Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    And people say Barbara hasn't got her priorities in order.
    Thank goodness . I'd rather not see B26 delayed another half decade just to get a Moneypenny stand alone off the ground.
    Barbara Broccoli not keen on Barry Jenkins/Moneypenny film

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/naomie-harris-moneypenny-movie-66414072

Kinda gutted.........can we at least get Barry Jenkins for Bond 26?

a2a994aad44d9340_1024.jpg

Common sense prevails! Thank you Babs!!! =D> :-bd
  • RogueAgent wrote: »

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/naomie-harris-moneypenny-movie-66414072

I can't say I feel the same. I never had any interest in a Moneypenny spin-off, but the notion of Barry Jenkins having a pitch on it is pretty amazing. Had it been some dime-store director looking for a gig I would roll my eyes. But Jenkins is such a talent and the fact that he's interested should be enough to at least get Eon's attention.....

I never knew how much I wanted this movie till today.
    I say forget the Moneypenny movie.

I'd really like to see an action packed Stacey Sutton spin off film that focuses on Stacey and her cat 35 years after her encounters with Zorin and Bond.

Tanya Roberts still looks amazing and I think could pull it off. She may need to warm up her vocal chords to get her screaming at the correct pitch. It has been nearly 35 years, after all.

In all seriousness, I'd much rather Eon focus on Bond's future post Craig than plan additional films centered on supporting characters. It takes nearly half a decade just to get one Bond film rolling as it is.

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Any spin-offs I think ought to be handled by other producers, just so Babs can focus on Bond and not get sidetracked.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I'd much rather Eon focus on Bond's future post Craig than plan additional films centered on supporting characters. It takes nearly half a decade just to get one Bond film rolling as it is.
    I agree @ToTheRight, I'm not sure how I feel about expanding the James Bond "universe"...

I'm a simple guy haha :D
    Denbigh wrote: »

I'd much rather Eon focus on Bond's future post Craig than plan additional films centered on supporting characters. It takes nearly half a decade just to get one Bond film rolling as it is.
    I agree @ToTheRight, I'm not sure how I feel about expanding the James Bond "universe"...

I also think it's too late in Craig's era to produce a spin off.

Although it's possible the current MI6 staff regulars may continue into the next Bond actor's films, anything can happen.

Who knows what direction Eon will take when Bond is recast? I don't believe those decisions will be made any time soon, and we're looking at another long wait regardless. A spin off film would only delay B26 further.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869

Who knows what direction Eon will take when Bond is recast? I don't believe those decisions will be made any time soon, and we're looking at another long wait regardless. A spin off film would only delay B26 further.
    Tradition will die another day I think ;) EON will stick to their familiar guns and focus souly on the present...
    ...plus we're still unsure of Daniel's tenure, which would make a spin-off seem even more out of place in my opinion. I mean if you're gonna do it, you're gonna wanna start everything fresh.
    Thank heavens for Babs!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Barry Jenkins is a good director and it's nice to hear he's got a good rapport with Naomi, but anyone whose first thought and interest in a Bond context is making a Moneypenny film rather than making an actual Bond film is not someone I'd be confident in having the reigns.
    It wouldn't work at all,Moneypenny isn't that interesting a character,never has been.
    The Bond series doesn't need any spin offs.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It wouldn't work at all,Moneypenny isn't that interesting a character,never has been.

Exactly. I don't know about anyone else but i watch Bond films and read Bond novels for James Bond. No one else. All other characters are secondary.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Hence the term spin-off. If that's not what you're interested, you're free to ignore them and focus on Bond.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    This Moneypenny spin-off was a silly idea from the beginning. The fact that BB doesn't have any interest in this nonsense has been the least surprising thing that happened to me today.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Exactly. I don't know about anyone else but i watch Bond films and read Bond novels for James Bond. No one else. All other characters are secondary.

