Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    boldfinger wrote: »
    For this alone Tom and Christopher deserve that I buy the Fallout br:

http://collider.com/tom-cruise-christopher-mcquarrie-motion-smoothing-psa/#images
    I can't tell you how happy I am to see this. Not so much because of the motion smoothing thing, but because it shows the sincerity of commitment by both actor and director to their product, and the attention to the little details for the benefit of the audience. I feel that dedication every time I watch RN & Fallout. They don't just do things - rather, they do it right with a specificity and focus on quality. They have my respect.
    It also shows how "bonded" these two are and how they both feel about the end result. Surely a good pointer that they will work together again?
    patb wrote: »
    It also shows how "bonded" these two are and how they both feel about the end result. Surely a good pointer that they will work together again?
    You mean Tom Cruise will be the next Bond ;-)?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    patb wrote: »
    You mean Tom Cruise will be the next Bond ;-)?
    Can he do a British accent? ;)
    As @bondjames noted above, Tom´s dedicated. I´m sure he would even grow 4 Inches if the role demanded it. A proper Accent will be the least, he´d got that down within a weak.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Come to think of it, he'd make a great Bond... ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As @bondjames noted above, Tom´s dedicated. I´m sure he Tom would even grow 4 Inches if the role demanded it. A proper Accent will be the least, he´d got that down within a weak.

Haven’t you ever seen the procedure where the legs are broken and the bones extended to add height? ( this is actually an extreme procedure) . Heck, Tom , would even break his own legs. ;)

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2018 Posts: 17,691
    I still can't believe he continued forward after he broke his ankle, and it's IN the movie!! The boy is dedicated. The personal stuff was very well handled too. It came across very realistically. This is the deepest we've ever gotten into Ethan's psyche I think.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 850
    Btw, for those who have the dvd/bluray, what about the deleted scenes? What is in it?
    talos7 wrote: »
    As @bondjames noted above, Tom´s dedicated. I´m sure he Tom would even grow 4 Inches if the role demanded it. A proper Accent will be the least, he´d got that down within a weak.

Haven’t you ever seen the procedure where the legs are broken and the bones extended to add height? ( this is actually an extreme procedure) . Heck, Tom , would even break his own legs. ;)
    And we´d finally have an acceptable reason for production delay :-)).

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Btw, for those who have the dvd/bluray, what about the deleted scenes? What is in it?

On the UK DVD, nothing.
  • I watched it last night for the first time. I hadn't got a clue what was going on. I must be thick or something, I had to keep rewinding the DVD to try and make sense of it. The action was great, but the plot lost me completely.
    I was the same with QOS. It's a shame I'm like that, because you stop caring when you're lost.
    I watched Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) and think it is extremely overrated.

It's so boring and predictable. 6/10
  • Boring? Really?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    001 wrote: »
    I watched Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) and think it is extremely overrated.

It's so boring and predictable. 6/10

I know the feeling, Predictable and melodramatic.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Boring? Really?

The stunts and special effects were good but the story was so predictable and boring.

The same disarm the bomb story. Just so predictable.
    Perssonnaly I agree with 001, the movie was a dissapointement for me.
    What can be boring About a disarm the bomb Story?

I had my issues watching Fallout in the Theater. I will nevertheless get the br, because my gut tells me I can find a usable perspective :-).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have to watch it again, but if it's not my favourite, it's certainly up there with the last one.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I have to watch it again, but if it's not my favourite, it's certainly up there with the last one.

Fallout is great watched it half a dozen times, I rank it two at the moment behind the first film.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 1,575

I had my issues watching Fallout in the Theater. I will nevertheless get the br, because my gut tells me I can find a usable perspective :-).

Disarm the bomb Story problem was that it was just so predictable what was going to happen.
    Even the helicopter chase was so predictable what would happen, which makes it boring.

The first half or so was good.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Disarm the bomb Story problem was that it was just so predictable what was going to happen.
    Even the helicopter chase was so predictable what would happen, which makes it boring.

I think everyone knows that they would prevail, regardless. Beyond that, there's nothing very predictable about it at all. We all know how these things eventually pan out; like Bond, it's not the destination that matters. It's how we get there.

I think everyone knows that they would prevail, regardless. Beyond that, there's nothing very predictable about it at all. We all know how these things eventually pan out; like Bond, it's not the destination that matters. It's how we get there.

I know what you mean.
    But cutting the wires to the bomb was hardly riveting stuff.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    While it did not achieve the RN level of perfection, I thoroughly enjoyed MI:Fo.
    With that said I do think it was weighed down a bit by the continuation and resolving of running storylines, namely Ethan’s wife and Lane.
    It is a fantastic movie, but I do wonder if would have been even more effective had it been a complete standalone with all new allies and villains.
    I watched it last night for the first time. I hadn't got a clue what was going on. I must be thick or something, I had to keep rewinding the DVD to try and make sense of it. The action was great, but the plot lost me completely. I was the same with QOS.

What?! M:I6 and QOS? Really?
    talos7 wrote: »
    While it did not achieve the RN level of perfection, I thoroughly enjoyed MI:Fo.
    With that said I do think it was weighed down a bit by the continuation and resolving of running storylines, namely Ethan’s wife and Lane.
    It is a fantastic movie, but I do wonder if would have been even more effective had it been a complete standalone with all new allies and villains.

I agree.
    A complete standalone with all new allies and villains would have been better.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Watching Fallout again this film is incredible on a technical level, nods to Nolan and Friedkin. I am in awe everytime I watch this film, its so well shot this is top tier direction.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    This is one of the best action movies I've ever seen. Fair play to Tom Cruise, he's got guts to do half of these stunts let alone them all
    Can't wait to get the DVD for Christmas
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Just watched "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" for the first time. The sheer number of James Bond recycled material is mind-boggling.
    It's like watching a more entertaining version of khm, khm.. Spectre.
  • Univex wrote: »
    I watched it last night for the first time. I hadn't got a clue what was going on. I must be thick or something, I had to keep rewinding the DVD to try and make sense of it. The action was great, but the plot lost me completely. I was the same with QOS.

What?! M:I6 and QOS? Really?

Regarding following the plot, I found both FO and QOS very confusing. FO because it was quite convoluted, and QOS because it didn't make much sense. I lost QOS when the Camilla and the motorcyclist came on the scene. After that bit, I hadn't got a Scooby.