No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    octofinger wrote: »
    Steady on, everyone.

I think we're missing the bombshell from de Armas that her Bond girl "is different from the previous Bond girls."

I mean, that is a big shakeup.

EVERY Bond girl for the last 40 years has said the same thing.

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,293
    talos7 wrote: »
    Steady on, everyone.

I think we're missing the bombshell from de Armas that her Bond girl "is different from the previous Bond girls."

Almost like they're being told to say that "This Bond girl is different from previous Bond girls"
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Steady on, everyone.

Almost like they're being told to say that "This Bond girl is different from previous Bond girls"

"There is always a huge interest in who is going to be cast as the next Bond girl, not least among the crew, and inevitably there is a press conference to introduce her. She then has a few minutes to talk about being ‘different from the normal Bond girls’ by ‘being independent, tough, intelligent and a new type of girl’. They all say it."

- Roger Moore. Bond on Bond, 2012
    00Agent wrote: »
    Steady on, everyone.

"There is always a huge interest in who is going to be cast as the next Bond girl, not least among the crew, and inevitably there is a press conference to introduce her. She then has a few minutes to talk about being ‘different from the normal Bond girls’ by ‘being independent, tough, intelligent and a new type of girl’. They all say it."

Roger was right about that!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Steady on, everyone.

I think it's just marketing.
    Imagine you are playing a role that dozens of women have played before you.
    So of course you are gonna say, when asked, that there is "something new" about YOUR particular character. I don't blame them. And of course they get prepared for these kind of interviews.
    NTTD would also be the first James Bond film to be released in a year that ends with a 0! That is unique!

Steady on, everyone.

So of course you are gonna say, when asked, that there is "something new" about YOUR particular character. I don't blame them. And of course they get prepared for these kind of interviews.

Indeed, it's a go-to description of their character in interviews. I wish they could phrase this a bit differently though. It's almost like they're disregarding the good female characters in past films, stating that "THIS time, THIS time it will be different!"

It never is.
    Steady on, everyone.

Indeed, it's a go-to description of their character in interviews. I wish they could phrase this a bit differently though. It's almost like they're disregarding the good female characters in past films, stating that "THIS time, THIS time it will be different!"

It never is.

Well to be fair, each and every actress brings her own personality into it so there is always a difference, but i agree, i wish they would word it a little differently, so it doesn't sound disrespectful to the women of the past (ironically, some of them still do interviews saying their Bond girl was totally different at that time lol)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    That’s okay @FrankXavier, but I think whether it’ll be faux-progressive depends on how they play it, and how we relate to her as a character, and Lynch’s performance.
    I mean, imagine the audiences who find that character refreshing and empowering, given the promise of that character becoming 007, only for it to be dropped for the next movie? It would be a bait and switch.

It doesn't seem like a good move from EON.

*If* she is 007 then hopefully it's from the start of the film.
    I think in that sense it’ll be a case of “you can’t please everyone” and to be honest a lot of that could be said about characters in other Bond films. Characters people loved and would’ve liked to see return but didn’t, but we’ll see. Either way I’m excited for what’s to come. Nice to have a cool and calm conversation with someone on here for once @FrankXavier haha, especially after yesterday :)
    Steady on, everyone.

It never is.

Well to be fair, each and every actress brings her own personality into it so there is always a difference, but i agree, i wish they would word it a little differently, so it doesn't sound disrespectful to the women of the past (ironically, some of them still do interviews saying their Bond girl was totally different at that time lol)

Each character is of course unique in their way, but it does seem very repetitive and - as you write - disrespectful the way they talk about their characters in interviews.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

A massive fan, that's what he is :) And very publicly so. Do we think he sounds excited about what he saw? Was hoping for some hysterical remark from him. Rather composed, he is. Still, I do believe he genuinely liked it.

God, we desperately need some real news.
    I sure hope David Walliams will get the chance to narrate/present a Bond special (or similar) on TV at some point. It could be hilarious!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Is the press release on the 1st do we know, or is the UK getting the film a day earlier? I thought the UK release date was the 2nd :)
    I sure hope David Walliams will get the chance to narrate/present a Bond special (or similar) on TV at some point. It could be hilarious!

It really would. Wasn't he hosting the Spectre premiere?

Spectre-London-Premiere-Tom-Ford-Dinner-Suit-3.jpg
    Univex wrote: »

Don't think I've seen this before! Looks like Walliams was channelling his inner Connery here. :-D

Diamonds-Ivory-Dinner-Jacket.jpg
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

[snip]

I don't know if the footage is still somewhere on the internet, but he mentioned that Blofeld was in the movie when he was leading in an interview with BB and MGW for the premiere. You could see Wilson getting nervous and BB said something along the lines of "You mustn't mention the B-word", to which Walliams looked very guilty and swiftly moved on. The risks of broadcasting live...
    Thanks for sharing, @Univex. Didn't know he was a close friend of Roger!
    Love Shirley Bassey's reaction to him singing MR too :))

Edit: this was also quite funny:

• Denbigh wrote: »
    I think in that sense it’ll be a case of “you can’t please everyone” and to be honest a lot of that could be said about characters in other Bond films. Characters people loved and would’ve liked to see return but didn’t, but we’ll see. Either way I’m excited for what’s to come. Nice to have a cool and calm conversation with someone on here for once @FrankXavier haha, especially after yesterday :)
    Hey man, same to you. :)

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    And some actual filming news, as we've discussed, but MI6-HQ also heard the filming is supposed to wrap tomorrow, though they're awaiting confirmation.

• RC7RC7

Shame this isn’t a wider shot. I’m about 6 feet away from Craig here.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

And some actual filming news, as we've discussed, but MI6-HQ also heard the filming is supposed to wrap tomorrow, though they're awaiting confirmation.

Interesting: it would have been an especially short shoot had DC not injured his ankle. I wonder if this shorter shoot was in the works years ago, as EON's way of persuading DC to return.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 15,818
    If Craig sticks to his guns, after tomorrow we are officially in between Bond actors.

Craig's final day of filming in the role of James Bond will be behind him.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I don't know if anyone these additions to the IMDb page...
    Brigitte Millar ... Vogel (we kinda knew this but looking more official)
    Ahmed Bakare ... Spectre VIP Guest
    Mariia Legun ... Laboratory Team
    Michael Herne ... Spectre Guest
    Rae Lim ... Spectre Agent
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 13,034
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    If Craig sticks to his guns, after tomorrow we are officially in between Bond actors.

Dooon't rush to judgment on something like that until all the facts are in.

tumblr_p0p9v3QiqK1t5hqj3o1_250.gifv
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    Laboratory Team has to confirm a lair of some sort. It makes sense considering the plot revolves around a dangerous technology and something to do with genetics.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Laboratory Team has to confirm a lair of some sort. It makes sense considering the plot revolves around a dangerous technology and something to do with genetics.
    Yeah exactly, or could be when the scientist is kidnapped, if we even see it happen.
    Also mods, not sure if this should even go in spoiler tags. I thought casting like this might seem like more than just a minor spoiler? I don't know haha :D
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,554
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Sort of. He will be doing all sorts of press in March and April. Soi that part of the job is still to come.