No Time to Die production thread

Comments

10% of forum contributors freak out about bridge/ Lynch/ comments about the Bond girls. Everyone else: *freaks out*
    00Agent wrote: »
    Ana De Armas talks her role in Bond 25 and her love for Phoebe Waller Bridge
    https://magazinec.com/style/ana-de-armas-is-conquering-hollywood-in-record-time/
    169-FEAT-ARMAS-05_R3-1280x1292.jpg

tenor.gif

That as well :))
    Bounine wrote: »
    I just hope she is dressed in some realistic clothing for the action and not some kind of red cat suit.

As far as i'm concerned, she doesn't need to be dressed at all. That would be quite "different" wouldn't it?

I like that idea.
    TripAces wrote: »
    I am hustling to post as much as I can between now and April so that post #4007 is my response/review of the film. 880 posts to go...in appox. 160 days. That;'s 5-6 posts per day.
    :D
    giphy.gif
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I am hustling to post as much as I can between now and April so that post #4007 is my response/review of the film. 880 posts to go...in appox. 160 days. That;'s 5-6 posts per day.
    :D

That shouldn't be too difficult really. I posted less than that in 8 years. :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Make-up artist:

annalubbock
    Night shoot madness #007 #Bond #captionthis

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Walliams is a gimp. On the live stream of the premiere, he spoiled that both Oberhauser and Madeleine survived the movie.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    If Craig sticks to his guns, after tomorrow we are officially in between Bond actors.

Craig's final day of filming in the role of James Bond will be behind him.

Sort of. He will be doing all sorts of press in March and April. Soi that part of the job is still to come.
    Haha, can imagine how that goes with Craig´s sense of humor, given that by that time possibly the whole internet will speculate who´ll be the next Bond actor.

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Alright, place your bets on a teaser dropping tomorrow. :D
    I have a feeling we may get something today/tomorrow marking the wrap...not sure about teaser, though if having a more substantial full-length look as the 'teaser/debut trailer' in December is the plan, Cary like dropping the short teaser that's been ready as a 'first look' on his Insta or something is one way of doing it.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    antovolk wrote: »
    I have a feeling we may get something today/tomorrow marking the wrap...not sure about teaser, though if having a more substantial full-length look as the 'teaser/debut trailer' in December is the plan, Cary like dropping the short teaser that's been ready as a 'first look' on his Insta or something is one way of doing it.

Naaaah, it’s not Eon’s style to do something to announce the film has ‘wrapped.’ The best we can expect is a photo/video from CJF on his Instagram.

However, if we are getting a trailer with ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ then a trailer-ease tonight wouldn’t’ be impossible.

Also check out the story on https://www.Instagram.com/lottiegeliot

Daniel is sending personal gifts from the crew from n.Peal and B&W are sending jackets. I know we have been moaning on the internet, but you sometime forget how many people are involved in making this film. Only eventually for us to tear down their efforts. lol
    They have gone about the whole production in a determined,ruthless manner,so i' m looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    But,contrary to earlier press bullshit,it does look like they all had a good time with this,and the lack of leaks and spoilers makes it even better,imo.
    Does anybody know if the Gunbarrel will be at the start of this film?
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I would say 99% yes.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Yes I think that's certain.
    Good! No reason not to have it at the start.
  • I have a feeling that Bond may be on the cover of Empire magazine next month. The new issue is out next week....................................

Empire usually run two Bond covers before a new release. One to hype the film and one at the time of release. I imagine, that there circulation increases tenfold when a Bond cover graces newsstands. However, so much has changed since 2012 and 2015 with the death of print media and the implosion of comic-book/franchise films which the Empire crowd cater to.............I'll be curious if Bond gets to keep his two covers. But let's hope. Next month would make sense as it would be their 2020 preview issue.

spectre-empire-magazine-cover-subscriber.jpg
    CPLXplDWcAAVOxL.jpg
    a3e332d6c6bfd7c3f13114d78601a8ba.jpg
    default.jpg
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    If Craig sticks to his guns, after tomorrow we are officially in between Bond actors.

Craig's final day of filming in the role of James Bond will be behind him.

He will be officially James Bond until the day of the press conference where the new one is presented to the public.
  • What does everyone make of the (relatively) short filming period? Does this suggest a shorter runtime, or just more efficient work?

