Famous Movie Lines Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    We will have a go at this then honestly you two your. Hawling like bruligans.
    I am so confused. I understand that English isn't everyone's first language, but I can't even tell if the grammar in this quote is correct.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Don't worry @ J have a think it's not from Orson Wellls .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm quite lost.
    Sorry sloppy posting. The Quote is. Honestly you two your Hawling like Bruligans "
    I've no idea what that's from. Hopefully someone else does.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I think they mean "Honestly you two, you're hauling like a brooligan".
    And I had to do a lot of google serach for that so I won't reveal the answer. Wouldn't be fair. But I think that's the quote intended.

This is the intended quote, upon further reasearch (please confirm @Mrcoggins).

This is the end! Making a public spectacle of yourselves. I couldn't have believed you could have behaved like this, either of you. Just hauling like brooligans.

It's from a film, but I can't win because I had to do alot of research.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    For the future, before you enter a quote, make sure it is verbatum from the film in question so that members don't have to sacrifice their fun to research it?

Thanks @JWESTBROOK, I was thinking one of us would have to do that soon too.

Anyway, my guess...

Dr. Strangelove?
    For the future, before you enter a quote, make sure it is verbatum from the film in question so that members don't have to sacrifice their fun to research it?

Thanks @JWESTBROOK, I was thinking one of us would have to do that soon too.

Anyway, my guess...

Dr. Strangelove?
    No it's no from dr Strangelove sorry.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I think they mean "Honestly you two, you're hauling like a brooligan".
    And I had to do a lot of google serach for that so I won't reveal the answer. Wouldn't be fair. But I think that's the quote intended.

This is the intended quote, upon further reasearch (please confirm @Mrcoggins).

This is the end! Making a public spectacle of yourselves. I couldn't have believed you could have behaved like this, either of you. Just hauling like brooligans.

It's from a film, but I can't win because I had to do alot of research.
    So it would seem ! I've just dug out my V H S copy and must say you're quite right
    Please accept my apologies will do better next time .
    With regards coggins .
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    It's quite alright. I wouldn't have gotten it anyways! That's why the research took so long :P
    You are a good sport ,did you notice who is in that scene ?
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    You are a good sport ,did you notice who is in that scene ?

No..
    BUMP. I still have no bloody idea.
    Oy, I'd say it's time for some clues. :-S
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I'll give it up, Brady you can continue.

The film was Genevieve (1953)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I'll give it up, Brady you can continue.

The film was Genevieve (1953)
    Well...we didn't have to give it away. I just wanted clues. :(
    Well as our mr Westbrook said early on he did do the research so he can have it as its out now.
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Well as our mr Westbrook said early on he did do the research so he can have it as its out now.

I don't want it. Brady deserves it, he's the only one that tried and tried and tried.
    Alright, here's the next mystery quote:

"...You see before you an instrument of death. We give you this half...as a symbol of our trust. The other half you will receive the day you betray that trust."
    I'm getting a heavy Batman feel from that, and for some reason, I'm getting a heavy gangster type film feel, as well.

'The Dark Knight Rises?'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm getting a heavy Batman feel from that, and for some reason, I'm getting a heavy gangster type film feel, as well.

'The Dark Knight Rises?'

No, but I could see Bane being told that from the League of Shadows. Keep at it.
    Looper? The mob boss guy from the
    future
    and that guy that keeps shooting himself in the foot, maybe?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Looper? The mob boss guy from the
    future
    and that guy that keeps shooting himself in the foot, maybe?
    No.
    I can honestly say it's a film I've never heard of, so I wouldn't have gotten it. Good luck all!
    Man, this sounds so familiar, it's bugging me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Man, this sounds so familiar, it's bugging me.

Then I am successful! >:)
  • It's not Superman is it. The first one (1978) that is. Just sounds vaguely familar
    It's not Superman is it. The first one (1978) that is. Just sounds vaguely familar

Not Superman 1.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    GoldenEye...I'm wrong.
    I'm feeling 'Scarface,' too, or perhaps an old classic.