Craig to be the longest serving Bond

12345679»

Comments

Samuel001 wrote:
    Start rounding up those twenty year olds @timmer. :)
    Yep that's it. If Craig is on pace for 2022 (ten more years) his successor is ideally a 1992-1994 birth year. The next Bond is 18-20 now. Keep an eye out. He's already old enough to show his Bond upside. He might be acting somewhere near you.
    I think that would be great to recruit the guy now or several candidates, and tell them they will be watched for the next ten years. They are Bonds in training. In the meantime have them live and breathe the Connery films, so that when they do reach Sean's DN age, they will be in the right frame to launch the next great era of Bond. B-)

timmer wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Start rounding up those twenty year olds @timmer. :)
    Yep that's it. If Craig is on pace for 2022 (ten more years) his successor is ideally a 1992-1994 birth year. The next Bond is 18-20 now. Keep an eye out. He's already old enough to show his Bond upside. He might be acting somewhere near you.
    I think that would be great to recruit the guy now or several candidates, and tell them they will be watched for the next ten years. They are Bonds in training. In the meantime have them live and breathe the Connery films, so that when they do reach Sean's DN age, they will be in the right frame to launch the next great era of Bond. B-)

I dont want Connery back in any form, just how iconic Connery was.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 30
    Well, in this video interview he says this eight films thing is not true...but who knows...

<object width="630" height="354"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.swf"></param><param name="wmode" value="opaque"></param><param node="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=27860947&lang=es-ES"></param><embed width="630" height="354" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.swf"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=27860947&autoPlay=true&volume=100&enableFullScreen=1&lang=es-ES"></embed></object>
  • I still think the Actors should be capable of playing the character within Fleming's basic timescale, that would be mandatory retirement at 45, I'm not saying the actor has to go at that age, providing he doesn't physically look any older.

Unfortunately, as much as I really like DC, I really can't see him ageing that well, he looks every bit of his age now, in his early fifties i think he'll look late fifties.

I reckon maybe another two movies at best for Dan, there's nothing worse than seeing wrinkly old fellas in girdles and toupes waddling about the big screen pretending to be James Bond.....
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 6,601
    There is a spanish, I think, interview posted here or onthe other board, where DC himself says, that 8 is not true and that he will be too old. So, we don't need to worry, he will harm himself in staying too long. He seems very realistic about it all. Personally I see him doing 23 and 24 right now.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Of course it's not true, it is just Wilson's hope. It may still happen though, never say never. They'll discuss it when Skyfall has completed filming, who knows what will come out of that.

Thanks for the video by the way.
    The only way MGW will get his dream 8 movies? Turn one out every year?!!! Not going to happen! A: He finds them tiring! Let alone DC! and B: DC will be filming the other 2 Dragon films!

Plus if you want a great script? You need to start long before its due to roll! DC is also a realist! He will know when to call it a day. I agree that 5 will be his limit i think?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    RogueAgent wrote:
    B: DC will be filming the other 2 Dragon films!

Not to mention the probably thirteen other movies he'll be doing in that time.
    yep, and i am sure that their will be projects in his own mind that he would like to do? Like Flashbacks of a fool and Dreamhouse!
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 678
    Depends how much DC likes the money. He hasn't proven to be a huge box office draw outside of Bond (e.g. Cowboys and Aliens, the invasion and the Golden Compass), or at least he doesn't pick winning projects that well.
    Depends how much DC likes the money. He hasn't proven to be a huge box office draw outside of Bond (e.g. Cowboys and Aliens, the invasion and the Golden Compass), or at least he doesn't pick winning projects that well.

He has proved with projects like Flashbacks (where he worked for literally just expense) and Defiance, where there was a cutback for everybody to keep it from getting too expensive and his overall way of talking about his work, that he is not making money his first priority. There is no reason to believe, he would sacrifice his beliefs for more money. He has earned tons already.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    I just read in a German TV mag, that Craig has confimred to do 5 (!!!) more Bond movies. Now they don't give any sources and are not really reliabele, maybe they did make a mistake in translation, but 5 more would mean 8 in total, which would mean that Craig will be around for 10 more years (takne the 2 years between each movie). Not that I would complain about it, would be execellent news.