Presumably cutting down on the locations has speed things up? Perhaps relying more on CGI and post-production work would also speed filming? A more experienced cast able to nail things on the first take?

Or is all of this kind of meaningless?
    octofinger wrote: »
    What does everyone make of the (relatively) short filming period? Does this suggest a shorter runtime, or just more efficient work?

Presumably cutting down on the locations has speed things up? Perhaps relying more on CGI and post-production work would also speed filming? A more experienced cast able to nail things on the first take?

The shooting schedule isn't short at 7 months and with multiple units. The director decides how many takes are required regardless of how good, strong and experienced the cast are. But I have heard from crew members I know that Cary is very decisive and leads from the front and doesn't waste a moment. The film's final runtime will be determined in the editing process, but from a 133 page screenplay (approx one page per minute, give or take re; action and stunt scenes, and of course approx 5-6 mins of front and end titles to add on) suggests NTTD will be another 2 hour plus film.

ColonelSun wrote: »
    What does everyone make of the (relatively) short filming period? Does this suggest a shorter runtime, or just more efficient work?

The shooting schedule isn't short at 7 months and with multiple units. The director decides how many takes are required regardless of how good, strong and experienced the cast are. But I have heard from crew members I know that Cary is very decisive and leads from the front and doesn't waste a moment. The film's final runtime will be determined in the editing process, but from a 133 page screenplay (approx one page per minute, give or take re; action and stunt scenes, and of course approx 5-6 mins of front and end titles to add on) suggests NTTD will be another 2 hour plus film.

Good,it will be a nice send off for Daniel (unless he stays for 1 more of course.)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    barryt007 wrote: »

Good,it will be a nice send off for Daniel (unless he stays for 1 more of course.)

He'd rather slash his wrists. [-(
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »

He'd rather slash his wrists. [-(

Hahaha don't bring that up again,this thread is full of nutters as it is !!
    talos7 wrote: »
    Steady on, everyone.

I think we're missing the bombshell from de Armas that her Bond girl "is different from the previous Bond girls."

I mean, that is a big shakeup.

EVERY Bond girl for the last 40 years has said the same thing.

Almost like they're being told to say that "This Bond girl is different from previous Bond girls"

"There is always a huge interest in who is going to be cast as the next Bond girl, not least among the crew, and inevitably there is a press conference to introduce her. She then has a few minutes to talk about being ‘different from the normal Bond girls’ by ‘being independent, tough, intelligent and a new type of girl’. They all say it."

- Roger Moore. Bond on Bond, 2012

Roger was right about that!

I think it's just marketing.
    Imagine you are playing a role that dozens of women have played before you.
    So of course you are gonna say, when asked, that there is "something new" about YOUR particular character. I don't blame them. And of course they get prepared for these kind of interviews.

Indeed, it's a go-to description of their character in interviews. I wish they could phrase this a bit differently though. It's almost like they're disregarding the good female characters in past films, stating that "THIS time, THIS time it will be different!"

It never is.

Well to be fair, each and every actress brings her own personality into it so there is always a difference, but i agree, i wish they would word it a little differently, so it doesn't sound disrespectful to the women of the past (ironically, some of them still do interviews saying their Bond girl was totally different at that time lol)

My suggested approach : "None of the Bond girls before were a carbon copy of the others. Every one of them brought their own differences and originality."
    Craig is more than likely done.

He’ll be 54-55 by the time filming starts on another
    In which thread is the rejected Barry Jenkins' Moneypenny spinoff being discussed? I couldn't find anything...
  • RC7RC7
    In which thread is the rejected Barry Jenkins' Moneypenny spinoff being discussed? I couldn't find anything...

Because it doesn’t exist. There’s no rejected spinoff.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    RC7 wrote: »

What on Earth are you talking about? Are you calling Naomi Harris a liar?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Here -
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19172/the-female-007-and-the-women-of-nttd/p39

Here -
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19172/the-female-007-and-the-women-of-nttd/p39
    Thank you!
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

What on Earth are you talking about? Are you calling Naomi Harris a liar?

They had a discussion and Babs naturally said, ‘nah’. If Jenkins wants to grace us with his ‘pitch’, (which is in all likelihood a one line sell) I’ll happily read it. Otherwise nothing to see here.