.
    Dare I guess the PTS of OP? The briefcase of surprisement meaning the bomb inside the case, the sun on the palm trees at the horse show, BS a load of bull from Toro?
    Sorry, nothing from OP.
    So it is either LALD, Spy, MR, or AVTAK as the other films have been eliminated.

I think I will go with LALD as it's the only one with palm trees of the films that are left.

Maybe the scene where Bond meets Rosie in the hotel?
    thedove wrote: »
    So it is either LALD, Spy, MR, or AVTAK as the other films have been eliminated.

I think I will go with LALD as it's the only one with palm trees of the films that are left.

Maybe the scene where Bond meets Rosie in the hotel?
    I think we can see palm trees in TSWLM, in Egypt? But you have the scene - specifically when Bond walks up to the reception counter at the San Moniquan hotel and gets his key. Did you want to have a go at decyphering the clues or will I answer them?
    I'd like an explanation of the clues as this one had me absolutely baffled
    Alright, here we go. Bond at the hotel reception, LALD:

The numbers are under budget = Behind the reception at the San Moniquan is a Budget Rent a Car sign. Below the sign are numbered pigeonholes for the room keys.
    A dozen in one hand and a brief case of surprisement = Bond holds the room key for bungalow 12 (a dozen); Bond is surprised upon learning of 'Mrs Bond'. Bond also holds a briefcase of gadgets, one of them being disguised as something else (Morse code transmitter in clothes brush).
    We can see the sun on the horizon, shining on palm trees = At the reception, there are signs and books showing the crest of San Monique, which consists of a sun on the horizon, with sun rays and the sun appearing to shine on three palm trees.
    However, it's been night time for a while = Night time scene.
    What Bond just witnessed was BS = BS stands for Baron Samedi, who Bond first sees when arriving at the hotel.
    Bond hands over his passport (doesn't hand his passport to another person, but places it in front of them) = Bond takes his passport out of the briefcase and leaves it with the receptionist, which is what some hotels require, as proof of identity and/or insurance.
    Topping usually comes last, but not here = Don Topping, the MC with the long sideburns, who hosts the voodoo entertainment show at the start of this scene.
    Not Macca, but Zacca! = Not Paul 'Macca' McCartney or his music in this scene, but Munair Zacca, the hotel receptionist who welcomes Bond.
    Moore era = LALD.

Take it away @thedove!
    Wow that is truly impressive and went way over my head.

Hats off to Bond with flair!
    OP Moneypenny scene?
    Good guess but not what I am lookin for!
    Bond takes his fur hood off after firing the signal flare into the helicopter (AVTAK)
    Not quite!

Hats off to Bond with flair
    Like Alice through the looking glass
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The scene at the Murano glass shop where Bond - in fla(i)red trousers - throws Chang through the glass showcase, making Chang lose his "fencing" mask? (Or something like that, don't remember the exact course of events.)
    You are in the right movie @j_w_pepper and quite close to the right scene so it is over to you!

The actual scene was when Bond throws the gondolier hat on the gondola before heading into the glass works to do some digging around.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    OK, allow me some time to think of the next one.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Is it NTTD? ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Is it NTTD? ;)

I don't know yet ;-).
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Is it NTTD? ;)

I don't know yet ;-).

Sorry, couldn't resist the joke.
    OK, it took me a while because of course I had to watch a scene again...I admit there are very few Bond scenes that I could describe by heart.

So here it goes:

First right. Then left. And all of it pretty much in the dark. Then metal slats or louvres. Crowds. A gap. Indecision. And a tennis connection.
    Bond in the One&Only Ocean Club security monitor room (CR).
    Bond looking right and left around the room or at each monitor; dim-lit room; louvres on the windows; crowds of guests seen on the video footage; a gap in the CD storage tray; some indecision picking the disc with the right date (July 6); tennis girl Alessandra Ambrosio in the carpark.
    Sorry, but I saw this only a day late. But no, it is not meant to be a scene from CR. The "right" and "left" issues are expressly mentioned in the movie.
    I'm torn between two, I shall go with GF when Bond snoops around Auric Enterprises in Switzerland.
    It is not GF, either.
    Okay how about DAF when Bond climbs up to see Willard Whyte and lands in the toilet."
    It isn't DAF either, and just to expedite this, it is not a Connery movie.
    This thread seems stalled @j_w_pepper care to add a clue or a hint.
    You are right. And while I remember the movie that I picked it from, I'll have to take another look at it for an extra hint in the meantime since it's been two months. Leave me until the weekend to do so, please.