It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
^ Back to Top
The MI6 Community is unofficial and in no way associated or linked with EON Productions, MGM, Sony Pictures, Activision or Ian Fleming Publications. Any views expressed on this website are of the individual members and do not necessarily reflect those of the Community owners. Any video or images displayed in topics on MI6 Community are embedded by users from third party sites and as such MI6 Community and its owners take no responsibility for this material.
James Bond News • James Bond Articles • James Bond Magazine
1. Bond somersaults the bike over the edge and lands on the roof of the train
2. trying to hang on under the elevator at the Grand Harbour Centre with a bum shoulder
3. Silva's monologue, and mocking Bond's evaluation test fail while sitting at his computer*
4. Bond in the tube waiting for the okay from Q: "Bond." "What." "...Get on the train."
5. business time for Bond as he enters Skyfall, kicking a HK rifle up into his hands
Tanner briefs on the depleted uranium shell; Felix referenced; and M sends Bond to Shanghai
all scenes in China (favourite segment of the film)
marksman shot and a glass of scotch
*Love the moment when Silva evaluates Bond with, "Pathological rejection of authority 'based on unresolved childhood trauma'." Silva pauses and takes the time to condescendingly stare at Bond with a tapping of the finger and subtle head nodding, before resuming.
I remember thinking Silva empathizes with Bond at that moment.
They are all funny and/ or amazing to watch. I haven't read much positive posts about the elevator scene in Shanghai. A few members critisise that the sound is too similar to Batman. However, I love the moment, even more than the more popular fight afterwords.
- fight on train
- Moneypenny has to shoot
- musical score during M's poetry reciting
- Q tries to decrypt the laptop and is outsmarted
Favourite Bond Moments - Round 12: SF - Part 2: Ranking
2 Shanghai skyscraper fight
3 Train fight
4 Welcome to Scotland
5 The end scene
2. Bond looking to the world on the roof of mi6
3. Welcome in scotland (Home Alone with Silva's sarcasm intro and Goodbye Skyfall)
4. Welcome in Turkey. (Bond sneaking around, some talk and steps out of the door on the street.)
5. The island (silva's sarcasm, the gay scene and Mommy was very bad)
3. Shanghai scrap
4. Bond meets Silva
5. Attack on Skyfall
2. The PTS
3. Macau casino - arrival, meeting Severine, and Komodo dragon pit fight
4. On the rooftop with Moneypenny and in M’s office at the end
5. Pursuing Patrice through Shanghai and jellyfish fight
2. Fight on train
3. Moneypenny has to shoot
4. Musical score during M's poetry reciting
5. Q tries to decrypt the laptop and is outsmarted
2. Confronting M in her house
3. DB5 driving through New Cross and in the Highlands
4. Scenes before the battle at Skyfall
5. Battle at Skyfall
Thank you @goldenswissroyale
There are so many moments I love so it was hard narrowing them down.
I love all of Dench's scenes with Bond in Craig's films and that scene in Skyfall was one of the best ones.
I think Skyfall has the best climax of the Craig films.
2. PTS (Bond adjusts his jacket after leaping on the train)
3. Shangai sequence (fighting Patrice)
4. Silva’s introduction
5. Bond returns to MI6...only to be found unfit
I'm surprised that Silva's intro isn't part of many lists so far. Although, there are obviously a lot of other moments that deserve a mention.
My favorite bits (in no particular order):
1. The whole 10 minutes of the Shanghai sequence.
2. Bond on the beach, “enjoying death.”
3. Bond’s arrival to Silva’s island + Silva’s rat monologue.
4. “Welcome to Scotland” / Silva’s attack on Skyfall.
Yeah I think that’s a testament to how many notable moments there are in the film. I know I struggled to narrow it down to five.
2. Talking with the shrink
3. Macau casino
4. Drive up to Skyfall
5. Moneypenny visits Bond
2. Bond tails Patrice in the car (great music and cinematography) and the elevator scene
3. Bond meets the new Q (and doesn't recognise him)
4. Silva's introduction (the whole talk inside the building)
5. Bond is shot/beginning of the main titles
1. Bond running up Whitehall to catch Costa Coffee before it closes (look, it's Bond running up Whitehall, I've been there loads of times, I could do that! Except I'd get run-over, and arrested by the police, but apart from that, I could be Bond!)
2. The London Underground sequence, lots of lovely little humorous moments as well as genuine excitement and tension as Q spots Silva, and we race down the escalator.
3. Silva's slow soliloquy ... lovely 'old-school' Bond villain moment
4. The PTS as a whole, but especially the chase on/through the train and the eventual shooting
5. Macau casino (wow, this looks GORGEOUS!! Those colours!!!)
6. (I know it doesn't count but I have to include the meeting with Q, love it more with every watch, pitch perfect timing from both actors!)
Taking account all of your lists:
1. PTS (especially the train action/"blood shot")
2. Bond in Shanghai
3. Attack on Skyfall
4. Silva's first scene
5. Bond running up Whitehall
It's time for another Roger round. The one with balloons and clowns. IT's the 13th round with the 13th EON Bond movie:
Favourite Bond Moments - Round 13: OP - Part 1: Suggestions and discussion
A crazy general, again some great train action and so many attractive women! Oh and the yo-yo saw is very mean!
What are some of your favourite moments of OP (and why)?
2. Acrostar bede jet flies through the hanger, and the missile follows
3. backgammon with Kamal
4. 009 tries to evade the knife twins, Mischka un Grischka
5. Bond snoops around Kamal's palace
the fight with yo-yo thug in OP's bedroom
soviet war room with revolving platform and Orlov's speech
cyclist pedals right through the action, oblivious that there's a Bond film shooting!
In truth, the silliness in the jungle lasted what? Three minutes of the entire film? A few uncomfortable scenes racing through the streets of India may add another couple of minutes of cringe... But all in all, one helluva 007 adventure.
One of the best scenes in the series is the assassination of 009-- it's a great little mystery film, isn't it? A clown runs scared in the forest. A man with a knife trails him. It's like a horror film, and then; we find out that there's not just ONE psychotic knife wielder, but TWO... Just an awesome little story that's told entirely through action.
I have fun watching the PTS. I love it. Moore is fantastic-- especially when he raises eyebrows for his guards to look across at the female driver who's pulled up beside them.
Moore was weathered and wonderful in this film-- he properly and stoically reacts to Vijay's death, and;
He has an incredible and believable relationship with Octopussy.
Apart from the gorilla suit, everything on the train is awesome.
The race to the American military base had fine tension with Bond desperate to get back there.
Defusing the bomb: Dressed as a clown; great tension-- like a tight-wire.......
The final climactic scene on top of the plane was brilliant; there are stakes: Bond doesn't just want to "beat" Kamal, he has a further goal of saving Octopussy.
The ending on the boat: I wish this was Roger's last adventure, sailing off with a woman who he could love.
-009’s murder is both tense and bizarre in a good way.
- The way Louis Jourdan says “Oct-o-pussy”
- The action on the train is awesome
- Defusing the bomb of course
- And (also of course) the insane plane stunt work at the end