The Skyfall DVD/Blu Ray-Out now!

Comments

• Also bought the French steelbook on their amazon. Anyone else have it? Is it good?
  • Skyfall becomes third fastest selling DVD/Blu Ray of all time. 1.9m copies sold in first week on sale. For some reason when I click on link its dead but its clearly there in google news:

https://news.google.com/news/i/story?ncl=dUEBgwW6BwM6eTMCBDp168IIYdvyM&q=skyfall&lr=English&hl=en

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What a great start. Crazy news.

Thanks all.
  • 1.9m copies at £10-15 per copy, that's 19-25 million pounds in its first week in the UK alone. I wish I had shares in EON! :)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Also bought the French steelbook on their amazon. Anyone else have it? Is it good?
    Well it's not released till next week.

To be fair it seems no different to the UK version except for the postcards (hope these are inside not loose. I bought the HMV Bond 50 box set with postcards and they were just in a packet loose and there's not much you can do with them). Maybe the 12 cert logo which spoils the aesthetic will be absent and leave the cover nice and plain?

Anyway got 3 on order - one for me and two to flog. The UK ones are going for £35-40 already so at worst my one should pay for itself, with a bit of luck I can clear 25% profit.
    Just received my copy of the standard disc. Anyone else notice the Irish age rating for the DVD is 12 and for the bluray it's 15! No high quality for the young ones!
    Just recieved skyfall steeelbook from amazon and i have a query that hopefully someone can answer for me. The back of the cover has the region 2 symbol for the DVD but it also says underneath thats its NTSC which is the american tv format. Has amazon sent me an american disc? Was ordered from amazon uk. Any thoughts would be appreciated
  • Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap blu-ray player from quickly?
    I was thinking maybe Tesco may sell one?
    Still breaking records after being 4 months out

Skyfall movie outsold ALL music albums last week in UK
    James Bond movie Skyfall was released on DVD, Blu-Ray and download amongst great anticipation last week - and ended up outselling all music albums combined.

As noted in Music Week's full Official Charts Analysis, the a record-breaking Sam Mendes-directed movie - which hit shelves on Monday, February 18 - shifted 1,930,211 units to the end of Saturday.

Great news for the movie industry, not so the music trade: a comparitively unimpressive 1,550,228 sales were clocked up across all music albums, according to Official Charts Company data. That's equivalent to 80.13% of Skyfall's total.

http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/skyfall-movie-outsold-all-music-albums-last-week-in-uk/053730

'Skyfall' tops weekly DVD sales, 'Flight' remains top rental

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-skyfall-tops-weekly-dvd-sales-flight-remains-top-rental-20130225,0,5356567.story
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Thinking of getting the Skyfall blu-ray... So does the disc go well with the rest of the discs for the Bond 50 blu-ray boxset? Anyone have any images of the disc slotted into the Bond 50 box set?

There is a slot in the boxset for Skyfall... >>>

8511241257_a3ff752fe7_b.jpg
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 115
    Skyfall also scored the biggest first week total of any Blu-ray of all-time - 544,000 copies of the film were purchased on the high definition format alone last week, ahead of Avatar’s 428,000 and The Dark Knight Rises’ 285,000 first week totals. It is also ALREADY the third biggest selling Blu-Ray of all time too, just behind Avatar and Inception – which have sold 1.020 million and 551,000 copies in their lifetimes, respectively.

source: http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/skyfall-becomes-fastest-selling-blu-ray-title-of-all-time-1884/
  • imranbecks wrote:
    Thinking of getting the Skyfall blu-ray... So does the disc go well with the rest of the discs for the Bond 50 blu-ray boxset? Anyone have any images of the disc slotted into the Bond 50 box set?

There is a slot in the boxset for Skyfall... >>>

Nope. The disc is white with the image of Bond sliding/shooting on it. It does have the "007" in the background but the lettering is black.

• edited February 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Germanlady wrote:

It also tops Video On Demand.

You can go at rentrak.com to have a few delayed "free" reports (if you pay, then you have as much as the journalists writing the articles above). Rentrak is the primary source for many, many things (including boxofficemojo :) !).

Rentrak has "recently" arrived in France, something that has changed a few things on box office estimates report here.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, those numbers are insane. I still can't get over how popular SF has become.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I've finally found the special features for download. And, i'm certain i will appreciate the film even more after this!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,438
    Whyle 6 March be the Dutch release date, Dutch store promote the dvd (and the price of BD) on promotion outside of the store. The price difrence is € 3,00. As expect there going to ask 14,99 for the dvd and 17,99 for BD.

11qrg2x.jpg
    Promotion from the folder
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I love how everything Dutch is orange and black haha
  • DCisared wrote:
    I love how everything Dutch is orange and black haha

Haha :) This time it's because the store, Blokker, has those colours as their scheme.
    @MBalje, Blokker used to be the cheapest when a Dvd would first arrive (bought my 2-Disc Dvd of CR there), but now they are usually one of the more expensive, even with a discount like this. I'll be buying the exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook at Saturn!
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,107
    Does Skyfall steelbook edition contain both the Blu-Ray and DVD versions of the film. I haven't yet purchased my copy because of lack of bonus material on the dvd and I've been thinking of buying the steelbook version now and upgrading my home theater later. Or is it Blu-Ray only?

I'm asking because that steelbook case doesn't contain any marking of dvd and I've heard different things about it. Some say it has both dvd and blu-ray.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    SharkBait wrote:
    Does Skyfall steelbook edition contain both the Blu-Ray and DVD versions of the film. I haven't yet purchased my copy because of lack of bonus material on the dvd and I've been thinking of buying the steelbook version now and upgrading my home theater later. Or is it Blu-Ray only?

I'm asking because that steelbook case doesn't contain any marking of dvd and I've heard different things about it. Some say it has both dvd and blu-ray.

That is a good question. I haven't heard anything absolute about it either. I just checked a video unboxing of the steelbook and a DVD copy IS included. I am not sure about a digital copy though, as it didn't appear that there was a card in the case that would have a redeem/promotional code on it for a downloadable copy for devices. Hope this helps. :)

• SharkBait wrote:

It depends on the country you live in. The British version does have a DVD, as seen in the above video, but for instance the Dutch version (the one I have) only has the BD, no DVD and no Digital Copy!
    Finnish version. I caved in and bought the bare-bones dvd.
  • Skyfall blu ray steelbook now back in stock at amazon for the bargain price of £17.99.

Got an email from amazon saying the stock is very limited so get in quick if i were you
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Got my steelbook today!!!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Got an email from amazon saying the stock is very limited so get in quick if i were you

Strange how they keep saying that and then a week later they have some more stock in.

#theresoneborneveryminute
    Well I got mine in the Australian Release on Wednesday 27 March. Well only not impressed. But it feathers. I might get the Blue-ray with all the Bond movie from Dr.No in Few years time.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

That really is one heck of an achievement! Especially when you look at the sales of the other movies! =D>
  • cooperman2 wrote:
    Just recieved skyfall steeelbook from amazon and i have a query that hopefully someone can answer for me. The back of the cover has the region 2 symbol for the DVD but it also says underneath thats its NTSC which is the american tv format. Has amazon sent me an american disc? Was ordered from amazon uk. Any thoughts would be appreciated

I'm guessing its just a misprint, the US didn't get a steelbook version