Quick Big Mi6 Main Villain Ranking Game

Comments

Kananga is no. 8 for me. Easy in my top 10. Yes, the Mr. BIG character is a silly, as is Kanangas death. But he is still an imposing figure, amid a trio of excellent villains and the final knife fight is great and should have went on longer!
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I would have loved a longer knife fight!
    I ranked him at #15. I would maybe rank him even a bit better in a later ranking.
    I'm a big fan of the whole Kananga/Big reveal and the 50/50 chance afterwards right up to the end where he loses his temper and is shouting at Solitaire.
    Kananga, Samedi and Tee Hee are great trio.
    So sad that there isn't any iconic henchman in the Craig era (and it looks like this won't change next week?)
    I know I Kananga some people by saying he was one of the best villains, but I truly feel that way. Such a memorable actor, Yaphet Kotto. He Carver a place for himself in the annals of Bond villainy.
    I ranked him at #15. I would maybe rank him even a bit better in a later ranking.
    I'm a big fan of the whole Kananga/Big reveal and the 50/50 chance afterwards right up to the end where he loses his temper and is shouting at Solitaire.
    So sad that there isn't any iconic henchman in the Craig era (and it looks like this won't change next week?)

Edit: Forgot about Hinx. The train fight is awesome andxeasily better than the one against Tee Hee but the latter one is still much better over the whole movie.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart

Edit: Forgot about Hinx. The train fight is awesome andxeasily better than the one against Tee Hee but the latter one is still much better over the whole movie.

Your mentioning Tee Hee reminded me of another plus for Kananga: he leads what is easily the greatest group of henchmen ever. I mean Tee-Hee, Baron Samedi, Whisper, Adam, come on.
  • Yup, the packer-to-the-gills with memorably colorful villainy is one of my favorite aspects of Live and Let Die.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Kananga is #5 for me. Kotto could simply do no wrong. By far one of the most menacing and charismatic villains in the series. I love him so much that I can even look past his utterly ridiculous demise.
  • 9 of my top 10 remain in the game. Anticipating Drax or Silva next!
    I thought Trevelyan would be next...Awesome fight on the satellite dish but otherwise not as memorable as the others remaining. And I say this as a huge GE fan.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Really close to our top 10 now folks, but first we’ll have to reveal our number 11:

JAVIER BARDEM
    as Raoul Silva (aka Tiago Rodriguez)
    in SKYFALL

javier-bardem-skyfall-poster.jpg

Silva was awarded one bronze medal. In addition he also ended up 4th on one occasion, 5th on three occasions, 6th on one occasion, 7th on three occasions, 9th and 10th, both on two occasions.

His worst ratings would have been two 20th placements, were it not for one participant who put him right at the bottom.

Raoul Silva obtained 139 points in total.
    Silva not in the top ten? Shocking news.
    I ranked him #4.
    He has a lot of great lines and Bardem's deliveries are perfect.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    He was my 7th. Love him.... he blends over the top and scene chewing very well with a grounded and genuine performance of a twisted and psychologically wounded ex-agent.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Damn, I had him 5th. Very surprising news indeed. Four of my top ten didn't make it...
  • Surprised as well, he was my 7th. A very memorable performance and visual stylings, bringing a more colorful and campy type of villain back into the Craig films.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I see some of you were expecting a top 10 spot for Silva. But let’s not forget 11th is still a pretty good placement.

Furthermore, looking at what we still have around, there is some tough competition:

- Dr. No
    - Rosa Klebb
    - Auric Goldfinger
    - Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS)
    - Francisco Scaramanga
    - Hugo Drax
    - Max Zorin
    - Franz Sanchez
    - Alec Trevelyan
    - Le Chiffre

Results so far:
    11. Raoul Silva
    12. Dr. Kananga
    13. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (YOLT)
    14. Emilio Largo
    15. Kamal Khan
    16. Elektra King
    17. Maximilian Largo
    18. Elliott Carver
    19. Karl Stromberg
    20. Dominic Greene
    21. Georgi Koskov
    22. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (DAF)
    23. Brad Whitaker
    24. Aris Kristatos
    25. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (SP)
    26. Gustav Graves
    27. Dr. Noah
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He came in at 20th for me. He is a great villain but the film as a whole is so unenjoyable to me that it's hard to focus on how great the main villain is when I don't care for the project as a whole. He certainly brings some unique and flamboyant flair to the proceedings, though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Silva is great. I had him at 19.
    Number nine for me. Like a lot of Skyfall, he's absolutely amazing the first time you see the film, and slightly less so on repeated viewings. But only just.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It was the opposite for me. Didn t care much for him the first time, but he has since really grown on me.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Silva is good, but the competition is tough. The only villain I don't think should still be in the running is Zorin. But I'll state my reasons when we get there. ;-)
    No. 17 for me. Pretty much for the same reasons as Creasy47! He is flamboyant, and has a great intro, but the film does so little for me, that he doesn't make much impact! Disappointed with his final showdown with Bond, expected more!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Silva is good, but the competition is tough. The only villain I don't think should still be in the running is Zorin. But I'll state my reasons when we get there. ;-)

view+max+giggle.gif
  • Zorin's a treat in AVTAK, glad he's made the top ten!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Me too, couldn't be happier that Zorin (or any aspect of AVTAK, really) is still in the running.
    Me 3, really like Max Zorin! Certainly more so than bloody Trevelyan, who still hasn't come up!!
  • Mathis1 wrote: »
    Me 3, really like Max Zorin! Certainly more so than bloody Trevelyan, who still hasn't come up!!

I'm looking forward to the long-awaited rant on that @Mathis1
  • These last three—Blofeld (YOLT), Kananga, and Silva—were all in my top 10. They were actually the bottom three of my top 10. So not terribly far off all things considered.

Pleasance's Blofeld was wonderfully kooky and undeniably iconic with some very memorable scenes and lines, including the death of Helga and his order to "Kill Bond, now!"

Kananga was cool and charismatic and capable of real menace and volatility in a few moments.

Silva was a great campy villain in an era where camp had been outlawed, who still managed to pull off a surprisingly emotional through-line as a character. Bardem was at times downright chilling in the part.

I consider all three of these top 10 material, but as has been noted time and time again the competition in this game is fierce.

Five of my top 10 are left (along with my #11, so I really consider myself to have six left in the running). Of those remaining, I also would have expected Drax to have gone some time ago. Zorin is top 3 material as far as I'm concerned. But I'm looking forward to any and all rants that await this top 10!
    I knew my relatively low ranking would be an outlier, but I'm honestly a bit surprised that Rosa Klebb is top ten material. FRWL is of course a beloved film, and Red Grant is obviously a top henchman, but I thought we'd have seen Klebb by now....
  • I'm not the biggest fan of Klebb myself and did not have her that high either. But anything FRWL is kind of a given, so I'm not surprised she's in the top 10.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Seven of my top 10 and my #11 (Zorin) are still in the running. My guess is either Drax or Klebb (my #10 & #9 respectively) will be the next to go.
    I got Le Chiffre and Trevelyan at #15 & #17.