You say that, but Moneypenny had spin-off novels.
  • Aside from perhaps taking focus away from making Bond films, I dont know why people are so against it. It could be a completely different style of film. It doesnt need to be action.

What next?
    Will Rory Kinnear hook up with his favorite director and try to pitch a Tanner film to Barbara? How about Ben Whishaw doing the same?

Maybe Ralph Fiennes should get together with the director of The Grand Budapest Hotel and pitch an M standalone to Barbara?

In my honest opinion, the only regulars who would have deserved even a meeting with the producers in such regards were Lois Maxwell, Bernard Lee and Desmond.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I can't say I feel the same. I never had any interest in a Moneypenny spin-off, but the notion of Barry Jenkins having a pitch on it is pretty amazing. Had it been some dime-store director looking for a gig I would roll my eyes. But Jenkins is such a talent and the fact that he's interested should be enough to at least get Eon's attention.....

I never knew how much I wanted this movie till today.

Why not consider him for Bond 26 as director?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Maybe Ralph Fiennes should get together with the director of The Grand Budapest Hotel and pitch an M standalone to Barbara?

Isn't that what The King's Man is about?

You say that, but Moneypenny had spin-off novels.

And they were very good.
    I have to say it's a pretty bold move to reject a director who directed an Academy Award winning movie a couple of years ago. I don't think there are any cons to a low- or mid-budget Moneypenny movie written and directed by someone as talented as Jenkins between two Bond movie. In fact, if they fant to inject some female energy into the franchise, this would be the best route to take instead of shoehorning a female 007 into a regular Bond film.

Also, it's pretty telling and a bit bold that Harris revealed that Barbara rejected the idea. It sounds like she resents her for doing so.
  • RC7RC7
    I have to say it's a pretty bold move to reject a director who directed an Academy Award winning movie a couple of years ago. I don't think there are any cons to a low- or mid-budget Moneypenny movie written and directed by someone as talented as Jenkins between two Bond movie. In fact, if they fant to inject some female energy into the franchise, this would be the best route to take instead of shoehorning a female 007 into a regular Bond film.

Also, it's pretty telling and a bit bold that Harris revealed that Barbara rejected the idea. It sounds like she resents her for doing so.

There is no appetite for a Moneypenny movie. Barbara knows this. Jenkins’ idea was clearly a bit of nonsense he cooked up with Harris while they were having a few bevvies. It happens. Barbara isn’t going to green light a vanity project that treads on the toes of the world’s longest running franchise.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Harris is awesome though; she could easily have made that work. I’m a bit sad it won’t happen.
  • RC7RC7
    mtm wrote: »
    Harris is awesome though; she could easily have made that work. I’m a bit sad it won’t happen.

She is awesome, I agree. Doesn’t mean it should happen.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    RC7 wrote: »

There is no appetite for a Moneypenny movie. Barbara knows this. Jenkins’ idea was clearly a bit of nonsense he cooked up with Harris while they were having a few bevvies. It happens. Barbara isn’t going to green light a vanity project that treads on the toes of the world’s longest running franchise.
    Exactly @RC7, there’s no demand for it and as it would be the first James Bond spin-off, it’s a risky move, in my opinion, and would require a project they feel truly confident in and know is something audiences want to see.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Exactly @RC7, there’s no demand for it and as it would be the first James Bond spin-off, it’s a risky move, in my opinion, and would require a project they feel truly confident in and know is something audiences want to see.

Quite right. I could write a thesis on why it’s a bad move, but I don’t have to. Barbara is one of the most experienced producers in the business and she ended it before it was beyond a mere thought.

Worth noting, these things happen all the time. 99% of ‘ideas’ are rejected. I pitch ideas for a living, I know.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I would love to see a MP may be not in film but a Small tv series would be great like Fleming: the man who would be bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would rather see a Baron Samedi talkshow.
    I would rather see a Baron Samedi talkshow.

Now THAT would be interesting!