What song could be a great Bond Theme?

Comments

Leave the war with me London Grammar
  • NSGWNSGW London
    renno61 wrote: »
    Leave the war with me London Grammar

Great track I hope they do the next title song, would give them a well deserved boost.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • NSGWNSGW London
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 3,333
    What's the point of this thread? Very little of the examples posted here have any relationship or close baring on what constitutes a Bond song? I'm convinced some just want to post something edgy to show everyone that they have an eclectic taste in music!! I mean, seriously, I can post a Ramones track, or Climax, The Rubettes, Def Leppard or even The Undisputed Truth... and go... hey, look... how about this? It's totally facile.
    That is only one of the reasons. Another is to give you even more to moan and whine about. Doubt there will ever be enough of that.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 1
    I made a spotify playlist with some songs posted here but also others that haven't been mentioned yet :)
    https://open.spotify.com/user/jacobresch/playlist/4DAMFr07s7yDpmKCaAWYkq
    For example "Black Sea by Natasha Blume"
    I have to see it at least once more in the cinema, but let's just say the movie surprised me in many occations.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,661
    I think Annie Lennox Big Sky sounds like a modern Daniel Craig Bond theme. The ending really has that vibe. "Darkness and light..."

Annie Lennox would have been an amazing Bond singer!

:)
    I think there are two issues. A singer with the power and quality to do justice to the Bond legacy and those fantastic artists that have gone before.

And then a decent song. With the decline of pop , its harder and harder to fill both criteria. The 70s and 80s is awash with great vocal talent. Annie Lenox a perfect example but now its very hard to find genuine talent. Cant beleive Im saying this but if they are looking for someone trendy but can actually sing, then Harry Styles? (plus also sing live to represent and promote Bond at gigs around the World)

Not suggesting this song but he can perform and I could see him working with Arnold to come up with something decent.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I have a 20 year old daughter, so I have been exposed to a LOT of flash in the pan, generic, one dimensional "teen idols", Harry ain't one of them ; this guy transcends the "boy band" label; he has charisma, talent and could definitely pull off a Bond theme.....and possibly more.
    @talos7 glad you agree but obviously never worked in movie music hence Arnold's experience could provide the perfect balance?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 684
    In recent weeks I've been half-fantasizing about a one-off, 50s-set adaptation of Moonraker (never happen) for Craig's swansong. This is by the way, as I don't want to get into the good and bad of this idea, but it was in this mindset that I was extra-delighted, finally catching up with the latest album from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, to stumble across this track, "The Man Who Built the Moon."

I think something like this would be just the thing for Craig's final outing. Like YKMN and AWTD, it's got rock anthem blood, yet it still has a bit of a ballad quality to it; only a more masculine sort of ballad, more like TB than WOTW. A nice blend to finish off an era.

I can't say these are 100% the sort of lyrics for a Bond theme, but then how many of the songs have nailed that part? The chorus is probably not so much a match:

We never should've left town in the first place
    Now we gotta walk like they talk in the rat race
    You keep your eyes on the prize if you want it all

But this part is:

You and I
    The spider and the fly
    Will meet where the shadows fall

I also like these bits:

She was there
    Diamonds in her hair
    Singing out a dead man’s song

and

Make room for the man who built the moon
    He arrived on a knackered horse
    Made no sound from the day he left town
    No one said a word of course

The song is also reminiscent of John Murphy's score from Boyle's 28 DAYS LATER which nicely helps conceptualize it as the track for a Boyle Bond specifically.

• edited April 2018 Posts: 17,281
    Who Built the Moon? is a great album. Noel Gallagher with or without his High Flying Birds, would be a good choice for a Bond theme song.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Good and evil. Card-playing themes. Adjust the chorus maybe, pump it up with strings and horns.

"Wicked as it Seems", Keith Richards, Stephen K. Jordan.

It's just as wicked as it seems
    Just run out of dreams
    Better of two evils, babe
    It's one time too much

Baby how can I say what's in my heart, what's in my heart
    Come a long way, well since you beat it up
    As wicked as it seems yeah
    Just a two way street, but now it goes one way
    And now for me there's no way out, one time
    As wicked as it seems
    So I soften the blow, so the bruises don't show
    I've got the expertise
    No broken necks
    No broken hearts
    Well, we used your deck
    All I did was play the cards, now the check
    Now I find it's not enough, it's not enough for me
    Now you want to give, is not enough, not enough for me

As wicked as it seems
    It's easy getting in
    But it's a hard way out babe

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands

Blue Rising - Dust

RONDÉ - Why Do You Care
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator