What song could be a great Bond Theme?

Comments

Doesn't get more Depeche than this!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I've long been an advocate of Bond returning to Jamaica. If it ever happens they need to incorporate this:

[url="
  • Loop de Li, Bryan Ferry
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Always thought this really suited Craig's Bond.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    This new version of the Eagle-Eye Cherry song shows me possibilities theme-wise and otherwise.
    Pumped up with horns and strings of course. An outro, even. James Bond will return.

"Save Tonight", 2018

"Save Tonight", 1997

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    This new version of the Eagle-Eye Cherry song shows me possibilities theme-wise and otherwise.
    Pumped up with horns and strings of course. An outro, even. James Bond will return.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Remington wrote: »

The early Craig Bond, yes. Fits him like a glove.

The early Craig Bond, yes. Fits him like a glove.

Exactly. When I think of Craig's Bond, I think of CR/QOS and to a lesser extent SF.

Not bad
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This is why either Gallagher, but preferably both, would be great, and both of their recent albums demonstrates that they still have “it”

Also, for all of the accolades rightfully given to Skyfall for it’s cinematography, seeing this reminds my how nice I love the look of CR ; it has a vibrant opulence that I miss.
    Dave Gahan

The Weeknd

I don't think rap and Bond are all that compatible but I like this.
    With altered lyrics, I think this would have been a great theme for SP.

With altered lyrics, I think this would have been a great theme for SP.

More than a few Arctic Monkeys songs (and The Last Shadow Puppets too, if you also look at Alex Turner's side project with Miles Kane) would have been great for Bond. Here's a The Last Shadow Puppets favourite of mine:

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Shardlake wrote: »

Do you think this time it can happen @Shardlake ???
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited December 2018 Posts: 4,043
    peter wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

Do you think this time it can happen @Shardlake ???

To be honest it almost did, I know some of us got laughed at when we suggested they were originally up for the gig with the last one but the truth of the matter those that mocked turned up with more egg on their faces then they'd care to admit.

This was revealed by Mendes himself on 6 Music in the UK. The track Man of War from the OK Computer sessions was all set to be the theme for SPECTRE until someone pointed out that the band had been playing it on and off live for 20 years.

Radiohead obviously were oblivious to the fact that this would be a problem with EON although I can only surmise after Skyfall's Oscar glory they wanted another chance at that so using an existing song it would have exempt it from qualifying.

Take a look at what might have been.

Personally due to my contempt for SPECTRE I'm pretty glad it was given the theme it was, using MOW would have been like sprinkling glitter on a manure pat in my view.

The point for me is Radiohead get the remit and Down is The New Up is screaming Bond, I think they have various times in their career just made a Bond theme for the hell of it not thinking they'd ever be handed the gig.

I don't mind the track they offered after EON and Mendes went with Wailings On The Wall but I know they could have done better and Man of War shows that, like Jack White given time could have delivered a killer theme for QOS.

I think possibly RH's chances are slim now of doing a theme, whether they would want to after their rejection I don't know, but they are a band who understand the assignment and MOW for me is one of the greatest could have been moments of Bond music history.

They are a group of hugely talented musicians with an Oscar nominated film composer in their ranks and due to the acclaim Thom Yorke's Suspiria score has been getting they might well have another come 2019's Oscars.

If Denis Villeneueve gets the job down the line then maybe, he's a huge fan and has used their music numerous times, so never say never and I wouldn't surprised if Cary is as well.

I'd also like to see what Alex Turner would do in the capacity of the Arctic Monkeys.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

TripAces wrote: »

A Foo Fighters Bond theme song would have been great!
  • KaelbKaelb Adelaide, South Australia
    I think Haze by this little known artist Tessa Violet could be adapted quite well.