Bond In Motion Exhibition

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Several photos (from Getty Images) from today's press event at BOND IN MOTION in London.

http://jamesbondbrasil.com/bond-in-motion-galeria-de-imagens
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited March 2014 Posts: 5,080
    I can happily say that I will be going to Bond in Motion this July! Very excited!
    /\ just watched the video on the previous page, brought back many happy many memories of my trip to Beaulieu to see Bond in Motion! The bonus to it was that they have the World of Top Gear there too!! :-bd
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Wow, very nice. But no 18 wheeler from LTK? :))
    chrisisall wrote:
    Wow, very nice. But no 18 wheeler from LTK? :))

Now that would have been one hell of an exhibit!!! :-bd
    Naomi Harris was apparantly there today according to my Twitter sources.

As for me ? We have a group of about 5 of us going,but not until the crowds die down,maybe April or May.
    barryt007 wrote:
    Naomi Harris was apparantly there today according to my Twitter sources.

As for me ? We have a group of about 5 of us going,but not until the crowds die down,maybe April or May.

That would have been an unexpected bonus for people visiting there today then!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It opens on Friday. I wonder who could appear then, if anyone?
    Yes,and i wonder if one Bond linked person is going there each day until/including Friday...
    Hopefully MI6 will have someone no doubt attending so we may have something on the website late Friday with some pics!!!! [-O<
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 19,339
    I will take plenty of pics when i go, and put them on here for members who couldnt get there.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    CNN's report.

Michael Wilson says he actually drives a Jaguar, and Babs drives Volvo. :D

That's funny about Babs choice of motor and fairplay to her! Can definitely see MGW in a Jag! :-bd
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Babs drives a volvo and she bought her ex bf an Aston? The world is indeed a very interesting place to live.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Attended the press day and can confirm we will have some coverage up on the main site soon, if it's not there already.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    How long will the exhibition be in London for? :)
    Went yesterday morning. Well worth it, even more so if cars are your thing.

I'd seen some of the exhibits before at other events but you can get so close to them here...short of stepping in and sitting down. You can pretty much press your nose right up to the windscreen!

There were more items than I expected. A scale model of the Skyfall chopper hangs over the ticket office.

Despite the presence of classics like the DB5 and the Lotus (underwater version) I have to say the shattered-doorless Aston from QoS was my favourite. Similarly, the Aston from CR that survived the rollover record...it's in pretty bad shape!

Number of smaller items too, like scale models and Bond's passports, evaluation report from SF etc.

You can pick up a smart brochure that details all the exhibits (£12.50) plus there's a shop with some specific stuff like exhibition t-shirts, key rings, pens etc

Its on all year @Disco ...

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2014 Posts: 1,347
    barryt007 wrote:

Its on all year @Disco ...
    Cheers for the info barry. Very cool! Always good to have an excuse to go back to lovely London each year :)

Going today! Will post pics!
    edited August 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Here's my trip to Bond in Motion. A must for every Bond fan.
    [img][/img]image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    [img][/img]image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    [img][/img]image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Gloriously wonderful pics you took. Hope you had a great time!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,879
    Wow, incredible pics there, MayDay! Well done. Thanks for taking the time to snap them. That Eurocopter prop looks insane, love the concept art too. Those passports will be useful as references for my paper props. :)>-
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    All being well I should get to see the exhibition next week. I'm really looking forward to it.
    Chevron wrote: »
    All being well I should get to see the exhibition next week. I'm really looking forward to it.

Trust me Chevron? You will love it!!!

:-bd Do let us know how you get on?!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Chevron wrote: »

Trust me Chevron? You will love it!!!

:-bd Do let us know how you get on?!

I have my ticket booked. I'm flying into London on Wednesday morning and I think I'll make it my first stop of the day. Hopefully it will be a little bit less crowded in the morning.

Must remember to get my camera phone charged up for all that Aston Martin flavoured goodness. I think I'm most looking forward to see the Tim Dalton one.

Icelandic ash clouds permitting I'll get the photos on my blog and put a link in this thread next weekend.
    Excellent stuff Chevron! Have a safe trip and have fun! :D Look forward to you posting us all about your trip! :-bd
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Visited London on business this past week. One of the places I was able to check out was the Bond in Motion exhibit :D

Incredible amount of iconic Bond vehicles. I loved seeing the Live and Let Die boat and the Aston Martin V8. Cubby Broccoli's Bentley was incredible.

The Bond exhibit in Washington D.C. has more non-vehicle memorabilia, but the vehicle collection here is definitely worth a go!
    I got to see the exhibit yesterday as planned and enjoyed it. It was particurally nice seeing the various Aston Martins, especially the DB5.

They had all the cars in a basement area with them spotlit. There was a fun underwater lighting effect for the watery flavoured items.

I was surprised to see a red Mustang from Diamonds are Forever. They had a very effective lighting effect of reflections of Las Vegas neon moving along it.

It was also nice to see the models and props they had. The Neptune from FYEO was a highlight for me. Also a third scale DB5 they made for Skyfall.

I took lots of photos but they are on the camera phone and I still have to transfer them. I'll get that done later.

I did go into the shop at the end and I got the programme book for the exhibition as a souveneer. They were also selling the fleming novels, DVDs, blu rays, posters, prints, toy cars and exhibition logo stuff like keyrings.

Oh, if you go make sure you go into the cafe as there are models on display there as well like the Tiger helicopter from Goldeneye.
    Do be sure to post those pictures when you can!