Famous Movie Lines Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You've got it! I apologize if that isn't really considered a 'famous' film, but it's one of his earlier, better-known ones. Over to you, Brady.
    Well, if all we did was famous films then it would be easy to guess the quotes. Sometimes hidden gems do just fine. I will try to think of one and post it as soon as I can.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Alright, let's see how long this one can last:

"Was you ever bit by a dead bee?"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hmm, is it an older film?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Hmm, is it an older film?

I like to use "classic", but it is very much back in the day. ;))
    Ahh, so it's that old. I use 'classic' as well, I was thinking 70's or 80's, though.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Ahh, so it's that old. I use 'classic' as well, I was thinking 70's or 80's, though.

Ahhh no. Much older than that.
  • Is it the Swarm with Michael Caine

Saw it years ago, a year or two after release, it was the first thing I thought of

and then I read the above which said, not 1970s.. : - /

This could well from a B-Movie :bz

I don't know what it is. I'll say King Kong (original), total shot in the dark
    Is it the Swarm with Michael Caine

Saw it years ago, a year or two after release, it was the first thing I thought of

and then I read the above which said, not 1970s.. : - /

This could well from a B-Movie :bz

I don't know what it is. I'll say King Kong (original), total shot in the dark

Not Kong, definitely an A movie. /:)
  • I'm surprised Mr Westbrook hasn't got this one yet :P

I'm guessing something post war, maybe 1950s but can't quite think what it could be. It's almost something I've never seen, although enjoy those era of movies, so that's why I'm struggling. Maybe it's too far back for some to remember Brady
    I'm surprised Mr Westbrook hasn't got this one yet :P

I'm guessing something post war, maybe 1950s but can't quite think what it could be. It's almost something I've never seen, although enjoy those era of movies, so that's why I'm struggling. Maybe it's too far back for some to remember Brady
    I am counting on it. It is a gem that needs to be seen.
    I'm surprised Mr Westbrook hasn't got this one yet :P

I am counting on it. It is a gem that needs to be seen.

Mr. Westbrook is not the film connoisseur he plays up to be, as is repeatedly proven by this thread.

Haha, but seriously, I have a very select pick of films I enjoy enough to remember. Getting me to watch a film requires a good time spent reading reviews and looking over credits. I don't enjoy bad films.. at all.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,806
    "To Have and have not". With Bogey and Bacall. A classic. Have I won ?

ETA: There's a Bond link in this movie: Hoagy Carmichael plays a part in it.
    Gerard wrote:
    "To Have and have not". With Bogey and Bacall. A classic. Have I won ?

ETA: There's a Bond link in this movie: Hoagy Carmichael plays a part in it.
    Exactly. Good on you. And yes, Hoagy was in it.
    Here's one:

"She tried to sit on my lap while I was standing up".
  • I know what it is, as I've seen it, but must say maybe a surprise one or two participants and their appreciation of a movie from the era in question, not getting this one..

Guess I'll give someone else a chance

Feel free to answer, @Baltimore_007. It sounds like something Bogie would say, but I am not sure...
  • Sorry, I was just dropping off there

Yes, it is Humphrey Bogart, incidentally. I will give someone else a chance as stated. It's not Casablanca though..
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I believe it is The Big Sleep, when he (as Philip Marlowe) is being seduced by Carmen.
  • Brady is spot on. You must have seen it, it's a movie that you would greatly enjoy

Guess you have another turn again, but we need Mr Gerard just to confirm it maybe? Would be a bit inconsiderate to just carry on without his confirmation, that's all
    Brady is spot on. You must have seen it, it's a movie that you would greatly enjoy

Guess you have another turn again, but we need Mr Gerard just to confirm it maybe? Would be a bit inconsiderate to just carry on without his confirmation, that's all

I am surprised, as that film is so convoluted I pride myself in remembering that one scene. I do love it though, even if everything around Bogie and Lauren's romance is a tangled mess. I will be watching it again soon, and can't wait. One of my favorite noir films.
    Indeed,; it was The Big Sleep. Classic scene, there. And yes, it's a convoluted movie. So much that Chandler himself didn' know who had killed one character.

Your turn, Brady !
    Gerard wrote:
    Indeed,; it was The Big Sleep. Classic scene, there. And yes, it's a convoluted movie. So much that Chandler himself didn' know who had killed one character.

Your turn, Brady !

Exactly! But that's the charm. Alright, I will try to think of one, and then I will post again.
    Alright, we'll so how this one goes:

"It's not how long it takes, it's who's taking you."
    Is that 'Some Like It Hot?'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Is that 'Some Like It Hot?'

Darn, you got it. One of my favorite Marilyn lines, and exactly how I feel about her.
    "I don't think you'd know where to put food at, if you didn't flap your mouth so much."
    Goodfellas? I dunno. Sounds maybe like Pesci or De Niro.
    Goodfellas? I dunno. Sounds maybe like Pesci or De Niro.

That's not it, keep trying.
    @Creasy47, some clues please?
  • I'm gonna guess 'Heat' here, shot in the dark though...