Bond In Motion Exhibition

Comments

Glad you enjoyed Chevron! Look forward to seeing your pictures once you have posted them! :-bd
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Here's a few of my photos from my visit on Wednesday. Quality isn't fantastic but hopefully there is something of interest.
    BIM001.jpg
    BIM002.jpg
    BIM010.jpg
    BIM012.jpg
    BIM021.jpg
    BIM027.jpg
    BIM036.jpg
    BIM048.jpg
    BIM054.jpg
    BIM058.jpg
    BIM075.jpg
    BIM088.jpg
    BIM089.jpg
    BIM095.jpg
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'm pleased to say that I enjoyed it so much that I will be going back next March just before the exhibition finishes.

If any of you are considering going, and you're going to have lunch around the Covent Garden area, I would recommend Belushi's Bar.
    Went to the Bond in motion Exhibition in Covent Garden, London (past year): must see for bond fans. Hope the quality of pics is good.
    [img][/img]365290bond001.jpg
    [img][/img]174131bond002.jpg
    [img][/img]928138bond003.jpg
    [img][/img]177604bond004.jpg
    [img][/img]793175bond005.jpg
    [img][/img]160613bond006.jpg
    138313bond007.jpg
    [img][/img]932179bond008.jpg
    381050bond009.jpg
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I've just looked at the web site for the Bond in Motion Exhibition and it tells me that it's closed all day on May the 28th which is not only my birthday but is also ILF birthday anybody know what's happening on the day ?.
  • Can anyone tell me what I can expect to find in the giftshop?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Good range of gifts and clothes as well as books keyrings and some artwork also the catalogue is well worth buying.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @fromswedenwithlove

I will tell you that there is pretty much every thing relating to Bond ever produced! T-shirts, lots of the Fleming books (IIRC all of them), books in general (TASCHEN included) Blu-Rays, keyrings, posters, mugs, pens, programs (for if you don't get one in the lobby.), Scalextric cars, postcards, framed photos, etc... you WILL find something you love. It's a treasure trove for Bond fans.

140319-bond-in-motion-store.jpg
  • Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Good range of gifts and clothes as well as books keyrings and some artwork also the catalogue is well worth buying.
    @fromswedenwithlove

I will tell you that there is pretty much every thing relating to Bond ever produced! T-shirts, lots of the Fleming books (IIRC all of them), books in general (TASCHEN included) Blu-Rays, keyrings, posters, mugs, pens, programs (for if you don't get one in the lobby.), Scalextric cars, postcards, framed photos, etc... you WILL find something you love. It's a treasure trove for Bond fans.

140319-bond-in-motion-store.jpg

Allright, thank you both! :-bd
    You're welcome! It's an experience you won't soon forget, that's for sure.
  • You're welcome! It's an experience you won't soon forget, that's for sure.
    Can you remember anything about the prices? Like the Fleming books and the cars??

I think they were fairly affordable (£ 10-20).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I thought the Bond in Motion was ending in December 2014.
    @doubleoego It moved to the London Film Museum, it'll be there till March at least, most likely longer.
  • I had a great time that's for sure!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego It moved to the London Film Museum, it'll be there till March at least, most likely longer.

Thanks for the heads up. I need to prioritise a visit.
    @fromswedenwithlove What kind of souvenir did you get? Did you take any pictures?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 654
    @ProperyOfALady I took loads of pictures and I bought up half the store! Would you like me to post them?
    Yeah, go ahead!
  • I can't upload all of them right now but here's a couple of pictures. Took atleast one with each car! ;)

[img][/img]IMG_8256_zpsuggtegjp.jpg
    [img][/img]IMG_8269_zpsglkhhl3w.jpg
    [img][/img]IMG_8242_zpsb1aserme.jpg
    [img][/img]IMG_8222_zpsxzir4qba.jpg
    [img][/img]IMG_1845_zps8ofodned.jpg
    [img][/img]IMG_1806_zps5vtqzzfq.jpg
    [img][/img]IMG_1802_zpsphp1cbsy.jpg

I think I have a pic of the stuff I bought. Shall I upload that to?
    Yeah sure! I think you look very Bond-like with Astons :)
    Will you please upload the rest at some point?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    If the exhibit continues into next year, its it possible they will add Spectre cars? I've been to the exhibibiton when it was in Beaulie but would make the trip to London to see the DB10, the Jag C-X75 and other vehicles.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Finally going to this at the end of March.
    @Mallory Yes, James Bond Lifestyle reports that they will add SPECTRE cars.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Finally attending on Sat!!!!!!
    not sure if anyone knows but this exhibition has been given an "indefinite stay' there as its proved so popular, and there will be vehicles from Spectre there eventually.
    I'm going later today for my first visit - without giving too much away (I haven't looked at many pictures or comments on this thread to keep some surprises) are there any tips about things that are worth searching out that could be missed if distracted!? Any, "I wish I'd known this before going" points to consider?
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 1,068
    So, in answer to my own question above, an update.

One thing I'd very much recommend, for grin factor alone, is the Ben-Collins audio tour gizmo which harkens back to early nokia days of mobile phone tech (it is quite chunky in a big 3110 styley) which for £3 was well worth it. My companions throughout the visit could listen to an enjoyable and quirky explanation of each separate exhibit (complete with quoted snippets from actors, the film and soundtrack score) without having to listen to me babbling on!! The snippets weren't too laborious and it's nice for context, especially for those less Bond oriented with you where they could get a little extra enjoyment from otherwise reading (the rather poorly lit) prompt cards beside the exhibits.

It is VERY moodily lit and flash photography isn't permitted so a reasonably tidy camera to capture the exhibits if you're looking for that kind of memento would be worth bringing.

The catalogue is a nicely put together gloss over of each item present but don't expect anything more than a sentence (if that) of anything insightful and in fact everyone here will already know significantly more than the collective content though it's a nice memento and looks smart in a moody plain cover.

In the shop I felt there wasn't a great deal to tempt me apart from posters and post cards and a few plastic radio controlled DB5's but I succumbed to a heavy metal keyring representing the infamous rotating DB5 numberplate and actually thought, compared to other items available, that it was a decent buy. I couldn't get excited about memorabilia that was (rather clumsily IMHO) plastered with the 'Bond in Motion' exhibition logo though there was a good representation of the Fleming books available.

Don't forget to check out the cabinets of additional models, period memorabilia nor the fab photo opportunity to stand beside the 007 gun logo on the edge of the cafeteria!!

I loved it and even got a ticket deal (Buy one get one free) online before going.

As an aside, I walked through to PLANET HOLLYWOOD, ate a nice rack of ribs and cocktail (or two) whilst I checked out the film memorabilia there especially the Bond goodies. From what I did manage to see, there were:

TSWLM Bond tux
    GE Bond tux, gambling chips & watch
    Jinx orange bikini
    MR shuttle scale model
    YOLT laser gun
    Walther PPK (I couldn't get too close - someone was busy eating right beside it!!

Apologies for the phone snapshots, the lighting wasn't too great here either!

2714D792-0E55-45B8-AE8F-E44A9D735AF6-3020-000003097A15440E.jpg

1C8A091C-74E5-46FC-88F6-74A9D260D872-3020-0000030993E34EBB.jpg

9599F99C-56D8-4FB2-8407-AEAEC73697D6-3020-00000309B7F577C8.jpg

:D

Andrew
    I'm planning to visit London (and Cardiff) at the end of next week). So I would like to know : how much time can I expect to be in the exhibition ? I need to know so that I can plan my trip to Cardiff. I f, for example, I visit the exhibition at the earliest hour (10 AM), when can I expect to leave it ? Thanks in advance for the reply.