Bond In Motion Exhibition

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Two hours at the least is what you need to allow To take it all in properly .
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2015 Posts: 5,131
    Allow 2 hours for a decent look around. But if your not planning on reading the information on the walls so you could be out within 30 mins.
    I agree on just over 2 hours. Plenty to read and take pictures of. The shop won't keep you too long though there is a cafe. Get the handheld commentary when you gain entry for a few £ though - it's well worth it.
    The length of the journey time to Cardiff can vary wildly between car and train and by time of day by car! There's a physical bottleneck on the M4 at Newport with speed restrictions that pretty much stands traffic stationery at peak times (5-7pm) adding significantly to downtime. Do you have time sensitive plans for Cardiff?
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    I recall spending a couple of hours in that museum. Of course I was taking pictures of almost everything, so that understandably slowed me down somewhat.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 3,144
    London to Newport is best done by Train GWR from Paddington Station direct service to Newport .And yes Cardiff. Thank you andmcit .
    ...and Cardiff
    My cousin visited the exhibition over the weekend so i am looking forward to hearing his thoughts on it, seeing the photo's and learning what Spectre items were there?
    Just remembered. There's a glorious Bond geek photo op that you could miss out on if you don't venture into the cafe area! Of course you need an accomplice!

Along the wall of the sitting area where there are a few more props and models used in the filming (lot of PB era stuff) but best of all, on a stretch of white wall there's a pair of HUGE oo7 gun logos in black embossed in 3D standing off the wall that you need to have a picture standing beside!

There's also a mini gunbarrel set that a pro photographer will take a torso shot of you with tux and bowtie as part of the deal though no idea of the cost - for the full effect, take a prop gun if you can get it through customs!! lol
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,675
    Does anyone have a close up picture of the rental agreement for Bond's BMW in Tomorrow Never Dies? My picture turned out blurry.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Does anyone have a close up picture of the rental agreement for Bond's BMW in Tomorrow Never Dies? My picture turned out blurry.

I might do, as I took a picture of nearly everything when I last went. The only problem is I recently broke the phone I used to take the pictures with. So I'll get back to you when (and if) my phone gets fixed.
    Many thanks!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I was in Hamburg at that moment stalking Bond.My organization has plans. I have pictures of everything.
    Should I be scared?
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,345
    kotvodznh

@PropertyOfALady If you open the image in a new tab, it will let you zoom in where you can see most of the information.
    I get a 403 Forbidden error.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,345
    Thank you, that works.
  • So Tomorrow Never Dies takes place in late March '97. Huh. Learn something new everyday.
    Just curious, does anyone have one even more close up that they're willing to share?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,944
    And Beaulie is having a NTTD exhibition too!!!! :-bd Hopefully i will go depending on how long it will be there for?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    And Beaulie is having a NTTD exhibition too!!!! :-bd Hopefully i will go depending on how long it will be there for?

I rang them. Its there for 12 months.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Just a recap of what NTTD stuff was on display at the London Bond in Motion exhibit in 2019:
    Land Rover series III
    New Land Rover Defender with battle damage to the left side
    DB5 with battle damage, light-up mini guns and LED number plates that change between BMT216A,
    4711-EA-62 and A 4269 00
    V8 Vantage
    Primo's Triumph Scrambler 1200
    Nomi's Royal Alloy GT125 scooter
    Bond's Matera suit
    Bond's London MI6 suit
    Nomi's Jamaica outfit
    DB5 mines
    Primo's jewellery - chain, rings and bracelet
    Primo's Matera sunglasses
    Bond's Matera sunglasses
    Bond's Aston Martin car keys
    B25 cast and crew signed clapperboard
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Mallory wrote: »

Thanks, that's good to know.
    Mallory wrote: »

That's fab!!! Great to know thank you! Best start saving!!!!! :-bd
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Here's a great load of pics from the new exhibit: there's loads of cool things there that weren't in London:
    https://variety.com/gallery/james-bond-vehicles-007-exhibit/1-aston-martin-db5/
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Killer hi-res shots here; https://www.petersen.org/bond
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah nice studio shots, thanks.

It still annoys me that they haven’t replaced those naff attempts at numberplates on the Lotus sub :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2022 Posts: 14,944
    So it's moved again, and look at the cool way they're displaying the NTTD DB5:

Keep an eye on the numberplates too!