They may have misread this biteen:
    http://www.swp.de/ulm/nachrichten/vermischtes/Daniel-Craig-will-noch-zwei-Bond-Filme-drehen;art1157856,1699911
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just read in a German TV mag, that Craig has confimred to do 5 (!!!) more Bond movies. Now they don't give any sources and are not really reliabele, maybe they did make a mistake in translation, but 5 more would mean 8 in total, which would mean that Craig will be around for 10 more years (takne the 2 years between each movie). Not that I would complain about it, would be execellent news.

They may have misread this biteen:
    http://www.swp.de/ulm/nachrichten/vermischtes/Daniel-Craig-will-noch-zwei-Bond-Filme-drehen;art1157856,1699911

Way too good to be true. And it is only true if EON confirm it. Adele all over again...
  • danielcraigbonddanielcraigbond Suspended
    if they do a film every 2 years then its possible , craig is still younger than roger moore when he did live and let die , and look how long moore played bond for, craig could easily do another 5 , maybe if they shot a couple of movies back to back they could possibly get 6 0r 7 !!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    if they do a film every 2 years then its possible , craig is still younger than roger moore when he did live and let die , and look how long moore played bond for, craig could easily do another 5 , maybe if they shot a couple of movies back to back they could possibly get 6 0r 7 !!
    The difference is that Dan won't be snaked to return again and again. When he's through, HE'S through.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

He will have a Connery trajectory and get an Oscar years after he has retired as Bond. Count on it.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I see his Bond as pretty much stuck in his direction, and I can't see him pulling off a more charming take on his Bond.

That's what Skyfall looks to be trying to achieve now that 'Bond Begins' is out of the way. And all signs point to that happening. Keep your fingers crossed.

It's funny looking back and reading this because now we're saying the same about Bond 24 (Bond Begins over, etc).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The 25th Bond movie may just be Craig's last. I can see him doing Bond 26 providing the quality is maintained/bettered and of course if he's still up for it.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    doubleoego wrote:
    The 25th Bond movie may just be Craig's last. I can see him doing Bond 26 providing the quality is maintained/bettered and of course if he's still up for it.

I think it depends. If they get Bond 24 in 2014 and 25 in 2016, and if he's aged well, I can maybe see him doing another. But I don't think he'll go on past Bond 25. Still, that's one more than I thought he'd do before SF.

• Much as it pains me to say it, I think Craig should do two more and (fingers crossed) quit on a high. I would hate to see him overstay his welcome (like Moore) - or, worse still, end his run in some DAD-style abomination.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Five is a nice number, but I'd love him to do 6. Tying Moore even would be a stretch. No way he'll do 8, but we'll see...
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    It shouldn't be. "Skyfall" is his best and he should go out like this. I've read he wanted to quit after "C-R"...so he isn't much loving his job. It certainly have good and bad reasons to leave. It's a role contract. He's well paid, it only depends on it after motivation.

Someone said before, "This world is depressing, and I think the realistic side of Craig should go, I'd never thought I could miss Roger Moore." It's partly true. Personally, I would always prefer being entertain at watching the 7 Moore's Bond, which was long than 8 possibles Craig's Bond films, even 5 more "à la Skyfall".
    In a way, the Adele song may be prophetic for his tenure : "Is this the end ?"
    I wonder if he cried at the premiere only because of the song's beauty or because it was "The end..." ??
    If they keep writing the character as they did for SKYFALL, then I have no problem with Craig sticking around for a while. Seeing his performance as Bond in SKYFALL was drastically different than his performances in his past two Bond flicks. He really took the character to a whole new level.
    Considering that Dan has given us the best Bond performances since Connery and Dalton, I say he can stick around for as long as he wants. Just seeing him as Bond brings a smile to my face and makes his films more and more enjoyable because of it.